Lady at work keeps interrogating me 0.o

Page 1 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 11:38 pm

It’s happen twice now she comes up and asks me how I am then what I’m doing after work.
And this time she asked follow up questions about my dinner and said she’s having pizza.
Then a another girl started talking to her and went on about my work.

Is that how women make friends? Is she just bored maybe?

Edit she just drove by and offered me a ride
While I was waiting
I want to crawl into hole and die

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 12:10 am

But... but... I thought you wanted a girlfriend?
Or is she not your type?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 12:32 am

This sounds pretty normal. Some people are very much into asking questions to make conversation. It can feel like they are interrogating you, but it's just their way of bonding with other humans.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 12:58 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Or is she not your type?

She’s pretty, thin , owns a car, works full time. Why would she be interested in a ugly loser like me?
Now she knows I don’t drive. There bunch of better looking real men at my work.

She might have disability. I overheard her saying she can’t join military as they won’t take her. Even still far too good for me.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 3:10 am

Either you try to become much more self confident or you should start to skip all of your wishes of finding a girl friend. For me it sounds like if she likes you and expected to be invited to something better than a pizza by you. You sucked and you should learn from it. Sorry!

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 3:17 am

sly279 wrote:
MrsPeel wrote:
Or is she not your type?

She’s pretty, thin , owns a car, works full time. Why would she be interested in a ugly loser like me?

She might have disability. I overheard her saying she can’t join military as they won’t take her. Even still far too good for me.

Maybe she wants to be friends. Friends are good.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 3:18 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Either you try to become much more self confident or you should start to skip all of your wishes of finding a girl friend. For me it sound like if she likes you and expected to be invited to something better than a pizza by you. You sucked and you should learn from it. Sorry!

It just be the same, I get my hope up, girl says she doesn’t find me attractive or datable.
I hardly know her,mi doubt she’d want to go with strange man she barely knows from work at lat night. If I ask her out and she rejects me which she likely will it’ll be horrible for me at work. I’ve already had crushes in bunch of women from work over years and it always ends the same. She could have any guy she wants, she’s cute, pretty and successful

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 3:27 am

Skip your self-doubts and become much more self confident. Then the world and also the girls will be nicer to you.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 3:53 am

Even with all your valid reasons, you’re probable less undesirable than you think, at least before they hear you putting yourself down. Hint: I do get interrogated, but not in ways that suggest a woman would like to do those things with me.

Ironically, I’ve been offered a ride twice in two years, both times by women. One, my current boss—for some values of boss—is happily married, and the other is as good as happily married, but I managed to develop something that may or may not count as a huge, stupid crush on her when I still knew next to nothing about her, and she came to talk to me for a while, one fine afternoon when I stayed there for a few extra hours doing the last task I’d been assigned, simply because I felt like it. No, I didn’t expect anything in return for my unsolicited overtime, but I was severely reprimanded, so the chances for encounters like that came to a swift end.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 6:27 am

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
MrsPeel wrote:
Or is she not your type?

Maybe she wants to be friends. Friends are good.

This, possibly work friends, as in you're friendly at work, chat a bit, but rarely see each other outside of work.

This can sometimes build up to being proper friends. It's still good to do even if it stays as work friends. I have

work friends, it makes work more pleasant, particularly since I don't have any friends other than on WP.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 6:59 am

Some people are just naturally nice to other people. It's not necessarily that they're flirting or that they're interested in a romantic way, they're just polite and helpful.

This is basically a norm where I live. People are just polite and nice. If it appears someone needs help, they'll stop and ask if you need anything.

You seem to have a negative outlook on everything. Someone was nice to you and you took it negatively. That makes for an unfortunate self-fulfilling prophesy.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 8:45 am

The LAST thing you need is to get involved romantically with someone at your place of employment. Management, at a lot of businesses, take a very dim view of workplace romance: so much so that you risk termination. Only thing I suggest is give her, and anyone else who wants to engage you romantically “the brush-off.”

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 9:08 am

Meistersinger wrote:
The LAST thing you need is to get involved romantically with someone at your place of employment. Management, at a lot of businesses, take a very dim view of workplace romance: so much so that you risk termination. Only thing I suggest is give her, and anyone else who wants to engage you romantically “the brush-off.”

Yeah, except that you're assuming she was flirting. Some people assume that anyone who is friendly to them is flirting with them, and that's not always the case.

There's absolutely no harm in being casually friendly to co-workers. It makes work more fun and easier to get through.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 10:37 am

Don't you know that most men on this site would kill for that kind of attention? If you do find her attractive, I'd respond right away - right now if possible.

Even if you are unattractive, there's still plenty of couples where one partner is strikingly better looking than the other.

If you don't take the chance, even at the risk of failure, I don't see how you can carry on complaining about your inability to get a girlfriend.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 11:23 am

Uuummm....

That's called "making conversation," and it's pretty normal.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2018, 12:17 pm

Good grief! Someone desperate for a girlfriend gets approached twice by a woman who hints at spending time with him after work, and he's concerned about her motives, her looks, and whether or not he'll get in trouble?

:scratch: ... wassup widdat?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.