Living with parents kind of puts the kibosh on dating?

Page 30 of 30 [ 475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 19 Jan 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 899

27 Jul 2018, 4:52 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
RainbowUnion wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And how your daughter was paying for this affordable one bedroom apartment before having a boyfriend? Did she have a job?


My other gripe is the fact that for women, its still seen as far more acceptable for them to be a parasite of some sort, whether its on their family, boyfriend, or husband. Why? Because they have body parts that 94% of men desire? Seems a pretty BS reason.


Now c’mon RainbowUnion, be fair here.. if Bea had a hot young twink son with a desirable bussy, some sugar daddy might pay for his keep, too.


Yeah, but thats far, far, far less common and you know it. Its also not seen as socialiy acceptable, whereas the other one is.


All true.

Women want equality until its time to pay the bills, then they expect to be looked after. Even if they were expected to pay a 35% share (70% of half, seeing as women are paid 70% of what men are, on average, for the same jobs) most wouldn’t want to & expect gender roles to carry on.


I’m glad you said “not all women” because a mentally ill woman with several disabilities who works extensively hard, 40+ hours to scrape by finds it a tad offensive that you would say such a thing.

Seriously do you people even live? Where is this magical world where women don’t work full time to keep themselves alive??


My mom used the legal clout and unfair status granted to mothers in marriages to be a parasite for most of her life.


_________________
"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado


RainbowUnion
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 19 Jan 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 899

27 Jul 2018, 4:57 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
If people want that "youthful" energy, they better look at the laws of their state or nation very carefully.

Basically, a person 21 or older cannot have sexual relations with a person under 18. It's fuzzier for people 18 to 20 years of age.

The "age of consent" doesn't matter as to these laws.


Yes, know your laws of the land. It’s 16 here in Canada, nation wide. It’s only 18 when you’re in a position of authority over someone like a teacher, coach, or boss. Technically it’s 18 for anal sex consent, but that law has not been enforced for decades and is in the process of being removed as it discriminates against 16-17yo homosexuals.


I think all age of conscent laws are BS when they prohibit teenagers post puberty from having sex. Also my understanding is that in Canada there is a double standard with regard to your First Nations, because there is pretty much no such thing as an Aboriginal virgin over the age of 15 or so.

I was 16 when I had my first partner sex. Only fkked up thing was that my 19 yo partner could have faced a prison cell over something I enjoyed and was glad to have happen.


_________________
"It must be understood, that neither by word nor deed had I given Fortunato cause to doubt my good-will. I continued as was my wont, to smile in his face, and he did not perceive that my smile was at the thought of his immolation."

Edgar Allan Poe, The Cask of Amontillado


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

27 Jul 2018, 5:19 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Can’t hotlink or I would. I saw an info graphic on fb yesterday that said 24-34yo Americans made an average of $34k in 1977. And in 2016? Also $34k. This is why we don’t have our own homes.

RetroGamer87 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Every act of anal intercourse is criminalized with the exemptions for married couples or 2 people over age 18. The exemptions become invalid if a third person is present of if the act does not take place in private.

I never thought left wing Canada would be that homophobic. Do they expect gays to have penis in vagina sex?

Then again something tells me this law isn't enforced.



It’s not enforced and in the process of being repealed so that 16yo gay boys can legally f**k, too.


Social security payments are worse. And people get upset we need housing and other assistance to make due on 750 a month


How much money do you think you’re entitled to without earning it? :?

I don’t feel that bad for you, sly. You have less than zero interest in working on yourself until you’re capable of working longer hours. You’re content with doing as little work as humanly possible, and that’s why you’ll get very little money for your lack of efforts.

When there comes a time when you decide to work towards being able to make more money, I’ll be around to encourage you to stay the course on your path of self improvement. Until then, you won’t find me saying sly deserves more money for his willingness to do nothing for it.


Social security is suppose to provide a livable income to live off of increasing with inflation but it was rigged not to after the government stole social security money to use else where.


I already know you have me and think im a mooch so just stop talking to me



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

27 Jul 2018, 5:21 pm

Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
You really seem to have anxiety


Some anxiety is warrented.

I don’t think you’ll be raped in a office building at work in front of everyone.
Anymore then one of my coworkers will randomly kill me.


You often complain about other people acting like the problems you face aren't real. You of all people should know better than to selectively read this, ...
Chronos wrote:
Men are more often in the position to choose higher-paying jobs which would present women with potential safety issues. For example my friend worked in the oil fields for a while. He was surrounded by other men, sometimes they had to stay overnight, and there were no bathroom facilities. would I go out to the middle of nowhere and stay the night with a bunch of roughneck men, most of which would probably like to have sex with me and any one of which could easily over power me and where I have no place to relieve myself without exposing myself? No.

... noting there are reasons there for a job like the oil-mining one to cause women anxiety, and summing it up as a matter of Chronos being anxious, implying there are no reasons for her alleged anxiety after all. That's what feminists mean when they say women get invalidated by men all the time, though, of course, it happens to men, too, usually from someone above them in the hierarchy, and I'm sure you're fed up with it yourself.

