What’s everyone’s thoughts on this lady?

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:06 pm

She’s a lot more straightforward and blunt then most other women. Image

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:28 pm

I think she’s pretty ridiculous.

Most women aren’t that stupid.

And most women are not superficial like this person.

Are you thinking about answering her---just for a laugh?

I dare you to call her a "lady" to her face. Most people in her generation don't like being called "lady."

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:44 pm

She's just being humorous. I didn't find it offensive.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:48 pm

BeaArthur wrote:

I don’t think so. Most women care about mans income she’s just more upfront about it
They usually say do not message me unless you have a good job car and your own place

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:49 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think she’s pretty ridiculous.

Most women aren’t that stupid.

And most women are not superficial like this person.

Are you thinking about answering her---just for a laugh?

I dare you to call her a "lady" to her face. Most people in her generation don't like being called "lady."

Everything else is offensive to call women even women

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:54 pm

I'm reminded of this exchange, which appeared on Craigslist in October of 2007

THE QUESTION:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.

I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 – 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to Central Park West. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

– Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics - bars, restaurants, gyms.

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings.

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

– Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

– Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows – lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

– How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults – I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them – in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 432279810

(NOTE: The above inquiry has since been deleted.)

THE RESPONSE:

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity ... in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold ... hence the rub ... marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump".

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

(NOTE: The above response has been wrongly attributed to J.P.Morgan.)

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 6:59 pm

"It's a meme you dip."

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 7:07 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
"It's a meme you dip."
No, the meme is called out on Snopes. What I posted was the original text.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2018, 8:06 pm

Sly: she was being funny. I think you should respond with a pic of a piggy bank.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 8:54 pm

sly279 wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

I don’t think so. Most women care about mans income she’s just more upfront about it
They usually say do not message me unless you have a good job car and your own place

I'm a woman, you're a man, yet you THINK you know what most women care about, and can tell me.

You're deluded.

As for good job, car, own place - they don't want to date somebody that still lives with mom and dad, or that works at McDonald's. Can't say I blame them, BUT that hardly makes them a gold digger. I'm a mature, independent adult and would only want to date a mature, independent man. (if I were on the market)

She's being humorous, but she's also deterring someone like you from filling her mailbox. The guy who goes out with her will be mature, independent, and have a sense of humor.

That's assuming the person who posted the profile is even female.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 9:08 pm

sly279 wrote:
She’s a lot more straightforward and blunt then most other women. Image

for the record, it's inappropriate sharing pictures of women without their consent with their name, age n work place online and then discussing their merits on a public forum. i'm not sure what your intentions are here but this is certainly inappropriate and something to take on board for future reference.

you should delete this thread altogether. it's not funny or cute.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 9:12 pm

also people on here judging a person they havent even met with her face displayed on it... wow i thought much better of y'all

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jun 2018, 9:17 pm

Gallia:
For one this person already put themselves on a public forum already so permission was already given
Second: the only person judging really is sly
And third: thought better of us? Really? I thought you were veteran here

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 9:24 pm

redbrick1 wrote:
For one this person already put themselves on a public forum already so permission was already given

not true. she gave permission within a specific platform and this is taken out of context. There is implied trust between users on Tinder that the information they share is not going to be misused. I would think she wouldn't be happy about this.

redbrick1 wrote:
Second: the only person judging really is sly

im pretty sure a - you dont know her b - she could just be joking and c - it's none of our business

redbrick1 wrote:
And third: thought better of us? Really? I thought you were veteran here

uhm, im not a veteran. just got here lol i didn't think people were into gossiping. if the OP wanted advice he could have just asked without sharing the picture etc it just doesn't seem respectful. i would hate it if people did that to me.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 9:29 pm

i guess if im sounding extra serious is because i actually study data privacy so that's sort of fresh in my head. i'm sure the op didn't mean any harm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 9:35 pm

This is the sort of post you might find on those incel forums about how evil femoids are all the same (AWALT) and just biological automatons and gold-diggers because their irrational hormones make them that way. They often try to encourage each other to find the woman on whatever dating/social media platform and harass her about being an evil femoid "roastie".

It's really disappointing and disconcerting to see this here. You may disagree with something someone puts in their dating profile (that could very well be a joke that you are misunderstanding or taking literally, as we tend to do), but it's not a reason to make a post like this which could put the person in danger. This is messed up.