Not just rejected but blocked

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

asp159
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2018, 7:51 pm

So I've been going to a christian youth club every Sunday for a couple of years now and there is a girl there that I like. I don't talk much but we exchange smiles and sometimes talk a little. I decided today to finally ask her out but because there is an entire group there constantly I decided to give her a note asking if she wanted to grab lunch some time and my number on it. When I got home I went on facebook and discovered she had completely blocked me from everything. Why would she do this? Does she intend to not go to the group anymore? Or will she just pretend nothing happened. Is our friendship also over? These questions are stuck in my head :cry:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:08 pm

Seems common to how a lot of women reject men, it’s said cause they fear any and all men could turn violent in them. I think it’s just a excuse to rude.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:12 pm

there is no possibility she just deleted her facebook account?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:15 pm

if she really blocked you, it's going to be a bit awkward on the group. it sounds a bit like a weird reaction from her. but some people are weird and like to cut ties to avoid any conflict.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 8:50 pm

Forget she exists and let her forget you do. Any other course of action is looking for trouble.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

asp159

25 Mar 2018, 9:01 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
there is no possibility she just deleted her facebook account?

No she blocked me specifically.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 9:04 pm

Hahaha! Aw, MAN, that sucks.

Don’t feel bad. I reconnected with a very dear friend from way back. I had no intentions towards her. Just thought she was cool and wanted to keep in touch. Next thing I know, she blocked me. I barely said two words two words to her, and BLOCKED, and that’s after a couple of decades.

I have no idea what goes through crazy folks’ minds. But if that’s how it is, then that’s how it is. Phükküm.

asp159

25 Mar 2018, 9:11 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Forget she exists and let her forget you do. Any other course of action is looking for trouble.

That's not exactly possible unless she intends not to go anymore. :?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 9:14 pm

asp159 wrote:
So I've been going to a christian youth club every Sunday for a couple of years now and there is a girl there that I like. I don't talk much but we exchange smiles and sometimes talk a little. I decided today to finally ask her out but because there is an entire group there constantly I decided to give her a note asking if she wanted to grab lunch some time and my number on it. When I got home I went on facebook and discovered she had completely blocked me from everything. Why would she do this? Does she intend to not go to the group anymore? Or will she just pretend nothing happened. Is our friendship also over? These questions are stuck in my head :cry:

If you are being honest in your account of the situation and not omitting any details that would give her reason to be so put off by you then we can only conclude that, while a person may resort to such measures for any reason they wish, she was still rude. But even NTs don't always have the best social skills. Be glad she didn't say yes. Who would want to associate with someone like that?

asp159

25 Mar 2018, 9:38 pm

Chronos wrote:
asp159 wrote:

If you are being honest in your account of the situation and not omitting any details that would give her reason to be so put off by you then we can only conclude that, while a person may resort to such measures for any reason they wish, she was still rude. But even NTs don't always have the best social skills. Be glad she didn't say yes. Who would want to associate with someone like that?

Didn't omit anything except that she has social anxiety. Maybe that's something to do with it.

The irony is she's a nursery nurse and I thought she was quite nice.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 10:11 pm

Christian youth thing? Eh...thing is, you can’t put your life on hold and neither can she. You just proceed as normal like nothing’s different and maybe just don’t make any kind of contact with her. Church is kinda important to me, so I wouldn’t dare suggest anyone feel they have to leave the group. It sucks. But see my previous post.

It’s a Christian YOUTH thing... Your profile says you’re 24. Out of curiosity, how old is she?

asp159

25 Mar 2018, 11:09 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Christian youth thing? Eh...thing is, you can’t put your life on hold and neither can she. You just proceed as normal like nothing’s different and maybe just don’t make any kind of contact with her. Church is kinda important to me, so I wouldn’t dare suggest anyone feel they have to leave the group. It sucks. But see my previous post.

It’s a Christian YOUTH thing... Your profile says you’re 24. Out of curiosity, how old is she?

Yeah it started out as one but I'm 24 now and she is 22. Every time I find something new I fck it up somehow. This time I don't even know how. Making mistakes that I don't even notice that piss people off so much they stop talking to me or maybe I just get attracted to bad people. I've got nothing left now even my mate won't talk to me and I'm constantly researching psychology to act better.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 11:33 pm

asp159 wrote:
Does she intend to not go to the group anymore?
Maybe she intends for you not to go to the group anymore. She might be planning to have a talk with whoever's in charge about getting you banned.

I have a feeling that the man in charge is going to have more sympathy for a tearful 22 year old girl than for a 24 year old man. People tend to take sides based on their first instinct and from then on they're anything but impartial.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2018, 11:50 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
asp159 wrote:
Maybe she intends for you not to go to the group anymore. She might be planning to have a talk with whoever's in charge about getting you banned.

I have a feeling that the man in charge is going to have more sympathy for a tearful 22 year old girl than for a 24 year old man. People tend to take sides based on their first instinct and from then on they're anything but impartial.

That's a stretch. I highly doubt she'd try and get him banned just for asking her out. She probably just simply wasn't interested and might have been afraid he'd contact her on Facebook about the whole note thing, which was an interaction she didn't want to have.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 12:13 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
asp159 wrote:

That's a stretch. I highly doubt she'd try and get him banned just for asking her out. She probably just simply wasn't interested and might have been afraid he'd contact her on Facebook about the whole note thing, which was an interaction she didn't want to have.

Yep. This seems more likely.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2018, 12:45 am

AngelRho wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
asp159 wrote:

Yep. This seems more likely.

In that case the OP will probably be fine.