No you’re right every man in her office and every man in the world including us is just waiting for a chance to rape women :roll:

Rap hardly ever happens in public during the day. And she said she feels safer in her office job because there’s phones. So she’s afraid at any ,in one of her fellow employees will just start raping her in the office in front of everyone else. That’s not very likely. Most men won’t rape women or let women be raped. Those who do will instead follow women home or wait until their drunk or drug them in private places. Most rape from what I understand is don by family or friends to women who are incapacitated in some form or another. Next is home invasion rape. Rape in alleyways or parks when no ones around. Rapist don’t want to get caught and are cowards. So they wait til no one else is around but them and the victim.
Work would be the worse place for that.

But I’m not judging her. We aspies have anxiety issues. I’m afraid of being mugged or attacked walking home every day, it’s not likely to happen but I’m still anxious about it. I mean I don’t go places Ill be alone. And there’s cameras on my path from work to the bus and still people around and thus not likely a mugger would do so as their chances of getting caught are high. So I get her anxiety and fear. But I don’t think most men are rapist in the waiting. People here and else where point out I’m just being anxious and it’s not a reality that’ll I’ll be mugged, but mugging happen a lot, I could be mugged so I live in fear of it. I don’t think any of the men at her work will rape her.


Sly:

My argument was one reason women choose offices over field jobs in predominantly male dominated fielda is because they offer her more safety from sexual assault.

Would you care to explain why you are proceeding as if I have claimed that a woman will be raped in an office of men?

Haven't you been warned about twisting other people's words before? They were going to ban you last time and I told them not to and to give you another chance even though I was the one who's words you were twisting and who you were mischaracterizing.

I thought you might struggle with reading comprehension and I was trying to be empathetic and forgiving.


Your reason is because unlike field jobs office jobs have phones which seems to imply that men in mostly men office jobs are just as likely to rape women as on an oil rigg but it’s safer cause theories a phone to call help.

I’m. Or twisting anything
Below is a quote of your words comparing oil rigs to offices and why I came toe analysis I did based solely off your words then when I disagree you threaten to get me banned and claim I’m twisting your words
You said offices are safer cause phone access. I say they safer cause men won’t rape women in a office as they might on a oil rig regardless of the phone excess

How about I ignore you and you ignore me so please don’t respond to any posts I make in the future



Last edited by sly279 on 27 Jul 2018, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

27 Jul 2018, 5:24 pm

Chronos wrote:
The banks where I am typically have male and female bank tellers but the reason low wage service, retail, and receptionist jobs tend to be predominantly female is because they are relatively safe, predictable, and easy to get. They require little training or overtime and thar makes them appealing to women who want a safe environment and who are juggling work and child care responsibilities and don't have time for school, or don't intend to be the primary wage earner.

Men are more often in the position to choose higher-paying jobs which would present women with potential safety issues. For example my friend worked in the oil fields for a while. He was surrounded by other men, sometimes they had to stay overnight, and there were no bathroom facilities. would I go out to the middle of nowhere and stay the night with a bunch of roughneck men, most of which would probably like to have sex with me and any one of which could easily over power me and where I have no place to relieve myself without exposing myself? No.

But I'll work in an all-male office where I have a phone and can quickly call the police and they can quickly arrive, there are bathroom facilities and we are not sleeping overnight together.

Implies the only difference is the phone and police being able to arrive quickly.
So it would seem if you took the phone away the office building would be as dangerous as the oil rigg.

I don’t have reading comprehension problems which I take as a person attack
You compared to places with the difference being access to a phone.



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

27 Jul 2018, 5:37 pm

sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The banks where I am typically have male and female bank tellers but the reason low wage service, retail, and receptionist jobs tend to be predominantly female is because they are relatively safe, predictable, and easy to get. They require little training or overtime and thar makes them appealing to women who want a safe environment and who are juggling work and child care responsibilities and don't have time for school, or don't intend to be the primary wage earner.

Men are more often in the position to choose higher-paying jobs which would present women with potential safety issues. For example my friend worked in the oil fields for a while. He was surrounded by other men, sometimes they had to stay overnight, and there were no bathroom facilities. would I go out to the middle of nowhere and stay the night with a bunch of roughneck men, most of which would probably like to have sex with me and any one of which could easily over power me and where I have no place to relieve myself without exposing myself? No.

But I'll work in an all-male office where I have a phone and can quickly call the police and they can quickly arrive, there are bathroom facilities and we are not sleeping overnight together.

Implies the only difference is the phone and police being able to arrive quickly.
So it would seem if you took the phone away the office building would be as dangerous as the oil rigg.

I don’t have reading comprehension problems which I take as a person attack
You compared to places with the difference being access to a phone.


Your modifications of the environment I was speaking of constitute an environment you are speaking of and not the environment I was speaking of.

And again you are twisting my words in your rebuttal. I don't believe I have a reason to defend you in the future.

I could be mistaken but as I recall, I said I might report you and you were acting as if I had reported you and were going to be banned because you had already received warnings from the moderators concerning previous violations unrelated to anything concerning me.

Anyway I will refrain from advocating on your behalf in the future.



