How common are female aspies who haven't dated yet?

Page 3 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 7:17 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
99.9% of autistic women in their 20's in my city are mostly lesbians and taken.

LMAO - what is your source for this statistic?

Right. You don't have one.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 7:20 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

Now Bea... It’s totally possible that he asked all the women in their 20’s in his city about their sexuality and partners and then crunched the numbers to come up with this statistic.

It sounds perfectly reasonable.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 7:21 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

Now Bea... It’s totally possible that he asked all the women in their 20’s in his city about their sexuality and partners and then crunched the numbers to come up with this statistic.

LMAO... right. hee hee.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 11:24 pm

Quote:
NT women in their 20's who are more single it because they understand their decisions that may impact their wellbeing

So ecomat. Are you really proposing that people should form relationships regardless of how adversely it may affect their wellbeing? I know that you are not. I phrased this as a question to make a point.

Of course no one would sacrifice their wellbeing just to have the label of "being in a relationship". So it's perfectly understandable that people would wait to meet someone more compatible.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 11:47 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

Because those who live in his city and aware of their HF Autism may not be more than 5 persons.
In my country of 4 millions population, there was only 1 female Lebanese Aspie in WP who been active for a month or so (and yes she was taken and gorgeous, way out of my league lol) and oh, just 1 male too: me.
I find this very odd because WP appears first when googling autism communities and English isn’t a problem for most local youth.

No offense aspie ladies, but even the pandas are easier to find. :mrgreen:

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 4:51 am

hurtloam wrote:
Quote:
NT women in their 20's who are more single it because they understand their decisions that may impact their wellbeing

So ecomat. Are you really proposing that people should form relationships regardless of how adversely it may affect their wellbeing? I know that you are not. I phrased this as a question to make a point.

Of course no one would sacrifice their wellbeing just to have the label of "being in a relationship". So it's perfectly understandable that people would wait to meet someone more compatible.

Psychologists always tell people why they need to make decisions before considering their mental health and wellbeing. Relationships are hard work. Don't let them affect you.

NT women are very sensitive to rash decisions but that depends on culture and backgrounds.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 10:07 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

:mrgreen:

The statistics for homosexual female NDs is definitely not 99.9%. More like 5-10%. The prevalence for bisexual is a lot higher, maybe as high as 40%.

As for the prevalence of "being taken", I don't know, but nowhere near 90% at least. Maybe 50-75%.

So, he'd need to check a more random sample. :lol:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 10:12 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

Because those who live in his city and aware of their HF Autism may not be more than 5 persons.
In my country of 4 millions population, there was only 1 female Lebanese Aspie in WP who been active for a month or so (and yes she was taken and gorgeous, way out of my league lol) and oh, just 1 male too: me.
I find this very odd because WP appears first when googling autism communities and English isn’t a problem for most local youth.

If you search for ND ladies, they are rather common. Should be around 15% in most Eurasian populations, but probably fewer in the Middle East and definitely fewer in Africa.

So, in a country with 4 million people, there should be around 300,000 ND females, which is quite sufficient.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 11:40 am

rdos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

If you search for ND ladies, they are rather common. Should be around 15% in most Eurasian populations, but probably fewer in the Middle East and definitely fewer in Africa.

So, in a country with 4 million people, there should be around 300,000 ND females, which is quite sufficient.

How did you come up with 15%? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’ve never heard a statistic that high.

If you include the women who don’t quite have ASD but have BAP, it would make the number even higher.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2018, 12:04 pm

I'd say they're a lot less common than male Aspies who haven't dated yet. Why? Because the dating market inherently favours women.

Not to say it is easy for women dating - but the market value of a woman is a lot higher at baseline before 'extras' like salary, looks and so on are considered.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 6:47 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
How did you come up with 15%? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’ve never heard a statistic that high.

It's a good guess based on people from neutral sites doing Aspie Quiz.

Twilightprincess wrote:
If you include the women who don’t quite have ASD but have BAP, it would make the number even higher.

Well, ND is not ASD. It's more like the BAP. Maybe some prevalence study has been done on BAP? Still, it's a bit tricky to do.

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Aug 2018, 6:54 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

If you actually read what he wrote, he's saying that 99.9% are MOSTLY taken so really he's saying at least 50% are taken or not into guys. Not sure what the .1% comes from though

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2018, 5:27 pm

alex wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:

If you actually read what he wrote, he's saying that 99.9% are MOSTLY taken so really he's saying at least 50% are taken or not into guys. Not sure what the .1% comes from though

1% are very rare to meet. I met one or two female aspies I remember from uni who are heterosexual and single. We didn't hit it off despite she being immature like party animals. Pretty funny never met an aspie female are party animals. Must be uni culture got into her.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 2:25 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
I'd say they're a lot less common than male Aspies who haven't dated yet. Why? Because the dating market inherently favours women.

Not to say it is easy for women dating - but the market value of a woman is a lot higher at baseline before 'extras' like salary, looks and so on are considered.

What sort of percentile of men do you think the baseline market value of women is equivalent to? In other words, what percent of men do you think have enough looks/charm/whatever that it brings them up to an equal value to a woman who has nothing going for her except simply being female?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 2:35 am

"You should focus on finding an aspie woman" is the most unrealistic and senseless advice that could be given to guys here, yet I have seen it numerous times.

It's like saying "focus on winning the lottery" instead of focusing to acquire a good career.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 4:02 am

There are definitely types of people though. Maybe don't look for "aspies" as they will be hard to find. Just don't try and go for the ultra dolled up girls who want a house full of things from (what's the American equivalent of Next?) And who wants a flash car and money for expensive hair and nails.

There's plenty of more down to earth women who don't care about outward showiness. They are not so "in-your-face" and are harder to spot.

It's like I won't chase after guys who drive BMWs and who are obsessed with soccer and beer. Unless it's artisanal beer ;) there would be no point. They and I are not at all alike or liable to be attracted to each other's personalities.