I think I'll never get a bf. :(

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 3:44 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
It's one of the major catchphrases of a neckbeard (universally mocked and despised, FYI).

What a dapper looking fellow. Looks like a nice gentleman. I am not a neckbeard (If you are, good for you), I am a Wolf. Don't really care what you think of me to be honest. You be you, and I'll be me. Respect goes a long way.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 3:46 pm

Whale_Tuune wrote:
I'm coming to this forum to share experience/advice and receive support, not to find dates....

Besides which, I have limited means of transportation, which means I can only date within my area, and I doubt many young eligible bachelors on this forum or online in general live that much near me.

I guess my bigger question is if it's inherently hypocritical to be attracted to good social skills, or if that's "out of my league". Frankly, guys can actually be like a 4/5 and if they're good at social skills, I still like them...

Not necessarily, but I would say if you expected that and also that he was an 8, with a high income, then we're stepping into some delusion. Always use common sense. Because that guy, could get someone more attractive than you, and with better social skills too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:01 pm

I found a date for you, and he's a good conversationalist too, well...at least for his species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNz01X8XlmA

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:05 pm

NOC died 11 years ago :(

Rest in peace NOC.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:27 pm

The Neckbeard picture looks like me about the age of 24. I was thinner, though.

I had that “neckbeard” thing going....I might have even said “M’lady” a couple of times....

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:29 pm

Yes, and also, I'm on the Death Star. There are not many space whales floating around. :roll:

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:45 pm

Please don't destroy our planet.

(Take notice how I did not use Milady)
(Damn it! Did it again :wall: )
( :mrgreen: )

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Neckbeard picture looks like me about the age of 24. I was thinner, though.

I had that “neckbeard” thing going....I might have even said “M’lady” a couple of times....

Did you also wear a fedora?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:50 pm

Nope. Never was into hats.....My head's too big LOL

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 4:56 pm

I have a guy in my neighborhood who wears a detailed Indiana Jones style hat with the leather jacket. Quite awesome. Would never wear it myself though.

And when Kraftie and I turn into Wolf form, the fedora would fall off because of the ears :D

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 5:12 pm

Whale_Tuune wrote:
Like I said, part of the problem is that I don't really put myself out there, and honestly have no understanding of how guys signal their interest.

This means, guys I like may like me, but I'd have no way of knowing.

If you think a guy likes you, he probably does. A lot of the examples you've mentioned sound like guys who are interested in you.

I certainly don't know the fine points between "flirting" and "just being friendly", but I think as long as you don't lay it on too heavily, you won't be accused of "barking up the wrong tree", so to speak. Just be you.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 5:39 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
Please don't destroy our planet.

(Take notice how I did not use Milady)
(Damn it! Did it again :wall: )
( :mrgreen: )

I suppose if I get a boyfriend, I'll be in a merciful mood. :twisted:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 5:57 pm

Meh at least your not a fox everyone hates foxes.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2018, 6:22 pm

I don't hate foxes.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2018, 6:33 pm

Whale_Tuune wrote:
I have limited means of transportation, which means I can only date within my area, and I doubt many young eligible bachelors on this forum or online in general live that much near me.
Perhaps you could join a dating site. You can adjust the maximum distance for your matches.

Whale_Tuune wrote:
Like I said, part of the problem is that I don't really put myself out there, and honestly have no understanding of how guys signal their interest.

This means, guys I like may like me, but I'd have no way of knowing.
On dating sites that won't be an issue. It's all text based. If someone likes you, they'll tell you. If you like them, you can tell them. No body language required.

Whale_Tuune wrote:
I guess my bigger question is if it's inherently hypocritical to be attracted to good social skills, or if that's "out of my league". Frankly, guys can actually be like a 4/5 and if they're good at social skills, I still like them...
Not really. If you have poor social skills than you may need support from someone with better social skills. e.g. my cousin is quite introverted, fortunately his wife is very outgoing. She helps him at social gatherings.

As for "out of your league", I'm not sure which traits you desire that you would consider out of your league. Whatever they may be, the heart wants what the heart wants. And you can find that out of your league person. I did. People might consider my girlfriend to be out of my league. If I didn't know her I'd consider her to be out of my league. Yet I found her. I hadn't found her when I was 19. These things take time. You'll need patience.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 1:49 am

be glad that as a girl, the burden of being the hunter doesn't fall on your shoulders