Would you date a girl who wears men’s band tees?

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2018, 2:45 am

Not a thing that would even register for me. Besides, the whole "boyfriend shirt" thing is hot.

Nametobedecided
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Dec 2018, 6:13 pm

I don't think I would date a girl who doesn't have a good taste in music.

Boatfriend_
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2018, 3:04 am

Depends on the band :?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 3:22 am

Huh?

If a hot chick were wearing a T shirt advertising my favorite band would I be turned off by her if the T shirt were a for men size T shirt?

Of course not. The shirt might look a bit large on you, but it wouldn't look transgender.

Presumably you would be wearing it with jeans, and would already look casual anyway.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 4:50 am

I wouldn't "date" a woman who wore mens' band t-shirts - or any other t-shirts, for men or women. T-shirts are underwear, to be worn underneath proper, buttoned shirts. I have hardly more respect for people who wander about the city wearing t-shirts (whatever their sex) than I would for people who do the same in pyjamas.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 7:51 am

T-shirts were originally underwear, yes...but their purpose has expanded over the decades.

Not too many people look askance at people wearing all but the most blatant undershirts.

Band t-shirts are usually not used as undershirts.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 8:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
T-shirts were originally underwear, yes...but their purpose has expanded over the decades.

Not too many people look askance at people wearing all but the most blatant undershirts.

Their purpose has extended in practical terms, but only, as far as I can see, to accommodate those who see fastening half a dozen buttons as "uncomfortable" - lazy people, in other words.

Wearing t-shirts as one's outermost layer of clothing screams an apathetic lack of concern for one's appearance, except when there's a utilitarian reason for it (for going to the gym, doing the gardening, etc.) When they also have tacky rock band logos printed on them, it screams "attention seeker" to boot.

My generation just doesn't seem to understand that the key to dressing well is subtlety; when you have to reveal everything about yourself on a t-shirt, before the other person has even met you, it's the ultimate proof that, nine times out of ten, your personality is hollow and you probably aren't worth getting to know.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 9:06 am

I like well-dressed people. I think being well-dressed provides one with a better presentation than otherwise.

I dress fairly well myself----but rarely in a jacket and tie. More like button-down/polo shirts and chinos.

I don't agree that everyone who wears, say, only a t-shirt and shorts in the summer "lacks subtlety," or is hollow and superficial. Especially when they only wear this sort of attire outside of relatively formal situations.

It's mostly a matter of "taste," really.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 9:41 am

Most bands don't sell enough T shirts to offer T shirts in women's cuts. Many only offer large men's sizes.

Abba and Taylor Swift do offer women's T shirts but most bands can only dream about that sort of commercial success.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 10:50 pm

I see too many people, men and women alike, dress as absolute slobs when going out in public, even to nice places. People don't have to dress fancy all the time, just decently. I feel better when I wear a dress when going out to an event.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2018, 12:17 am

I'm surprised bands still make tShirts. I thought hoodies were what's popular now & replaced band tShirts.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 1:49 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I wouldn't "date" a woman who wore mens' band t-shirts - or any other t-shirts, for men or women. T-shirts are underwear, to be worn underneath proper, buttoned shirts. I have hardly more respect for people who wander about the city wearing t-shirts (whatever their sex) than I would for people who do the same in pyjamas.

Coming from someone who is very fashion oriented I can reassure you that not all tees are tacky....

I managed to make both of those look stylish

OrdinaryCitizen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2018, 2:49 pm

In today's society women lost all feminine qualities they dress pants instead of dresses and in general dress like man or feminist lesbians.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 3:00 pm

OrdinaryCitizen wrote:
In today's society women lost all feminine qualities they dress pants instead of dresses and in general dress like man or feminist lesbians.

Wait....you mean they lost boobs and vaginas? :duh:

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 19 Dec 2018, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2018, 3:00 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Their purpose has extended in practical terms, but only, as far as I can see, to accommodate those who see fastening half a dozen buttons as "uncomfortable" - lazy people, in other words.

Wearing t-shirts as one's outermost layer of clothing screams an apathetic lack of concern for one's appearance, except when there's a utilitarian reason for it (for going to the gym, doing the gardening, etc.) When they also have tacky rock band logos printed on them, it screams "attention seeker" to boot.

My generation just doesn't seem to understand that the key to dressing well is subtlety; when you have to reveal everything about yourself on a t-shirt, before the other person has even met you, it's the ultimate proof that, nine times out of ten, your personality is hollow and you probably aren't worth getting to know.

If you judge people so harshly just for wearing t-shirts, than perhaps it is you with the hollow personality. Also, usually if someone has a band on their shirt its because they really enjoy that band, they may have even gotten it at a concert. If that earns a little attention from another fan of that band...who the hell cares?