Lady at work keeps interrogating me 0.o

Page 6 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 7:28 am

What's up with all this debate about if a guy can be friends with a girl he's attracted to? Some of my friends are attractive but I don't let that interfere with our friendship. If I had a rule like, don't be friends with attractive girls I'd have a few less friends now.

All this talk about how can you control your thoughts and sexual urges, etc, can't you guys get your minds out of the gutter? It's possible to notice that someone is attractive without thinking constantly about having sex with someone.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 7:33 am

goldfish21 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Hmmm. I've hear guys explain their techniques for dealing with the old hydraulics issue such as clenching a muscle in their thigh.

Could the older guys not offer some advice on this? I can't really help. Its not my area of expertise.

There’s almost nothing a guy can do to prevent an erection.

When I need to, I distract myself by shifting my thoughts to something totally non sexual - maybe my to do list or anything other than the sexy thoughts making me aroused.

Beyond that.. camouflage. Leave the room, sit down at a desk, lay on your chest on your beach blanket etc.

Of course there's something a guy can do. Remember that the biggest sexual organ is the brain. If you see someone who's attractive and you don't want to give them a standing ovation just allow yourself to get mentally turned on but not physically turned on. You can appreciate their sex appeal in your mind without letting it get to your body.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 7:44 am

sly279 wrote:
I agree with spider pig
As soon as they feel or see I have an erection around them they say I’m a creep and maybe even call the cops on me so why would I put myself in that situation. Better to just to not have female friends.

I wouldn’t call someone who freaks out because you have an erection a friend. That’s what I was trying to get at: I strongly suspect women don’t always freak out when they notice a man who isn’t in a committed relationship with them is sexually attracted to them, but, of course, you’d get the opposite impression from threads like this. I’m pretty sure it’s possible for them to reach a level of trust enough to just laugh it off in a friendly way (not in a “Ha, ha, pathetic loser, looks like your doodle thinks it has a chance to release its wretched load of sperm full of weak genes into my divinely sweet vagina—the poor thing is in for a big disappointment!” way), and even to accept some physical contact they actually enjoy without fearing you’ll try to force them into things they’re not okay with.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 8:07 am

goldfish21 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Hmmm. I've hear guys explain their techniques for dealing with the old hydraulics issue such as clenching a muscle in their thigh.

Could the older guys not offer some advice on this? I can't really help. Its not my area of expertise.

There’s almost nothing a guy can do to prevent an erection.

When I need to, I distract myself by shifting my thoughts to something totally non sexual - maybe my to do list or anything other than the sexy thoughts making me aroused.

Beyond that.. camouflage. Leave the room, sit down at a desk, lay on your chest on your beach blanket etc.

I’ve found that masturbating often, and particularly having done it before heading to the place where erections are a problem, helps a lot to prevent them. When I do get an untimely erection, I usually remember, “See? I shouldn’t have left my room so hastily, without taking the time to masturbate first”. Why make convoluted and necessarily imperfect attempts to suppress “temptation” when you can fall into it already and be done with it?

Also, I’m not sure this is so far off a woman’s “area of expertise”. After all, they can masturbate, too—though they’re, on average, much likelier to have a willing sexual partner instead—and also get erections, even if you can’t see them from the outside.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 8:10 am

sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Uuummm....

That's called "making conversation," and it's pretty normal.

So normal that no other woman at my work does it?

Yes. Asking someone questions is a pretty standard way of starting a conversation.

As for the other females at your work, they've probably picked-up on the fact you don't really want to talk to them, and getting a response out of you is like pulling teeth, so they've stop trying. As for the chick who is chatting you up, she probably sees that you're quiet, and she's trying to be friendly and bring you out of your "shell."

You could benefit from her friendship by learning how to talk to women. If you can't hold an interesting conversation you don't have much of a chance at ever getting a girlfriend.
its so annoying how women side with other women they don’t know. No way women could just be mean judgmental people, guess only men can be.

I tried to talk to them from first day we meet they just give mean faces and ignore me. It’s as simple as that nothing else to it. I’m a ugly worthless man and plenty of women don’t believe their time is to be wasted in such men. Much like some rich people won’t talk to what they consider the help. But you’d probably be like no poor person you must just did something to them.