Last edited by Chronos on 27 Jul 2018, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

27 Jul 2018, 5:43 pm

Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
The banks where I am typically have male and female bank tellers but the reason low wage service, retail, and receptionist jobs tend to be predominantly female is because they are relatively safe, predictable, and easy to get. They require little training or overtime and thar makes them appealing to women who want a safe environment and who are juggling work and child care responsibilities and don't have time for school, or don't intend to be the primary wage earner.

Men are more often in the position to choose higher-paying jobs which would present women with potential safety issues. For example my friend worked in the oil fields for a while. He was surrounded by other men, sometimes they had to stay overnight, and there were no bathroom facilities. would I go out to the middle of nowhere and stay the night with a bunch of roughneck men, most of which would probably like to have sex with me and any one of which could easily over power me and where I have no place to relieve myself without exposing myself? No.

But I'll work in an all-male office where I have a phone and can quickly call the police and they can quickly arrive, there are bathroom facilities and we are not sleeping overnight together.

Implies the only difference is the phone and police being able to arrive quickly.
So it would seem if you took the phone away the office building would be as dangerous as the oil rigg.

I don’t have reading comprehension problems which I take as a person attack
You compared to places with the difference being access to a phone.


Your modifications of the environment I was speaking of constitute an environment you are speaking of and not the environment I was speaking of.

And again you are twisting my words in your rebuttal. I don't believe I have a reason to defend you in the future.


I made no modifications i dont know what your talking about
That’s your post quoted directly no changes it holding it.

You compared all male oil rigg to all male office. I’m not twisting anything

What difference would the phone make if the men in office are less likely to rape you?
Please explain what you meant if I understood wrong?
All I have to go by is what your posted above a comparison with the phone being the difference which to me says it’s safer cause while they just as likely to rapenwomen the woman can call for help if it happens?
If not why include the phone and quick police?

Pleas explain and if I’m wrong I’ll apologize but that’s how it reads.



Last edited by sly279 on 27 Jul 2018, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

27 Jul 2018, 5:45 pm

Mods please explain how I twisted her words at all? Cause it seems she just didn’t like I’m disagreeing and accusing me to get me banned and shut up.
For that matter anyone else but chronological ppleas explain
Kraft, boo, historygirl etc

It honesty seems like we can’t talk to anyone as we’d be twisting their words whatever the f**k that means.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

27 Jul 2018, 5:53 pm

Looked it up
Twisting words means you know what someone meant and repeat their words saying it had different meanings

I only have what she said to go by that’s it I’m not a mind reader.

Two situations were compared with one difference the phone
How else am I suppose to read that?



Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,698

27 Jul 2018, 5:59 pm

sly279 wrote:
Mods please explain how I twisted her words at all? Cause it seems she just didn’t like I’m disagreeing and accusing me to get me banned and shut up.
For that matter anyone else but chronological ppleas explain
Kraft, boo, historygirl etc

It honesty seems like we can’t talk to anyone as we’d be twisting their words whatever the f**k that means.


I've never told the moderators to ban you, quite the opposite. The first time I became fed up with you twisting my words and mischaracterizing me, I told the moderators, who had already seen your posts, not to ban you. This time I asked a mod to warn you.

However in the future I will not advocate on your behalf like that.

Being taking things out of context seems to be an ongoing problem with you, I highly recommend that if you are going to reply to my posts at all, you quote exactly what I said and only address that alone without adding or detracting anything from it or it's meaning or context.

If the office has a phone, then don't take the phone out of it and proceed as if I were speaking of an office without a phone, because I put the phone there for a reason and was speaking about an office with a phone. Not your office without a phone.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,181
Location: US

27 Jul 2018, 6:06 pm

Chronos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Mods please explain how I twisted her words at all? Cause it seems she just didn’t like I’m disagreeing and accusing me to get me banned and shut up.
For that matter anyone else but chronological ppleas explain
Kraft, boo, historygirl etc

It honesty seems like we can’t talk to anyone as we’d be twisting their words whatever the f**k that means.


I've never told the moderators to ban you, quite the opposite. The first time I became fed up with you twisting my words and mischaracterizing me, I told the moderators, who had already seen your posts, not to ban you. This time I asked a mod to warn you.

However in the future I will not advocate on your behalf like that.

Being taking things out of context seems to be an ongoing problem with you, I highly recommend that if you are going to reply to my posts at all, you quote exactly what I said and only address that alone without adding or detracting anything from it or it's meaning or context.

If the office has a phone, then don't take the phone out of it because I put the phone there for a reason.


Where did I said you do?
But you are saying you don’t defend me against bans in the future and only reason I you think I should be banned but that’s not even discussed so why are you bringing it up? I’d assume cause you know I panic and freak out at possible ban.

In my opinion I took nothing out of context so pleas prove andnexplain how I did?

I always quote you exactly where did I edit your post besides holding the bottom part to show people? Where? Where have I ever editing any ones quoted posts?

Was not the context women find office work safer then field work and here’s why?
Which i dont know how we got there cause I wasn’t even talking about field work just saying most retail, fast food and banks are mostly women.

Is the phone there cause it makes office safer then oil rigg? If so why? My reading was because rape risk is same but help can arrive cause of the phone. Is that wrong?