Bigotry against involuntarily celibate men

Page 2 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 8:30 pm

AspE wrote:
No one objects to the celibacy part, just the involuntary part. No one else is to blame for your decision. No one owes you sex.
No one owes you sex but it is not your decision. It is a decision reached by mutual consensus. So yes, it can depend on factors entirely outside of your control.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 8:32 pm

xDominiel wrote:
It's a definition problem. The word means different things to different people.
I've seen that more than once, people who just are in a bad place and then get bullied relentlessly and torn to shreds for it by normal "good" people because they didn't know what using the word "incel" really implies to them.

When people talk crap about "incels", just assume they're referring to a strawman guilty of all this:
Quote:
Incels (a portmanteau of involuntary celibates) are members of an online subculture who define themselves as unable to find a romantic or sexual partner despite desiring one, a state they describe as inceldom. Self-identified incels are mostly white, male, and heterosexual. Discussions in incel forums are often characterized by resentment, misanthropy, self-pity, self-loathing, misogyny, racism, a sense of entitlement to sex, and the endorsement of violence against sexually active people. The Southern Poverty Law Center described the subculture as "part of the online male supremacist ecosystem" that is included in their list of hate groups. People who have either self-identified as incels or who had mentioned incel-related names and writings in their private writings or Internet postings have committed at least four mass murders in North America, resulting in forty-five deaths. Incel communities have been criticized by the media and researchers for being misogynist, encouraging violence, as well as spreading extremist views and radicalizing their members.

Speaking from experience with other groups where that was blatantly false, I have to wonder how accurate the "mostly white, male and straight" is. It's pretty silly how that's always presented as such a damning accusation.

Ay, there’s the rub! If r/incel on Reddit was still up you could take a look at all the abhorrent things they said. The irony lost on them was that they actually made it much harder for themselves to get laid.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 8:37 pm

Aspie19828 wrote:
MGTOW is a more positive alternative option to involuntary celibate. It is media, Hollywood and Western society that put a higher importance on sexual relationships. By being MGTOW you choose to be celibate by choice, you now have freedom and choose to be celibate.

Could it be that some of these MGTOWs are claiming to be celibate by choice while not really having any opportunities for casual or monogamous sex? For some it could be a cover for their involuntary celibacy. A way to save face.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 8:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
AspE wrote:
No one objects to the celibacy part, just the involuntary part. No one else is to blame for your decision. No one owes you sex.
No one owes you sex but it is not your decision. It is a decision reached by mutual consensus. So yes, it can depend on factors entirely outside of your control.

You don't know that everyone on Earth will refuse to have sex with you, so it doesn't even make sense.

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2018, 9:52 pm

I knew at 16 I had no chance with attracting females ever and I have not bothered asking women out. Why put in so much time and effort for no results? I have my hobbies and interests to occupy my time. I have freedom and choice to do what I want.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 9:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't like what "incel" means....that's all. I don't like the meaning that it has acquired.

I don't mind "involuntarily celibate." I was "involuntarily celibate" once.

That's my feeling.

Shouldn’t let a small minority decide what words mean that’s essential giving into their terrorism.
If a bunch of autistics went out and did mass killings would you stop calling yourself autistic? Don’t let violent people change meanings of words.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm

AspE wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
AspE wrote:

You don't know that everyone on Earth will refuse to have sex with you, so it doesn't even make sense.

Even if some lady hundreds of thousands miles way in China wholl you’ll never meet would maybe have sex with you doesn’t change your not choosing to have sex.

Go tell a starving person to shut up they aren’t owed food or water.
You’re secretly a republican when it comes to some issues.

News flash no one is owed anything at all. It’s not other petioles job to keep us alive.

magnetowasright
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Nov 2018, 7:45 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
AspE wrote:

I am so fed up with this whole "you think you're owed sex" bullsh!t. I'm sure there are individuals out there who hold the opinion they're owed sex, but that is not a license to make sweeping overgeneralizations extending to every man who struggles with loneliness and has the audacity to express a human emotional response to it. It also implies all we care about is sex for the sake of sex when it's much broader than that. It's about not having someone to share our lives with; to come home to after a stressful day and know we are not alone in the world. To be able to have children and start a family of our own.

I and people like me are upset because we are unable to obtain a fundamental human need, not because we believe we are being denied something that is owed to us.

Consider this: how about all the other people; the vast majority of our society for whom relationships and sex come naturally and often with minimal effort. Is it because they are owed sex?! Of course not! It's simply because they all have at least one thing about them that some find attractive, while people like me don't.

We're not angry at women because they won't sleep with us. We're sad, frustrated, and depressed because we are alone and unwanted and always will be.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 8:31 am

magnetowasright wrote:
We're not angry at women because they won't sleep with us. We're sad, frustrated, and depressed because we are alone and unwanted and always will be.

How do you know you "always will be"? Is it because contemporary mainstream society happens to place a disproportionate value on superficial charm (for both men and women), or for some other reason?

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 9:05 am

magnetowasright wrote:

Are you speaking up on behalf of lonely guys or a group of men who congregate online and identify as "incel"?
(or are you sitting on the fence?)
I hope you don't expose yourself to the self-defeating messages being promoted online, it's such a cop-out. If there is something that you sincerely want in life you have to gather your courage and give it your best shot.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 2:20 pm

"The curse of being male today under 30" (more or less speaking)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 3:07 pm

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 4:24 pm

Re: the video posted by hurtloam, documenting extreme anti-woman sentiments by some men in the "Incel" community:

At around 2:43, we are shown something which says:

Quote:
If you don't sleep with a woman within 15 minutes of meeting her, you're ugly.

That's how fast women f**k a guy they find sexually attractive. Women see males ONLY as sexual object or non-sexual objects.

What on Earth???

Later in the video: Brief glimpses of a bunch of stuff outright advocating rape (as "a totally natural thing") and slavery for all women, and calling for a violent "true rebellion" by Incels.

The video ends on some good notes, e.g. at approx. 6:50: "You're not a loser if you're an involuntary celibate. You're a loser if you make that the core of your identity and use it as an excuse to lash out at innocent people." The narrator recommends genuine support groups in place of the existing "Incel" community.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 5:52 pm

magnetowasright wrote:

You should realize that beeing sad, frustrated, depressed and negative makes you unattractive for women.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:26 pm

Whenever I criticize "incels," I'm specifically talking about the twats who want to throw acid in women's faces, and worship Elliot Rodgers. I refer to them this way because they call themselves "incels."

If you're just a lonely guy who doesn't fantasize about killing women, you are not an "incel." Seriously, come up with a new term. The label "incel" is tainted. Try "unlucky in love," or "romantically challenged."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2018, 6:29 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
magnetowasright wrote:

You should realize that beeing sad, frustrated, depressed and negative makes you unattractive for women.

No it doesn’t stop saying that stupid empty phrase women don’t have sadness radar they aren’t mind readers. Lots of depressed men have relationships and sex