FYI I’d never ignore someone talking to me no matter what I think of them in person.
Those women are just plain rude and mean that’s it.

I'm not siding with them because they're women, I'm siding with them because I know enough about you to know you have a distorted view of people and relationships. Therefore, I find it hard not to be skeptical whenever you go on about how everyone is mean and hates you.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 8:23 am

Masturbation is an excellent cure, indeed.

And it costs you nothing...there are not even any cleaning bills.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 9:46 am

sly279 wrote:
Also a romantic partner would probably be happy you get erections around them.

You definitely have a point there. :lol: :lol:

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 11:29 am

AnneOleson wrote:
Are you saying that you want to do that to every woman you meet, except the physically hideous ones?

I have a proposal for you: you answer the questions I asked you here, before someone I won’t name seized the chance to completely misrepresent my point and make me look like a child molester, and then I answer questions from you. Deal?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 11:47 am

Luhluhluh wrote:
So what do you guys do when you're speaking with a woman in the general public (like a woman in a service position) who you are physically attracted to? You avoid them?

Are you saying you're not capable of controlling your own hormones? Because if that's the case, maybe it's best that you do avoid others, because you will encounter others you find attractive every day, and you will have to deal with them on a somewhat professional basis.

I don't know what to tell you if you can't even do this one fairly simple thing: treat women like they're people and not an attractive collection of body parts.

Although you quoted AnneOleson’s post, I guess that goes for me, because it doesn’t make much sense addressed to her. I think I’ve already told you with your current nickname (and probably with others in the past, but that’s a different story) that I’m not interested in discussing anything with you anymore. The game of wasting my time trying uselessly to defend myself from someone who systematically ignores my point and twists everything I say to make it look like a misogynistic diatribe gets old really fast. Please leave me alone.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 1:10 pm

sly, just go with the flow.

It is very likely that she is just being friendly and feeling alone, she may want to make new friends with her new workmates.

Don’t put expectations or hope for anything, just be friendly with her too and hang out with her if she invites you.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 1:46 pm

It seems Cloudflare’s infinite captcha loop is back. I’ll try splitting my message into small chunks.

hurtloam wrote:
I don't think comments like this help the discussion. These guys need help. They don't understand what we mean when we say these things. To us it's obvious, but I think the Aspie brain needs clearer help grasping what "objectification" is. To them it's a vague feminist buzzword. They have no idea how it makes us women feel.

Amazing. Simply amazing. You realize you’ve come to those conclusions solely from my disclosure that I’m male, have a sex drive and am heterosexual, don’t you? I know logical consistency is seldom a priority to anyone in ordinary conversations, but the utter disregard for it people show when they “infer” things about you never ceases to astound me. So being a man and being sexually attracted to women is now officially a pathology whose unfortunate sufferers need help against? Oh, wait, I already know that can’t be the case: it’s only a pathology when it suits the interests of the one selectively invoking this absurd criterion which could never be applied universally. For example, I doubt such a person has a problem with the fact that her boyfriend is male, has a sex drive and is sexually attracted to her. Sex for me, but not for thee it is. I shudder to think what kind of unwanted and unsolicited “help” you have in mind for us. Castration?

Last edited by Spiderpig on 10 Sep 2018, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 1:47 pm

I wouldn’t say objectification is a feminist buzzword, because I consider myself a feminist and I like clear, buzzword-free language. That’s why I usually avoid words like objectification, which is used as a very vague buzzword and never defined, because its users aren’t interested in educating anyone; just in having a fully universal way to make their chosen opponents look bad regardless of what they do.

Do you even remember I was replying to you about the possibility of having opposite-sex friends? If a woman doesn’t like the way my sexual attraction to her makes her feel, she needn’t be my friend. In fact, if I have to walk on eggshells around her, she isn’t my friend. She’s free to stay away from this vile creature who has the temerity to be sexually attracted to her and be honest about it. She’s also free to instead think she’s friends with a man who pretends he’s not sexually attracted to her, waiting for a moment of weakness to pounce on her. It’s up to her, so no need to lecture men sanctimoniously on when and whom to be sexually attracted to.

hurtloam wrote:
Telling them just to avoid others is extreme and will just make them resent women more. We've got to find a way to meet in the middle rather than polarize each other more. They need help integrating.

