Maybe I’ll meet Mr. Right?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 7:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Where do you put your wallet?

Tiny fanny pack belt for cell/ID/cash/party favours etc.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 7:11 pm

Fnord wrote:
[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers.

I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]

It’s supposed be an over the top loud & proud spectacle. People wear costumes, kinky stuff etc much like Halloween or a dance competition.. only it’s men’s “lingerie,” on display. The whole thing is a protest and celebration of sexuality soooo, it gets sexualized. Plus it’s fun as all hell!

There was a dentist at the party last night. Also a straight guy who wanted to party it up with several hundred gay guys simply because we know how to party like no one else. 8)

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2018, 7:34 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
[question=ignorant]

I know that this is a rude, ignorant, stupid, straight-guy question; but "Why does expressing pride have to involve dressing up like a clown?" I've seen the Doo-Dah parade up close, and it looks like a bunch of adults have just finished raiding the wardrobe department at Ringling Brothers.

I mean, there are some 'proud' dudes around here who can really rock a 3-piece business suit, sorta like the way that Neil Patrick Harris did on "How I Met Your Mother". If someone is going to express pride, then why not express it in ways that they can be proud of?

[/question]

It’s supposed be an over the top loud & proud spectacle. People wear costumes, kinky stuff etc much like Halloween or a dance competition.. only it’s men’s “lingerie,” on display. The whole thing is a protest and celebration of sexuality soooo, it gets sexualized. Plus it’s fun as all hell!

There was a dentist at the party last night. Also a straight guy who wanted to party it up with several hundred gay guys simply because we know how to party like no one else. 8)

Yes, you do. Most of my 20s was spent with my best (male gay) friend in a bunch of city gay clubs. Some of the most fun ever. :D

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 11:56 am

I had a pretty rad time at this party, which was held in the 2 floor club of the hotel my dad spent his first night in Vancouver in back in ~1972. 8)

Left my car near the beach at a friends, took transit, predrank with a friend, took a taxi. 600-700 gay dudes there, 2 girls, 1 straight dude who just wanted to party with the best partiers. Understandable!

Caught up with a few party acquaintances, came out as autistic to a couple of them - their reactions are always fun. Sent a pretty sweet dick pic anonymously to a drag queen friend I knew didn’t have my cell number, got a favourable reply lol, then made a point of showing my wrist tattoo to her that’s visible in the pic until she clued in and blushed lol fun times. Made a point of buying drinks for a couple that were behind me in a bar lineup simply to celebrate them bein a gay couple - the older one asked me what sparked my generosity and I told him it’s because they said they were a couple; celebrate that. He said it was their 6th anniversary, too, so that was cool. I think I’ll make a tradition of this.

The after party venue as too small so it overflowed outside but whatever, no big deal. Went for a long walk towards transit with a cute boy who turned out to be a trans man. I realized this in conversation/didn’t care. Cops were called over a noise nuisance and things went sideways when the cops were asking for his name (assuming the one he provided was an alias vs legal name etc) and all I could do was watch as the trans guy was arrested for “assault on a P.O.,” and taken away in a paddy wagon. Long story short: I talked to the arresting officer for a while and explained he wasn’t evading identification, he was simply uncomfortable revealing his trans identity to Me by giving his birth name. Also, when the cop told me I was free to go I said I was just watching and afterwards he asked if I was watching to see if he didn’t something wrong and I told him “No. I’m just watching. Watching to see who’s right. If you do something wrong, I’ll say something. If you get overpowered, I’ll help you.” Bet result is that my words made an impact and that officer will know how to better deal with trans people after all the things I explained And they did Not charge him with assault on a P.O. or anything at all, even though a sergeant was called to press charges.. they downgraded the whole thing to an arrest for breach of peace, which carries no criminal charge in Canada, it’s simply an arrest intended to restore peace in the moment and that’s it that’s all done. 8)

Annnnnd my party promoter friend who threw 15 parties in 10 venues over 5 dad with over 100 artists is now dealing with the ultimate in fallout drama: rumours that he raped someone over Pride. I know 2 of the 3 spreading rumours via Instagram stories, and one of them is a disgruntled ex employee. My friend shared this on FB and said he’s contacted the police already. Apparently they’re alleging that he had sexual with an unconscious person. Meanwhile he’s the one who throws parties with safe spaces and promotes “consent culture.” Worst I could imagine is that he hooked up with someone who was intoxicated, as many people do, but no f*****g way he raped some unconscious person. The last time this trio spread rumours of rape through the community last year (which may have been true, no one can know for certain but possible victims now) te DJ they said raped people killed himself. My friend suspects these three are spreading these rumours to destroy his business success and defame him/make him feel suicidal. Time will tell how this all plays out.. but holy f*****g s**t what a horrific bunch of drama he’s got to deal with right now. Knowing him, the worst I’d believe is that he had a hookup with someone who later regretted hooking up with someone while they were intoxicated, but no f*****g way he raped an unconscious person. Drrraaaaaaammmmaaa..

While I parked my car near the beach I never did make it there for the traditional Wreck Beach recovery day on Monday.. I was on my way when one of my favourite 22yo Christian School soccer star messaged and said he was house sitting not tooo far from where I live and to come over, soooo, I rerouted, had a couple cans of redbull etc, and swung by home for a quick shower at omw. :mrgreen: I was up for over 40 hours before I finally crashed on Monday night lol good times good times.. such a whirlwind of a shortened long weekend when you’re cash poor and have to work Every Day to make enough coin to pay for expensive things. Ah well, I’m in good shape & will do whatever it takes. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 4:08 pm

Updates no one cares about:

My talk with the arresting officer made an impact. There was no assault on a PO charge filed against the young trans man, only an arrest for "breach of peace," which is a simply arrest intended to restore peace in the moment - no criminal charge attached. 8)

My friend has been transparent about the allegations against him and shared the social media post on Facebook. IMO it's a bit of crazy nonsense, and possibly entirely fabricated. Sure, he's a party promoter and likes hooking up with people, but he's no rapist. There's no mention of a victim or anyone coming forward. The ex employee who spewed the allegations online seems vindictive. His allegations were also edited a few times before being removed. My friend stated he's not pursuing legal action further because of the monetary cost of doing so. He only truly needs social acceptance of his innocence vs. legal, as he is in a very social business. None the less, I told him that when a Human Rights lawyer wanted $300/hr to represent me against an extreme homophobe who fabricated allegations of sexual harassment in an attempt to get me fired from my job, I consulted a free lawyer for 45mins for leads to go on, then represented myself at the BC Human Rights Tribunal, and won.. and that if he wants me to put my lawyer cap back on I'll read with him. I doubt he'll pursue it further, though, as the court of public opinion matters more than any legal paperwork ever could. People in the community either believe him or they don't - and in general I think people do believe him and believe that the one who posted the allegations has a skewed "victim mentality," after having been a rape victim twice over himself. Drrrrraaaaammmaaaa.. but I think it'll all blow over and things will work out just fine for my party promoter friend.