Would you be willing to enter a sexless relationship?

Page 2 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Would you enter a sexless relationship?
Yes-I'm male 27%  27%  [ 16 ]
Yes-I'm female 24%  24%  [ 14 ]
No- I'm male 32%  32%  [ 19 ]
No- I'm female 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 59

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:09 am

Interesting how both 'Yes-I'm female' and No-I'm female are equal so far, while the males are twice not willing compared to the willing ones.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Interesting how both 'Yes-I'm female' and No-I'm female are equal so far, while the males are twice not willing compared to the willing ones.

To be honest I'm surprised that the no is only double the yes for guys. I'd think this would be a dealbreaker to like 90% of guys. But then I guess maybe some on the autism spectrum are asexual or have tactile sensory issues so that might account for it. Even guys like me who have never had a relationship despite wanting one would pass up this proposition.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:38 am

I don't really have any severe sensory issues; though, at first, I was somewhat averse to being physically intimate with another person.

It would be pretty frustrating for me to be bereft of making love----but if I loved the person enough, I could handle this bereftness through other methodology (e.g., masturbation).

If ALL physical affection was withheld from me, then there might be more reluctance to commit to a marriage.

Sex doesn't have to be this thing which permeates my very soul. There's more to love than just sex.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:46 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

To be honest I'm surprised that the no is only double the yes for guys. I'd think this would be a dealbreaker to like 90% of guys. But then I guess maybe some on the autism spectrum are asexual or have tactile sensory issues so that might account for it. Even guys like me who have never had a relationship despite wanting one would pass up this proposition.

And yet some people here want us to limit our dating pool in aspies only :lol:.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:48 am

^ But to be fair , low T and ED are becoming more common among guys nowadays, so maybe that's why we are seeing more preferring sexless relationships?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 8:55 am

I don't have "Low T." I'm 57 years old, and I can "perform" at a moment's notice.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 9:02 am

I wouldn't. I always feel very awkward getting close to people and spending a lot of time with them, and exactly what I liked about the only relationship I had was because the sex created a sense of intimacy that I hadn't experienced before and because of that was a lot easier to be close to that person.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

05 Dec 2018, 9:18 am

I've been in sexless relationships and it has been my decision.

For me I haven't felt comfortable with that sort of intimacy and i'm not sure I ever will but I feel more comfortable at the thought of it now than I have before. Plus i'm not asexual - I experience sexual emotions and desires and I don't wanna surpress them forever out of some kind of intimacy insecurity.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 11:21 am

Here is part of my problem;
My non negotiables conflict a little.
Obviously no sex.
Most Aces are atheists, But I am only willing to date a Christian because of how I see relationships.
I want to adopt kids, so people would have to be willing to both have kids and no sex, which seems to be a hard sell.

I included women because I was curious how the answers would very, while I am attracted the same to men and women, because of religious reasons I am unwilling to date girls.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 11:53 am

Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.
Most Aces are atheists, But I am only willing to date a Christian because of how I see relationships.
I want to adopt kids, so people would have to be willing to both have kids and no sex, which seems to be a hard sell.

I included women because I was curious how the answers would very, while I am attracted the same to men and women, because of religious reasons I am unwilling to date girls.

It is easier to win the lottery than finding someone with this combination.

Your list is impossible.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 12:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

It is easier to win the lottery than finding someone with this combination.

Your list is impossible.

Not to mention that same person has to be willing to date me as well.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 1:45 pm

Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

This is literally me lmao. Good luck though, most guys think with their dick (no offense)
I love that you want to adopt though :heart: There's so many kids out there that are just waiting for someone to love them

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 2:03 pm

Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

So basically you want things a very specific way, and all your way. Unless you're lucky enough to find a unicorn who shares the same desires as you to not have sex and to adopt, either you'd best not to bother with relationships or you'll need to compromise. Most men believe sex is non-negotiable in a relationship, so you might have to settle for being alone or adopting a few cats.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 2:27 pm

Maybe you could look for a paraplegic or other similarly impaired person??

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 4:19 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

So basically you want things a very specific way, and all your way. Unless you're lucky enough to find a unicorn who shares the same desires as you to not have sex and to adopt, either you'd best not to bother with relationships or you'll need to compromise. Most men believe sex is non-negotiable in a relationship, so you might have to settle for being alone or adopting a few cats.

Or she could just be a single mom.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 4:25 pm

Can single people adopt?