Page 57 of 74 [ 1170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 74  Next

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:31 am

ironpony wrote:
What I don't understand is though is why do women feel they need to protect each other from beta males. What about a beta male is threatening or unsafe that calls for protection?

Protection implies danger, and being just simply undesirable is not the same.
From an evolutionary perspective, a man with bad genes is as bad, if not worse, as a violent man. Hence the nice guy/jerk dichotomy. It sounds illogical, but nature is like that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 6:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
The only valid advice incels can give is:

... and ...

:D

You make a number of good points there. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 6:41 pm

ironpony wrote:
What I don't understand is though is why do women feel they need to protect each other from beta males. What about a beta male is threatening or unsafe that calls for protection?

99.9% of beta males are completely safe. If you want to get a glimpse of what women think of beta males listen to lyrics of the song "Scrubs" by the all girl group TLC.

It;s not the lyrics, it's the emotion expressed in the song toward beta-males that's interesting - basically "ewwww"

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 8:11 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
ironpony wrote:

From an evolutionary perspective, a man with bad genes is as bad, if not worse, as a violent man. Hence the nice guy/jerk dichotomy. It sounds illogical, but nature is like that.

Sorry I am kind of lost, or it seems kind of contradictory. Could you elaborate?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 8:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
It;s not the lyrics, it's the emotion expressed in the song toward beta-males that's interesting - basically "ewwww"
Precisely! The vicious hate women express toward beta males in that song is out of this world!

ironpony wrote:
Sorry I am kind of lost, or it seems kind of contradictory. Could you elaborate?
A violent man is, well... violent; but women often tell themselves: "It'll be different with me. He'll be loving and protective to me, and violent only to other people." Well, that doesn't always come true. At the same time, a nice guy with bad genes is incapable of being protective in any capacity, because his genes are bad and his strength is lacking. So women don't feel safe with him. That's why women usually prefer a violent/abusive man over a nice guy.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:45 pm

Oh I see. But just because a guy asks his female friends on dating advice and on how to get women, that doesn't automatically make him a beta, does it? Couldn't he just be an alpha who still takes charge, but doesn't know what to do in attracting women still?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 4:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
I kind of understand your frustration (I have been though it) but (and there's always a but) whatever we do we are subject to demand and supply, If there is a ready supply of men then competition is going to be tough, The effort you want to put in is always going to be a function of the experience you have had. I get it.

It's not necessarily my frustration, but my understanding that individuals have different experiences in life, and attacking a large group of people seems like flat out discrimination.

I've mentioned MGTOW which (to me) seems like men who went through terrible divorces. They had the lovely wife, the kids, the nice house, the good job, and everything seemed fine, until she filed for divorce.

It takes two to tango. Some of these men may have been abusive jerks who deserved the divorce papers. Some may have been blind-sided by a greedy wife. And a lot are 50/50 husband-wife problems. Point I'm getting at is that while this may not be MY personal frustration, I don't believe in one-size-fits-all demonization of a collective group of people.

That's what I see in this thread. A broad brush, a giant stroke. Aspies have been subjected to the same nonsense elsewhere, so it's strange seeing Aspies oblivious to their own hypocrisy on this subject. I'm dismayed, and I don't like what I see. Shame on my fellow Aspies for their poor ToM problems. They've learned nothing...

(I gave the example of sympathy for the additional burdens of the LEFT handed individuals, even though I'm RIGHT-handed and never experienced those burdens and didn't think about them when I was younger. It's not my personal problem, but I recognize the problem is real for some. I refuse to jump on the "demonize them all" bandwagon.)

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 5:28 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh I see. But just because a guy asks his female friends on dating advice and on how to get women, that doesn't automatically make him a beta, does it? Couldn't he just be an alpha who still takes charge, but doesn't know what to do in attracting women still?
Sort of. By and large, alpha males naturally know how to attract women since day puberty kicks in, much like NTs naturally know how to make friends since birth. Alpha males simply don't need to ask for dating advice. It's permissible, although discouraged, to ask a female friend for advice about a specific woman that friend knows. But asking for general advice on "finding a girlfriend" and such is a HUGE no-no. That's supposed to come from his own mind, or failing that, outside sources. If he has to ask, that very much makes him a beta male.

Having platonic female friends is a gray area in itself. The Red Pill discourages it, but generally permits it as long as the friendship is on the man's accord. Some Red Pill'ed men, like myself, have platonic female friends, and they've defended their actions on the blogs.

