Is a man with long hair unattractive ?

Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:19 pm

Honestly I feel really sorry for everyone who dropped in to tell me how lousy I look; to think what they must be imposing upon themselves!

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:23 pm

Nobody said you looked lousy......

I've seen a picture of you. You look all right.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:27 pm

cberg wrote:
Honestly I feel really sorry for everyone who dropped in to tell me how lousy I look; to think what they must be imposing upon themselves!

Literally no one is going after you, people are answering the question that was asked.

Looks don't matter but that doesn't mean they don't exist. No one has to find you attractive, they don't owe it to you.

I don't expect anyone to find me attractive, I can only wear one outfit, can't wear make up, and have some trouble with self care. But guess what, it doesn't matter because nearly everything else is more important.

Taking this entire thread so personally makes you seem vain, and no one likes vanity.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:31 pm

Well this would be impersonal if it weren't about guys such as myself. Of course no one is going after me, I'm just some longhair weirdo.

It's not a yes or no question, it's a subjective one.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:34 pm

Arganger wrote:
Looks don't matter but that doesn't mean they don't exist. No one has to find you attractive, they don't owe it to you.

I've heard this all before; that if guys stick up for ourselves regarding our looks that we must be entitled narcissists. You are not entitled to making others feel repulsive unless you count freedom of speech, which I do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:35 pm

cberg wrote:

you look MAHVELOUS! :afro:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:35 pm

This thread is depressing, bye.

Prudolph
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Nov 2018, 9:40 pm

It depends. Is the hair greasy? Unkempt? Dirty? Messy? Split ends? A style that doesn't suit that specific person? Yeah, definitely will look bad then.

But if the hair is kept clean, soft, styled appropriately, suits the person etc. then there is no reason why a man can't look good with longer hair.

But just remember that you could have the best long hair of any man going. Some women/men still just really don't like long hair on a man, so you will still always come across as unattractive to these people.

AQ-49 of 50
EQ-7 of 60
RDOS:
Neurodiverse (Aspie) score is 183 of 200.
Neurotypical (Non-autistic) score is 31 of 200

INTJ-T Personality type

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 9:43 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cberg wrote:

Lol in that case I might as well just say I look the way I look & even I deal with it somehow :jester:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 10:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you write songs, Sabbra?

I do. It's been a few months since the last one, though. It usually takes me a long time to finish songs...I really need to practice TM more often and just knock out a handful at a time.

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2018, 10:39 pm

It'll really depend on the person.

I had longer hair at one point, apparently, it was attractive (though I remain skeptical)

I prefer it short because it's easier to take care of, can generally just wash and go. Long hair also bothers me in a physical sensation.

stevens2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2018, 10:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I was rejected, many times, in favor of men with long hair and guitars. I don't feel bitter about it. It's just the way it happened.

:mrgreen: I swear it wasn't me. Years ago, before it gradually became ridiculous due to "age" and the beginning of thinning hair, I had hair down to my lower back. I really liked it. Never had any downside that I could see.

However, attracting women wasn't one of the features that resulted. I think the Aspergers overpowered the other effects, as it does in most cases. Now, what I think we really need are "Aspie Groupies." And yes, women could have them too...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 10:58 pm

cberg wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
cberg wrote:

Lol in that case I might as well just say I look the way I look & even I deal with it somehow :jester:

your hair is perfect just the way it is, you are in the springtime of your years. your blondness deserves to have more fun. :bounce:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2018, 11:42 pm

I find long-haired guys to be very attractive.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 4:15 am

My boyfriend has long hair. I tend to like long haired guys more than short haired ones.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2018, 4:20 am

I've always found brutally short hair [like in the American military] to be unattractive. other nations' militaries don't insist on such short hair for their servicemembers, America for a while was going in the same direction until Ronnie Raygun reversed this.