I don’t need to avoid others; I let them, male and female alike, avoid me, and so far the success rate is 100%—I’ve never made any friends! So accidentally becoming my friend is the last peril you need to worry about in your life.

I already suggested a way to meet in the middle: you stop freaking out just because a man is sexually attracted to you.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 2:18 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
What's up with all this debate about if a guy can be friends with a girl he's attracted to? Some of my friends are attractive but I don't let that interfere with our friendship.

I don’t even like the idea that you have to be actively doing something not to let it interfere with your friendship. How can the premise “There are many things I’d like to do with you, so we can do at any time any subset of them you want, including all of them and none of them” interfere with a friendship? Do you mean it’s actually a bad thing for her to have such choice? If my relationship with her is so delicate that I must pretend I’m not sexually attracted to her so she won’t freak out, I don’t call that friendship. In my book, a friend is not someone you have to lie to.

RetroGamer87 wrote:
If I had a rule like, don't be friends with attractive girls I'd have a few less friends now.

Good for you.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 2:20 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
All this talk about how can you control your thoughts and sexual urges, etc, can't you guys get your minds out of the gutter? It's possible to notice that someone is attractive without thinking constantly about having sex with someone.

It’s not a matter of controlling your thoughts and sexual urges. You could say I’m already controlling them, because I don’t rape women, but I don’t feel like I’m controlling anything. I want to have willing sex with them. I want real intimacy and trust. You can’t have that with a woman who doesn’t want to have it with you.

The point at hand is that we’re being told that feeling the attraction at all in the first place is wrong and creepy, regardless of what we do. I refuse to accept that, so I won’t be friends with someone who demands it as a condition for their friendship.

Also, I refuse to see sex as “the gutter”. It doesn’t have to be dirty. It can be beautiful.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 3:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly, just go with the flow.

It is very likely that she is just being friendly and feeling alone, she may want to make new friends with her new workmates.

Don’t put expectations or hope for anything, just be friendly with her too and hang out with her if she invites you.

You win a prize for the most sensible post so far.

Quote:
It’s not a matter of controlling your thoughts and sexual urges. You could say I’m already controlling them, because I don’t rape women, but I don’t feel like I’m controlling anything. I want to have willing sex with them. I want real intimacy and trust. You can’t have that with a woman who doesn’t want to have it with you.

The point at hand is that we’re being told that feeling the attraction at all in the first place is wrong and creepy, regardless of what we do. I refuse to accept that, so I won’t be friends with someone who demands it as a condition for their friendship.

Also, I refuse to see sex as “the gutter”. It doesn’t have to be dirty. It can be beautiful.

I think some women just have trouble wrapping their head around the idea that some men, apparently, can't so much as talk to a woman without popping wood. I don't get it either, but I'm not a man, so I'm happy to just take men's word for it.

As for being friends with women, men aren't entitled to romantic relationships with women, and women aren't entitled to platonic friendships with men. If some guy just can't get over their burning desire for my hot bod, I wouldn't be offended if he elected not to spend time with me.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 3:29 pm

My goodness there's so many posts since last I looked it's difficult to respond.

I've never noticed any erections. The men I know hide it well if it really is this incredible difficult thing to control.

I can only think of one occasion where luckily for him there were scatter cushions nearby to hug and hide behind. The funny thing was the conversation we were having. He agreed with me on this thing no one ever agrees with me on. I'm always being told this thing is a flaw in my personality, which I was explaining to him and he told me that he was really impressed with my attitude. I was like really, this is that good, lol ok, as he grabbed a cushion. Although, this is the one who later friendzoned me.

I was attracted to him so it didn't bother me.

But apart from that I only ever notice men blushing around me or staring at me across the room.

My biggest issue is blushing so I can understand having a tell :oops:

Last edited by hurtloam on 10 Sep 2018, 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.