sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 11:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
314pe wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Less for women to improve on? err, this must be why there are so few products aimed at helping women to improve their appearance, sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm.

The only times I've heard complaints about poor style of a romantic partner, they were coming from women. If you are a guy, then you should definetly be careful about your appearance.

Then imagine women are even less inhibited in commenting other women appearances. It's not focused on dating, it's rather about general social acceptance - you should lose weight, make your hair, wear fashionable etc. just to be a valid member of the society.
Screw this!

When I didn’t have a car; a female friend *always* kept telling me in almost every outing “you should get a car”.

Even though she doesn’t drive nor has a car herself; she still doesn’t.

I’ve seen this a lot. I get told by women working the same job as me they if I ever want to be in a relationship I need to get a better job. Retail is fine for women but not for men.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 12:02 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
314pe wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Less for women to improve on? err, this must be why there are so few products aimed at helping women to improve their appearance, sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm.

The only times I've heard complaints about poor style of a romantic partner, they were coming from women. If you are a guy, then you should definetly be careful about your appearance.

Then imagine women are even less inhibited in commenting other women appearances. It's not focused on dating, it's rather about general social acceptance - you should lose weight, make your hair, wear fashionable etc. just to be a valid member of the society.
Screw this!

When I didn’t have a car; a female friend *always* kept telling me in almost every outing “you should get a car”.

Even though she doesn’t drive nor has a car herself; she still doesn’t.

I’ve seen this a lot. I get told by women working the same job as me they if I ever want to be in a relationship I need to get a better job. Retail is fine for women but not for men.

That only reflects the extent of the Hypergamous way of thinking in those women.

And how much they don’t really want equality, but rather they still see things in typical gender roles way.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 11:18 am

fluffysaurus wrote:
Marknis wrote:
There's a poster on another forum who I feel like is a future me. He's still single and struggling in life at 58. He believes he's going to continue wondering why women aren't attracted to him until he's being dumped into his grave as he puts it.

He ISN'T you.

I will say that unlike him I actually had a short-lived relationship and actually had sex while he said women never see him as more than just a friend and he's still a virgin.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 1:09 pm

Marknis wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Marknis wrote:
There's a poster on another forum who I feel like is a future me. He's still single and struggling in life at 58. He believes he's going to continue wondering why women aren't attracted to him until he's being dumped into his grave as he puts it.

He ISN'T you.

I will say that unlike him I actually had a short-lived relationship and actually had sex while he said women never see him as more than just a friend and he's still a virgin.

How did this short-lived one start? Maybe you need to do again what worked (at least partially) before.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 4:11 pm

Decent job/car/does not live with parents seems to be the minimum standard for most women (at least the ones I've met).

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Decent job/car/does not live with parents seems to be the minimum standard...
More like: "Job + Car + Owning or Renting Their Own Home". Otherwise, women would be marrying men who sell stuff from their cars on Skid Row.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2018, 6:30 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Decent job/car/does not live with parents seems to be the minimum standard for most women (at least the ones I've met).

Why’s that sexist when I say it but not when you say it 0.o

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 12:08 am

sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Why’s that sexist when I say it but not when you say it 0.o

Because you’re a cis male.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Oct 2018, 2:16 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Marknis wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Marknis wrote:

He ISN'T you.

How did this short-lived one start? Maybe you need to do again what worked (at least partially) before.

This is actually pretty good advice!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 3:48 pm

I'm completely against working on myself to attract potential partners. I don't want to be loved because how well I've adapted, how successful I am or how handsome I look. This "method" will only attract superficial girls and gold-diggers, and I don't need that type of potential partners or admirers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2018, 7:52 pm

rdos wrote:
I'm completely against working on myself to attract potential partners. I don't want to be loved because how well I've adapted, how successful I am or how handsome I look. This "method" will only attract superficial girls and gold-diggers, and I don't need that type of potential partners or admirers.
Congratulations! Misogyny now has a new, higher standard of behavior!

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Oct 2018, 1:33 am

Fnord wrote:
rdos wrote:

?
What was mysogynic about believing superficial atractiveness attracts mostly shallow people? It works the other way as well!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 1:42 am

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
rdos wrote:

?
What was mysogynic about believing superficial atractiveness attracts mostly shallow people? It works the other way as well!

....because he's a cis male.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 2:58 am

Fnord wrote:
rdos wrote:

I see no misogyny in not accepting that I have to change in order to please women.

Try to reverse the roles. Tell women that they must look beautiful to attract males and that when they work on their appearance, they don't do it for themselves, but to attract mates. I'm sure you will be attacked as a hater if you put it that way. So why do we expect men to work on themselves when it's hateful to assume women should do the same?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Oct 2018, 3:22 am

Oh, I actually believe you do need to work on yourself.
But by working on yourself I don't mean building a sexually attractive facade but I mean constant learning to make wiser choices, more healthy relationships with other people, etc. And it doesn't stop once you are in a relationship, even a stable and happy one.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2018, 3:50 am

rdos wrote:
Fnord wrote:
rdos wrote:

I see no misogyny in not accepting that I have to change in order to please women.

Try to reverse the roles. Tell women that they must look beautiful to attract males and that when they work on their appearance, they don't do it for themselves, but to attract mates. I'm sure you will be attacked as a hater if you put it that way. So why do we expect men to work on themselves when it's hateful to assume women should do the same?

Even when men breath is a misogyny.