Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 3:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
lol Fnord, now they are accusing you that you're actually dating this woman.
I see that. Obviously they did not read the source article.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 4:06 pm

Here is another, slightly more reasonable set of Girlfriend's Rules to her boyfriend:

Quote:
1. Kissing, touching or any other form of intimate physical contact with another woman is cheating. Period.

2. Turn your damn phone off when we're out on a date.

3. Your ex-girlfriends are not eligible to be your BFF.

4. Man up and be nice to my parents.

5. "Date night" means we leave the house.

6. Buy me flowers on Valentine's Day.

7. Call me your girlfriend.

8. Put a little bit of effort into your date night outfits.

I'm not asking for a lot. I'm just asking you to help do your part to restore basic decency. Together, we can make dating great again!

Source: This Article.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 4:16 pm

Those rules are very reasonable for an NT female, I think.

I'd prefer date night to be at home and to receive flowers any time of the year except Valentine's.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 11:03 am

Jonathan Pokluda, a marriage counselor for young couples as they prepare for marriage, recently wrote about this list. His comments were:

I’ve had the opportunity to see clear patterns of what works in relationships and what ends terribly. I’ve seen how awful compromises of morals and logic are made when strong emotions get in the way. I’ve also seen how some individuals go about dating in a way that’s so controlling that no one can ever meet their “standards.”

Most singles are trying to answer the same question: “Who should I date?” But that’s the wrong question. The question you should ask is: “Who should I marry?”

Here is a list of of 10 things women should want a man they marry to be.

Submissive to authority. Rebellious guys might grab your heart for a moment. But for a long-term relationship, you want someone who will admit that he is not always right, and be willing to change when others point that out to him. Does he listen to others and yield to wisdom?

Honesty. Does he say what he means and do what he says? Does he go out of his way to speak with whole, complete and concentrated truth? Without honesty, you can’t trust what he says – including when he says “I do” and commits to you in marriage.

Kind. Is he nice to others around him? Don’t expect him to be consistently kind to you long-term if he is not kind to others.

Selfless. Does he think of your needs, and the needs of others, ahead of his own? Is he generous and willing to share his possessions and time with others? Husbands are called to love their wives selflessly and sacrificially.

Patient. Is he willing to wait for good things? Does he value you enough to wait for you? “Patient” is the very first word used to describe love in the famous “love chapter” of the Bible.

Courageous. Will he stand for what is right when it is difficult, embarrassing or unpopular? Will he stand up to protect you?

Gentle. Can he control his strength, and balance it with grace?

Diligent. A diligent person can be counted on to provide. Does he work hard?

Faithful. Consider his reputation closely. Anyone can fake the things on this list when trying to impress a woman. Does he have a reputation consistent with these character traits?