Is he trying to flirt or just being friendly?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2018, 3:55 pm

I was talking with someone on the way to wok about what I was gonna do when I turn 21 in about a month. Later on when I was working, a guy friend of mine came up to me and said I overhead someone has a birthday coming up. He then told me happy birthday and when j said not for another month, he said it's never too early and walked away. Is this supposed to mean something or is he just being weird?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 8:09 pm

I believe the guy was embarrassed that he didn't know your birthday.

Perhaps, he is saying that every day should be like a birthday.

I don't see any "flirting."

I've said the same thing when I was embarrassed that I incorrectly guessed somebody's birthday.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 8:15 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
I was talking with someone on the way to wok about what I was gonna do when I turn 21 in about a month. Later on when I was working, a guy friend of mine came up to me and said I overhead someone has a birthday coming up. He then told me happy birthday and when j said not for another month, he said it's never too early and walked away. Is this supposed to mean something or is he just being weird?

If you're a woman and you have a "guy friend", especially a "close" guy friend...then he is most likely interested. In most cases (there are some exceptions, though), guys won't hang out with women on a regular basis, unless they are interested in them.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2018, 8:27 pm

SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

If you're a woman and you have a "guy friend", especially a "close" guy friend...then he is most likely interested. In most cases (there are some exceptions, though), guys won't hang out with women on a regular basis, unless they are interested in them.

He didn't say anything about hanging out just happy birthday even though it's like a month early and how he overhead about my birthday.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2018, 8:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe the guy was embarrassed that he didn't know your birthday.

Perhaps, he is saying that every day should be like a birthday.

I don't see any "flirting."

I've said the same thing when I was embarrassed that I incorrectly guessed somebody's birthday.

No he said how he overhead my birthday was coming up then said happy birthday its never too early

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 8:33 pm

Maybe he was trying to find an excuse to talk to you, then. And went about it in an awkward, sort of high school, way.

I used to do this sort of thing when I had trouble talking to girls. It made me look like a fool.

I wouldn't call this "flirting," though he might be interested in you.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2018, 8:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe he was trying to find an excuse to talk to you, then. And went about it in an awkward, sort of high school, way.

I used to do this sort of thing when I had trouble talking to girls. It made me look like a fool.

I wouldn't call this "flirting," though he might be interested in you.

I ain't sure, since he seems to hardly talk to me and avoids hanging out with me like he used to

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 9:24 pm

angelofdarkness wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

He didn't say anything about hanging out just happy birthday even though it's like a month early and how he overhead about my birthday.

Do you hang out with him regularly, or is he just a casual acquaintance?

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 9:36 pm

He could be trying to hint that he'd like to be invited if you have a celebration, maybe? It would be usually be considered a bit rude to straight out ask to be invited, which might explain the weird way of mentioning it.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2018, 12:59 am

SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

Do you hang out with him regularly, or is he just a casual acquaintance?

Used to hang out with him often but for some reason lately he's been avoiding me seems like after he invited me to a party

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 1:23 am

SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

This.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2018, 1:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

This.

I've already mentioned that this guy and I don't hang out outside of work, we used to then he invited me to a party where he hardly talked to me and now seems to avoid me

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 1:40 am

angelofdarkness wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

This.

I've already mentioned that this guy and I don't hang out outside of work, we used to then he invited me to a party where he hardly talked to me and now seems to avoid me

Then probably he lost interest.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2018, 1:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilverStar wrote:
angelofdarkness wrote:

This.

Then probably he lost interest.

I ain't so sure he was before, he seems interested in things I have to say at work just never seems to make plans to hang out anymore so I feel like I'm being avoided