What are your superficial/physical deal-breakers?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 2:16 am

Do you have superficial or physical deal-breakers that some people might consider shallow? What are they?

Not referring to things like bad hygiene or anything that is pretty much universally undesirable.

Like for me, I couldn't date a girl with short hair or who was noticably fatter than me (I'm trying to lose weight myself). I think facial tattoos and excessive piercings would make things difficult too. I wouldn't want to date a girl who's had a breast/butt job, or who's had excessive plastic surgery either. I'd rather a 'flat chest' than something fake.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 2:18 am

I don't like guys who are too skinny, have long hair, or look too young or effeminate.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 12:00 pm

People with a constant frown on their faces or an angry demeanor

Visible tattoos and piercings

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2018, 1:07 pm

My general rule of thumb is the woman's stomach should not be bigger than her breasts. Otherwise I'm fairly open-minded.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Nov 2018, 2:44 pm

I really don't think I have any, I was very accepting when I was single because I have more than my fair share of faults & almost noone was willing to give me half a chance. The only one I can think of that might could be listed in this thread is that I did not want someone who was much older(like a couple years)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 2:55 pm

Tattoos or too much make-up would put me off.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 2:57 pm

excessive makeup or tattoos

belly sticks out further than her breasts, double chin that doesn't go away

TW1ZTY wrote:
I don't like guys who are too skinny, have long hair, or look too young or effeminate.

damn

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 3:06 pm

I don't consider any of my preferences "superficial" but I would never fraternise (sororise?) with a woman who:

1. Has tattoos.

2. Dresses in a slovenly fashion - I visibly shake my head when I see women with torn jeans in the street.

3. Has had any plastic surgery.

4. Uses profanity in public.

5. Is profligate with money.

6. Speaks or writes bad English.

7. Takes illegal drugs.

8. Worships celebrities.

9. Listens, any more than very occasionally, to pop music.

10. Speaks too loudly.

11. Plays unfeminine sports (rugby, soccer, etc.)

12. Has no intellectual interests.

13. Is excessively self-absorbed or shallow.

14. Gets inebriated.

15. Talks about sex openly.

16. Has any perverted sexual interests (bondage, or anything like that.)

17. Is a vegan.

18. Is an attention seeker.

The list goes on and on and on and on... Which is why I'll die a bachelor (happily).

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 4:55 pm

I definitely have a type, but I am not sure it's a deal breaker. It's certainly a positive if they have the features I like. What I would consider deal breakers would be things like being judgmental, materialistic, and overly religious.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2018, 5:06 pm

Smoking and drug use.

phantasmagoria
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2018, 9:13 am

social media, selfies, narcissism, basic, trendy, conformist, non-intellectual... am I superficial for hating the superficial type?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 9:26 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
excessive makeup or tattoos

belly sticks out further than her breasts, double chin that doesn't go away
TW1ZTY wrote:

damn

Sorry no offense meant it's just not my type. I prefer older and more masculine men. :)

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2018, 9:44 am

Bad hygenie. Thin/non existant lips. If he's shorter than me. Overweight. Young-looking. Bad eyebrows like way too bushy and big or unibrow.

That's pretty much it, i'm quite accepting even though I can sound superficial at times because I have a very specific type. In general though I go more on chemistry than looks and i've noticed that I can have chemistry with any kind of person. My most recent ex didn't have anything physically that I usually look for in a guy except from being tall.

On another note i'm surprised at how many says no to tattoos, I love tattoos myself and if a guy has lots of tattoos he instantly gets more attractive to me. I once dated a guy only because I liked his tattoos lol. That was only a few dates though.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 9:53 am

superaliengirl wrote:
Bad hygenie. Thin/non existant lips. If he's shorter than me. Overweight. Young-looking. Bad eyebrows like way too bushy and big or unibrow.

That's pretty much it, i'm quite accepting even though I can sound superficial at times because I have a very specific type. In general though I go more on chemistry than looks and i've noticed that I can have chemistry with any kind of person. My most recent ex didn't have anything physically that I usually look for in a guy except from being tall.

On another note i'm surprised at how many says no to tattoos, I love tattoos myself and if a guy has lots of tattoos he instantly gets more attractive to me. I once dated a guy only because I liked his tattoos lol. That was only a few dates though.

I agree about tattoos especially if he has muscles.

And I think some tattoos look really nice on women like butterfly and flower tats. Very feminine. :flower:

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 10:46 am

The last word I'd use to describe tattoos on women is "feminine". Personally, I wouldn't give the time of day to a woman who had any more than a few very discreet tattoos, which isn't sexist because I feel the same way about men - though I do find them slightly more offensive on women.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2018, 10:59 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
The last word I'd use to describe tattoos on women is "feminine". Personally, I wouldn't give the time of day to a woman who had any more than a few very discreet tattoos, which isn't sexist because I feel the same way about men - though I do find them slightly more offensive on women.

Well you know what they say to each his own. :wink: