OK if it so impossible, how did my boyfriend find me?

Page 2 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 10:55 am

Peacesells wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
The face of boo just likes an opening to bash females. There was seriously nothing aggressive about the OPs post. It had no deeper meaning. It’s exactly what I said a few posts up.

There was nothing aggressive in Boo's post too.

She’s just mad ever since I removed her from my fb.... ages ago.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 11:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
The face of boo just likes an opening to bash females. There was seriously nothing aggressive about the OPs post. It had no deeper meaning. It’s exactly what I said a few posts up.

Maybe she's trying to tease you. :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 11:35 am

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Maybe she's trying to tease you. :lol:

Probably but.... *yawn* her ways are too boring.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 2:49 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
... Some people want to make little to no effort in life and blame everyone when they fail to tend to the seeds which produce a fruitful tree...
This.

Those same people will ask for advice, dismiss each suggestion (whether they've tried it or not), and then blame everything and everybody except themselves for their failure to connect.

"Oh, but girls have it easy ... all they have to do is show up!" :roll:

"I'm so damned ugly that if ugly was a crime, I'd get the electric chair!" :roll:

"God doesn't want me to have a girlfriend!" :roll:

"It's those
<insert profane adjective here>-ing <insert misogynist epithet here> and their <insert profane adjective here>-ing high standards!" :roll:

"I can't get a girlfriend because no one will give me a job!" :roll:

"If only Sharia Law was in force; then they would HAVE to put out for me!"
:roll:

... yeah ... sure, guys ... whatever ... :roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 2:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
... Some people want to make little to no effort in life and blame everyone when they fail to tend to the seeds which produce a fruitful tree...
This.

Those same people will ask for advice, dismiss each suggestion (whether they've tried it or not), and then blame everything and everybody except themselves for their failure to connect.

"I'm so damned ugly that if ugly was a crime, I'd get the electric chair!" :roll:

"It's those
<insert profane adjective here>-ing <insert misogynist epithet here> and their <insert profane adjective here>-ing high standards!" :roll:

All true. However, everything happens for a reason.. and maybe the reason those people are single is because they are supposed to be, and they just haven't learned or accepted that yet. Maybe that's the Universe' way of doing what's right for others when these people haven't figured out that they're not supposed to be in relationships dragging others down with them.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
This.

"It's those

All true. However, everything happens for a reason.. and maybe the reason those people are single is because they are supposed to be, and they just haven't learned or accepted that yet. Maybe that's the Universe' way of doing what's right for others when these people haven't figured out that they're not supposed to be in relationships dragging others down with them.

what a load of poppycock

everything happens for a reason, and they're single so as to not drag the others down?

and what about those in the relationships who are dragging others down, that's also for a reason?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
This. Those same people will ask for advice, dismiss each suggestion (whether they've tried it or not), and then blame everything and everybody except themselves for their failure to connect.
Who says that "everything happens for a reason"? Who decides what people are "supposed to be"? The Universe is infinitely vast, so why should it care about the sex life of one individual? Is the Universe even sentient? Evidence, please?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
"If only Sharia Law was in force; then they would HAVE to put out for me!" :roll:

oh god, that one was just absolutely unbearable to read. i don't regret deleting that thread at all.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:28 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
Fnord wrote:
"If only Sharia Law was in force; then they would HAVE to put out for me!" :roll:
oh god, that one was just absolutely unbearable to read. i don't regret deleting that thread at all.
Sorry 'bout that. :( You can delete the above post too, if you'd like.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:36 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
This.

"It's those

what a load of poppycock

everything happens for a reason, and they're single so as to not drag the others down?

and what about those in the relationships who are dragging others down, that's also for a reason?

Everything happens for a reason.. sometimes we don't know what that reason is yet.

Maybe they're meant to learn from their mistakes and not do that to someone again? Maybe they're meant to teach the other person that they deserve better?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Explain? Why it triggered him?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 3:53 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Explain? Why it triggered him?
Shh ... can't discuss deleted threads.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 4:11 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
This.

"It's those

what a load of poppycock

Everything happens for a reason.. sometimes we don't know what that reason is yet.

Maybe they're meant to learn from their mistakes and not do that to someone again? Maybe they're meant to teach the other person that they deserve better?

does that mean that there's a reason for those children dying in syria? or children dying from cancer, AIDS; ebola? what lesson do they have to learn?

people like to assign reason to the universe so as to make it more tamable and less cruel, but truth be told it's just an anthropocentric explanation. Was the universe made just for us? I don't think so. we know s**t about what is there, and how and why it came to be and why we're still here.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 4:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
We would have never met if we didn't meet on okcupid, probably. So yes after failures I met someone on there and well its ended up in a lasting relationship. So IDK that is why it hard for me to believe that its 'impossible' for guys on the spectrum to ever get a relationship. Like my boyfriend is not some social guru, I mean he doesn't even have any friends though we are trying to make some.....yet he attracted me just fine. Just saying I am not the only woman out there who wants someone to fall in love with rather than a provider. The way it is now we will help each other survive..both putting in what we can.

I have even had second thoughts because I think I cannot put enough in.....like I am still working on getting work and such. But thing is he really loves me, so like he wants to be with me even as I work through that...If I broke up with him he would be devastated so I certainly am not staying with him for him to provide for me. I really love him and I think in the hypothetical situation that someone came to do us harm in our apartment....I'd defend him if need be, though logically he is bigger so he might do more defending. But that is the point if everything goes to s**t, which could happen in this country we both have each others backs.

With all honesty, do you think your male version (unemployed too, aspie, same non conventional looks, same shortcomings...etc) would be able to win the female version of your boyfriend?

As a start, the hypothetical 'female version of your boyfriend' would have faaaaar more options on okcupid than what your boyfriend had on okcupid - because that's a one reality of online dating: men outnumber women by far, and women receive tons more offers than men.

On the other hand, your hypothetical male version, would have faaaar less options on okcupid than what you really had there.

Well I am not talking about hypotheticals I am just talking about real life. The hypothetical male version of me could be gay for all I know...so really its rather pointless really to debate about it.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 4:26 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
This.

"It's those

what a load of poppycock

does that mean that there's a reason for those children dying in syria? or children dying from cancer, AIDS; ebola? what lesson do they have to learn?

people like to assign reason to the universe so as to make it more tamable and less cruel, but truth be told it's just an anthropocentric explanation. Was the universe made just for us? I don't think so. we know s**t about what is there, and how and why it came to be and why we're still here.

I never claimed to know the reason everything happens. This is one of those times where I don't know what those reasons are yet - and may never know. Keep asking; maybe you'll learn.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 4:39 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
... people like to assign reason to the universe so as to make it more tamable and less cruel, but truth be told it's just an anthropocentric explanation...
People also like to assign "reason to the universe" in a vain effort to absolve themselves of responsibility for their own actions.

I mean, how convenient for them to have an entire universe to blame for the problems they cause for themselves. Why not blame something that's beyond their ability to control for their lack of "Luck with the Ladies" so they don't have to bathe, brush, floss, deodorize, dress well, go out, mingle, smile, listen, laugh, and socialize? Why not blame the infinite, uncaring universe instead of their own laziness, lack of personal hygiene, ignorance, body odor, bad breath, and poor manners?

This is why people invent ridiculous things like astrology, numerology, and entire nations of supernatural "gods" who have nothing better to do with their immortality than to determine what vexations they will inflict on us mere mortals.

Get real! Our fates lie not in the stars, but within ourselves.

Last edited by Fnord on 29 Jun 2018, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.