"When you start dating, you're gonna have a hard time".

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 8:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Would you feel pressure to "make the first move?"

It depends really, usually I assume that the other person will not make the first move since most people think I'm straight. My orientation doesn't come up that much, generally speaking. Back when I was around fourteen, I made the first move in a relationship but that wasn't the move that started it. Well, if you can even call it a relationship, it barely even counts. I asked out a girl and she rejected me, which was fair enough, she told me that she didn't swing that way so we agreed to remain friends. However, the story didn't end there. A few days later much to my surprise she asked me out, apparently she'd been thinking about it and came to the conclusion that she might have feelings for me after all. We decided to start dating, however we couldn't show it much since I was in the closet and she didn't want people to know she was questioning.

Our relationship was short-lived, as she broke up with me three days later. She told me that she had realised from this experience that she was straight after all.

Although, as you may have guessed, the story doesn't end there either. We went back to being friends, although we didn't even kiss or anything so it wasn't really much of a relationship but I digress, and things went back to normal. Until she decided to ask me for help with finding out if a guy she liked happened to like her back, that was kind of weird but I mean, sure, we were friends again I could do that no problem, but it turned out that the guy didn't like her back.

Then we agreed to never bring up this supposed relationship in conversation, and we hung out as friends as we usually did. However, one day I was staying over at her house and she almost kissed me out of nowhere but there were footsteps outside the door so we didn't. That sure was one confusing day, up until then I'd thought she wasn't interested, but then suddenly she tries to kiss me? What the...why? :? I decided to pretend that moment didn't happen, and we just talked as if nothing was different but there was this weird feeling in the air that seemed to linger but neither of us wanted to address it.

We were hanging out with a few other people and watching a movie one day, when people laughed as they noticed that we were copying each other's body language. The level of awkward in this situation was well...yeah. 8O *Cringes*.

....And that's why I don't usually bring this situation up if people ask me if I've ever dated someone/what crushes I've had. :lol: 8O

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2018, 8:14 pm

Aspie19828 wrote:
All the popular kids at my school had girl friends/boy friends at 13 or 14. Majority of kids had been in a relationship by 16. Reaching the age of 16 and never had a girl friend I knew it was all over for me and I accepted my fate of being forever alone. Unattractive, introverted guys with a lack of social skills are not wanted.

Most of the people I know these days didn't really start properly dating until their late teens to early 20's, although during school I did know plenty of on and off again relationships (they never really lasted, and some were downright abusive), coupled with the occasional teen pregnancy. Then again, I am part of a rather nerdy social group...I know a few people that are in their 20's and haven't had a relationship (including close friends of mine of varying orientations, primarily straight but some aren't).

My sister didn't start dating until her 20's, but she's had relationships.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 4:15 am

Maybe your friend thinks you’re ugly.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 11:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Eh, I'm alright looking.

https://imgur.com/mNRxETz

https://imgur.com/2fKbGbx

...Also yes, my skin really is that pale...and no, I'm not a vampire. :D ...Or am I? *Dramatic music plays*. :lol:

Last edited by Lost_dragon on 31 Oct 2018, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 11:40 am

I think you're an attractive person.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

31 Oct 2018, 11:58 am

I wouldn't worry too much. I've gone out with some pretty odd people so it's not like it's a big deal that you have some odd things about you. You don't need to get physical with someone when you've started dating, could be i've gone out with many quite careful men or they have acted on the vibe i've sent out but i've gone on many dates without even recieveing a hug at the end of it but after 1 or 2 dates more they usually carefully ask if a hug is fine lol. I'm not a fan of physical contact either and I think that's obvious to the people I meet but for me I enjoy physical contact with someone I have romantic feelings and attraction towards but that is far from everyone i've gone on dates with. I'm picky, lol.
As for the chewing bit you don't have to go eating, I hate eating on first or even second dates because i'm too nervous to eat, there are plenty other things you can do such as just having coffee/tea/hot chocolate, going for a walk or some other activity. When you get to know each other better and want to keep seeing each other you can tell your date about the things you find difficult, hopefully if they're a decent person they'll understand.
Dating doesn't have to be hard just find the best way for you to be comfortable on the date!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 12:27 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Eh, I'm alright looking.

...Also yes, my skin really is that pale...and no, I'm not a vampire. :D ...Or am I? *Dramatic music plays*. :lol:

You look so.... British.

Scipio
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2018, 12:28 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Scipio wrote:
You are fortunate in the fact that you are a female which means that you are not necessarily expected to make the first approach or even to initiate any of the first moves after that. I don't mean this to tell you that you don't have to do anything, only to say that you don't necessarily have to feel like there is a great deal of pressure on you to perform or have all your conversation lines and logistics on point. If you take care of your health and physical appearance, practice good hygiene, stay polite and kindhearted, and don't be a complete shut-in so that interested guys can actually see you and know that you exist, there is a good chance that you will be approached by an interested guy and all you really have to do then (assuming you are interested) is go along for the ride and not be too relentless with the sh*t tests (I did not want to write a curse word but this is the most common term used to express this concept) so as not to drive away any potential suitor.

I'm gay.

Didn't know that. In that case, I don't know. I've never had any experience with gay relationships. Best to ask another gay woman who has managed the kind of dating/romantic life that you want to have because she clearly has some idea of how to do it.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 1:41 pm

Quote:
"When you start dating, you're gonna have a hard time".

Of course you will; everybody has a hard time learning to date.
Just learn to be the kind of open, honest, compassionate, and loving person you would be interested in dating, and you might find that the rest of it takes care of itself.

Don't worry; you'll be fine.

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."
Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2018, 1:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Eh, I'm alright looking.

You look so.... British.

Why yes, for I am a British vam... human woman. :lol: 8)

One of my favourite vampire related animations, I can only aspire, practice, and work hard to be this good one day. ^

kraftiekortie wrote:

Thank you, Kraftie. :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2018, 4:33 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Eh, I'm alright looking.

You look so.... British.

One of my favourite vampire related animations, I can only aspire, practice, and work hard to be this good one day. ^

kraftiekortie wrote:

I am not into biting. :|

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 3:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Eh, I'm alright looking.

You look so.... British.

kraftiekortie wrote:

I am not into biting. :|

I know that this is an old thread, and it may seem like I'm spamming because I'm only replying to this now but...sometimes I think about this thread randomly and I feel like I should probably clarify something. When I was on about aspiring to be like this, I wasn't on about being like the vampire...what I meant was that I want to be that good at animation someday. :lol:

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 4:27 pm

I saw your pic. You remind me of a Swedish friend of mine. :heart: