Page 64 of 74 [ 1170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67 ... 74  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 3:57 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
And for a lot of dumb as*holes it does seem like it is all about pulling chicks but just never planning to do anything more than a one night stand with them.

There's lots of NT females who also do one night stands.

Well yes and some women like to do those, but it helps if one knows that is what it is, and isn't tricked into thinking it will be more than that by some as*hole.

LIke jeeze it was real romantic when a guy who swore he'd take care of things for the night sent me out at 5 in the morning to go catch a bus home after he implied I could go home and like presumably sleep at their place for a bit...so yeah I was pretty suprised when it got early in the morning they threw me out and were like 'ok good night' when like that meant I was trapped downtown with no way home for at at least an hour after getting locked out of their place because they opened the door said 'there you go' and immeadiatly went back in and locked the door. For sure that felt sh***y after wasting half the night talking to the dude who just turned out to be a dumb douchbag jsut leading me on just so he could throw me out after talking up how he'd take care of me, and it was all good cause he could get me a ride home in the morning...all so he could just kick me out at 5 in the morning and wish me a good morning as if he didn't remember inviting me over and I could stay till the morning and he'd actually help with the bus in the morning. Nah, as soon as he felt like getting into bed he just made me feel akward till he said like 'oh yeah you can't stay here' It was like oh thanks for making me walk all the way out of the bus route for a promise you'd help me get home and then just kicked me out after I got no sleep...real cool. I am glad you got sleep and were able to just tell me 'by the way f**k you get out of my house' like why did you invite me anyways if you're just a piece of s**t.

I bet he was cheating on his partner who was coming back from some trip hence why he has to kick you out early. It's the only reason I can think of why anybody would kick out someone bedded with that early in the morning.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 5:30 am

Fnord wrote:
Axeman wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Check out Maslows heirarchy of needs. Food and shelter and an ability to sustain some level of power are primary drivers for men. Women come maybe 4th on that list.

Reproduction is one of the physiological needs at the very base of the pyramid. Again, without even realizing it, you prove my point.
No it isn't. The reproductive system is the only body system unnecessary for the survival of the individual organism.
Agreed.  An individual does not need sex to survive -- air, food, water and a moderate range of temperature are the basic necessities.  Sex is essential only for survival of a species, and an individual will not die of it does not have sex -- although some incels may think that life is not worth living without someone to rape.

To Axeman and Fnord: I fully agree with both of you; sex/reproduction is not required for basic survival of an individual organism. And I never said or claimed anything to the contrary. Please don't misportray what I've said or the topic at hand.

I was directed by cyberdad to "check out Maslows (sic) hierarchy of needs." According to Manslow's hierarchy of needs, sex is indeed one of the baseline, bottom-of-the-pyramid physiological needs. Even above interpersonal relationships of any sort. Point is, a sex-drive most certainly trumps bloodlust for honor or valor or national identity in a hierarchy of needs, and sex is more of a primal drive than "some level of power," as cyberdad put it, whatever that even means.

Please do some research before going off on a bizarre trajectory or telling me a statement I made about something I actually researched is incorrect; please don't rely on your faulty 'memories from college psych courses' when the Internet is at your fingertips; (unless we're going to claim Wikipedia is totally unreliable 100% of the time). It was not a question of whether or not sex is a requirement for survival (it's not). Rather, it was an examination of Manslow's Hierarchy of Needs. And what I said is indeed true in that regard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27 ... y_of_needs
Pyramid Base: Physiological
Among the attributes: sex

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 5:38 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Axeman wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Check out Maslows heirarchy of needs. Food and shelter and an ability to sustain some level of power are primary drivers for men. Women come maybe 4th on that list.

Reproduction is one of the physiological needs at the very base of the pyramid. Again, without even realizing it, you prove my point.
No it isn't. The reproductive system is the only body system unnecessary for the survival of the individual organism.
Agreed.  An individual does not need sex to survive -- air, food, water and a moderate range of temperature are the basic necessities.  Sex is essential only for survival of a species, and an individual will not die of it does not have sex -- although some incels may think that life is not worth living without someone to rape.

To Axeman and Fnord: I fully agree with both of you; sex/reproduction is not required for basic survival of an individual organism. And I never said or claimed anything to the contrary. Please don't misportray what I've said or the topic at hand.

I was directed by cyberdad to "check out Maslows (sic) hierarchy of needs." According to Manslow's hierarchy of needs, sex is indeed one of the baseline, bottom-of-the-pyramid physiological needs. Even above interpersonal relationships of any sort. Point is, a sex-drive most certainly trumps bloodlust for honor or valor or national identity in a hierarchy of needs, and sex is more of a primal drive than "some level of power," as cyberdad put it, whatever that even means.