Terms "alpha" and "beta" apply to sexual desirability, not leadership. A beta male could be a good leader, but still fail miserably in meeting women, and only find a wife due to dumb luck or her latching on to his stable life. Joe Biden and Mark Zuckerberg are both betas through and through. Just look at them!

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

Last edited by Aspie1 on 22 Sep 2021, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 6:14 am

Biden is a “alpha.”

He had some of the “jerk” characteristics when he was younger, it seems to me. And he married a pretty doctor.

I don’t believe in this crap…but Biden fills the “alpha” bill according to those who believe in that crap.

Obama is a pure “alpha.”

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 7:47 am

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a ... ex-incels/

This expresses my view of incels. Dangerous delusional Jackwagons who think they are owed sex and have killed women to vent their frustrations. They speak of wanting a redistribution of sex meaning they want the government to round up women for them to rape.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 8:13 am

Axeman wrote:
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a20138446/redistribution-sex-incels/

This expresses my view of incels.  Dangerous delusional Jackwagons who think they are owed sex and have killed women to vent their frustrations.  They speak of wanting a redistribution of sex meaning they want the government to round up women for them to rape.
Moira states every point correctly.  Thank you for sharing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:04 am

Aspie1 wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Sort of. By and large, alpha males naturally know how to attract women since day puberty kicks in, much like NTs naturally know how to make friends since birth. Alpha males simply don't need to ask for dating advice. It's permissible, although discouraged, to ask a female friend for advice about a specific woman that friend knows. But asking for general advice on "finding a girlfriend" and such is a HUGE no-no. That's supposed to come from his own mind, or failing that, outside sources. If he has to ask, that very much makes him a beta male.

Having platonic female friends is a gray area in itself. The Red Pill discourages it, but generally permits it as long as the friendship is on the man's accord. Some Red Pill'ed men, like myself, have platonic female friends, and they've defended their actions on the blogs.

Terms "alpha" and "beta" apply to sexual desirability, not leadership. A beta male could be a good leader, but still fail miserably in meeting women, and only find a wife due to dumb luck or her latching on to his stable life. Joe Biden and Mark Zuckerberg are both betas through and through. Just look at them!

But I used to be an incel though and therefore not Alpha right? But I read books on how to get women such as Double Your Dating and The Mystery Method.

these books help me a lot and I was able to get a lot more dates and sex because of them after practicing for a while. So wouldn't I there for being a beta since I had to practice?

but since the practice has paid off, does that mean other betas can do it too and you don't need to know from the start how to attract women like an alpha does?

Wouldn't books like that give betas a hope if it worked for me?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:37 pm

I don't bother with those types of books.

I learned how to use my "alpha" and "beta" characteristics to good effect.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 3:16 pm

ironpony wrote:
But I used to be an incel though and therefore not Alpha right? But I read books on how to get women such as Double Your Dating and The Mystery Method.

these books help me a lot and I was able to get a lot more dates and sex because of them after practicing for a while. So wouldn't I there for being a beta since I had to practice?

but since the practice has paid off, does that mean other betas can do it too and you don't need to know from the start how to attract women like an alpha does?

Wouldn't books like that give betas a hope if it worked for me?

I wouldn't worry about it. The whole alpha beta thing is all bullsh!t anyways.

Just keep improving yourself. According to you, it seems to have helped.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 5:53 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it. The whole alpha beta thing is all bullsh!t anyways.

In NT society it isn't.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 5:59 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
I've mentioned MGTOW which (to me) seems like men who went through terrible divorces. They had the lovely wife, the kids, the nice house, the good job, and everything seemed fine, until she filed for divorce.

It takes two to tango. Some of these men may have been abusive jerks who deserved the divorce papers. Some may have been blind-sided by a greedy wife. And a lot are 50/50 husband-wife problems. Point I'm getting at is that while this may not be MY personal frustration, I don't believe in one-size-fits-all demonization of a collective group of people.

That's what I see in this thread. A broad brush, a giant stroke. Aspies have been subjected to the same nonsense elsewhere, so it's strange seeing Aspies oblivious to their own hypocrisy on this subject. I'm dismayed, and I don't like what I see. Shame on my fellow Aspies for their poor ToM problems. They've learned nothing...

There is some element of truth in what you are saying but but you are conflating two different issues with MGTOW and incels.

The question of whether we lend credence to the labels is irrelevant, they have entered popular culture and the incel community isn't going away, infact all signs suggest their popularity is growing
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... eat-canada