Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2018, 7:00 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Don't get into a relationship. They usually end in heartbreak.

1 you going leave yours then?

Yes. I'm going to dump her. And them I'm not going to date any other girls. I'll just be single. I don't have enough energy for more dating. I'm tired.

People have disagreements, women in my experience tend to be irrationally and bipolar like, probably not all are but a lot are and it’s confusing, if she hasn’t left you she loves you and will probably come back around after she’s not angry.

If you do dump her you’ll probably find another in less then a month that’s been your history.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 2:55 am

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Don't get into a relationship. They usually end in heartbreak.

1 you going leave yours then?

Yes. I'm going to dump her. And them I'm not going to date any other girls. I'll just be single. I don't have enough energy for more dating. I'm tired.

People have disagreements, women in my experience tend to be irrationally and bipolar like, probably not all are but a lot are and it’s confusing, if she hasn’t left you she loves you and will probably come back around after she’s not angry.

Yeah, she came back.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 10:02 am

WolvesandDogs wrote:
I feel like I should be in a relationship by now. I have tried Match and failed. Where do you think I should go to find someone?

You could start off by posting in one of the Eligible Odd-Bods/Singles threads. As cberg mentioned, there are plenty of single males here...some might even meet your qualifications. I used to use OKCupid a lot, but it's very different today. It's mostly free, though, so it couldn't hurt to try.

22 and single isn't that uncommon, especially for people who are not sexually promiscuous.

Waiting until marriage will turn off a lot of guys (or they might see it as a personal challenge), but I definitely recommend, at the very least, saving it for someone who is worth it.

Mantis
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2018, 12:10 pm

Join a chess club, if you enjoy chess. That's a very male centric activity where you are also more likely then in many other communities to find guys more like you. The downside is you might experience some misogyny and condescending behavior. But, regardless of your looks, in that environment, you'll get some attention.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 12:23 pm

i have no idea, and i honestly don't understand either how to find friends. people say to go to place and do things and meet people but i do this and can't convert people i met in friends or any more deeper connection. i used to make friends at the internet but even this ability i lost. i met my only boyfriend on tinder, we are no longer together but we are good friends, i feel the only reason we managed to create a deeper connection was because in the first few months we couldn't met.

StickyVicky
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2018, 12:42 pm

Basics: Join a group of friends that go out; join a mutual interest club; you basically just have to put yourself out there. Women don't need to pursue men--they will come to you if you are even remotely attractive. If you are a shy and timid female, however, you need to be very careful about some of the men that you might end up attracting. Some men are sadists that enjoy mentally (and even physically) abusing sheltered and naive women who do not have the experience to detect them, and such women will often stay in relationships far longer than they should because of this inexperience. Stay away from online dating sites and stick to in-person meetings or introductions through mutual friends, it will save you a lot of future headaches and stalkers!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 1:01 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
WolvesandDogs wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Mudboy wrote:
modernmax wrote:
The waiting until marriage is a universal turnoff for every guy out there.

Only for the shallow loser guys.

A bit harsh don't you think?

I can definitely respect a girl who wants to wait until marriage, only if she is a virgin however.

I am a virgin.

I fully expect to wake up to 10 pages in the thread tomorrow, with random infighting, debates about the sanctity of marriage and a lock by the 11th page.

Yup. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet. :lol:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 1:06 pm

Mantis wrote:
Join a chess club, if you enjoy chess. That's a very male centric activity where you are also more likely then in many other communities to find guys more like you. The downside is you might experience some misogyny and condescending behavior. But, regardless of your looks, in that environment, you'll get some attention.

That downside doesn’t sound like a very fun outing. I’d rather have no attention than that, yuck!

Mantis
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2018, 1:15 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

That downside doesn’t sound like a very fun outing. I’d rather have no attention than that, yuck!

I might be overstating it. I've never been a woman in a chess club, just a man, and most chess players are alright. But, like any competitive activity, it draws in its share of obnoxious blowhards.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 1:30 pm

Mantis wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I might be overstating it. I've never been a woman in a chess club, just a man, and most chess players are alright. But, like any competitive activity, it draws in its share of obnoxious blowhards.

I live chess. Pity there aren’t clubs here that I know of. Maybe I need to make more effort.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 4:42 pm

I have been focusing on finding fan clubs for my interests (animated comedies). The problem: I have only been able to find online groups, none local, and the fan base for my interests is overwhelmingly male.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 11:30 pm

The only thing I can say is you'll find your love when you least suspect it!