Please do some research before going off on a bizarre trajectory or telling me a statement I made about something I actually researched is incorrect; please don't rely on your faulty 'memories from college psych courses' when the Internet is at your fingertips; (unless we're going to claim Wikipedia is totally unreliable 100% of the time). It was not a question of whether or not sex is a requirement for survival (it's not). Rather, it was an examination of Manslow's Hierarchy of Needs. And what I said is indeed true in that regard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27 ... y_of_needs
Pyramid Base: Physiological
Among the attributes: sex

OUCH!
You go gurl. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:04 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

Well, after a brief reading, I can say it is one theory. :mrgreen:

It seems to be heavily relevant to an NT mindset/physiology/neurology/goal-orientation, not an autistic one.
I felt the same about Nietzche's philosophies.

Interesting reading, though. 8)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:22 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Axeman wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
To Axeman and Fnord: I fully agree with both of you; sex/reproduction is not required for basic survival of an individual organism. And I never said or claimed anything to the contrary. Please don't misportray what I've said or the topic at hand...
I never did.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:35 am

I like Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs" theory. I feel like it's applicable to many situations.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I like Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs" theory. I feel like it's applicable to many situations.
Like all soft-science "theories", it is in need of updates and revisions.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:39 am

Like any "hard science" theory, it is in need of "updates and revisions."

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

*cough* Herzberg's Motivation Theory *cough*

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 5:38 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
And for a lot of dumb as*holes it does seem like it is all about pulling chicks but just never planning to do anything more than a one night stand with them.

There's lots of NT females who also do one night stands.

Well yes and some women like to do those, but it helps if one knows that is what it is, and isn't tricked into thinking it will be more than that by some as*hole.

LIke jeeze it was real romantic when a guy who swore he'd take care of things for the night sent me out at 5 in the morning to go catch a bus home after he implied I could go home and like presumably sleep at their place for a bit...so yeah I was pretty suprised when it got early in the morning they threw me out and were like 'ok good night' when like that meant I was trapped downtown with no way home for at at least an hour after getting locked out of their place because they opened the door said 'there you go' and immeadiatly went back in and locked the door. For sure that felt sh***y after wasting half the night talking to the dude who just turned out to be a dumb douchbag jsut leading me on just so he could throw me out after talking up how he'd take care of me, and it was all good cause he could get me a ride home in the morning...all so he could just kick me out at 5 in the morning and wish me a good morning as if he didn't remember inviting me over and I could stay till the morning and he'd actually help with the bus in the morning. Nah, as soon as he felt like getting into bed he just made me feel akward till he said like 'oh yeah you can't stay here' It was like oh thanks for making me walk all the way out of the bus route for a promise you'd help me get home and then just kicked me out after I got no sleep...real cool. I am glad you got sleep and were able to just tell me 'by the way f**k you get out of my house' like why did you invite me anyways if you're just a piece of s**t.

I bet he was cheating on his partner who was coming back from some trip hence why he has to kick you out early. It's the only reason I can think of why anybody would kick out someone bedded with that early in the morning.

Well we didn't end up doing anything sexual, just talked and hung out listening to music. So I have kind of assumed maybe he was just bothered we didn't have sex...but could be they had a partner they meant to cheat on and didn't want to be caught. To be fair he wasn't uncivil about having me leave and I didn't actually say anything confrontational to them(that is just how I felt about it after the fact at the time I did just leave, and just had an annoying/potentially risky wait for the bus because there are certainly shady people out in the early hours).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:01 am

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Actually Malsow's heirarchy of needs has been through quite a lot of revision. But its still a convenient marker

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:05 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
[

It's a physiological need/driver for men but there are lots of men who can happily live without sex. The level of importance one chooses to place on obtaining sex (and how they obtain it or substitute for it) is subjective.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 5:09 am

A positive view of in-cells

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 6:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Are you an NT? <sic>
If not, we will have to agree to disagree, using an autistic context. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 8:28 pm

I'm guessing when it comes to incel men, that they do not talk about their problems a lot with friends or in social situations, and this probably isn't helping people see things from their perspective more I am guessing?

Last edited by ironpony on 01 Oct 2021, 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 8:29 pm

ironpony wrote:
I'm guessing when it comes to incel men, that they do not talk about their problems a lot with friends or in social situations, and this probably isn't helping people see things there way I am guessing?

they likely learned from hard and brutal experience not to mention it to outsiders.