Would you be willing to enter a sexless relationship?

Page 4 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Would you enter a sexless relationship?
Yes-I'm male 27%  27%  [ 16 ]
Yes-I'm female 24%  24%  [ 14 ]
No- I'm male 32%  32%  [ 19 ]
No- I'm female 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 59

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Dec 2018, 7:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ But to be fair , low T and ED are becoming more common among guys nowadays, so maybe that's why we are seeing more preferring sexless relationships?
Lots of psych meds can cause those problems & those of us on the spectrum tend to be on psych meds more than the general population

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 7:19 pm

nick007 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ But to be fair , low T and ED are becoming more common among guys nowadays, so maybe that's why we are seeing more preferring sexless relationships?
Lots of psych meds can cause those problems & those of us on the spectrum tend to be on psych meds more than the general population

I’m not on meds so why am I not competitive or ambitious?
But I also have high sex drive.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2018, 9:44 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Here is part of my problem;
My non negotiables conflict a little.
Obviously no sex.
Most Aces are atheists, But I am only willing to date a Christian because of how I see relationships.
I want to adopt kids, so people would have to be willing to both have kids and no sex, which seems to be a hard sell.

I included women because I was curious how the answers would very, while I am attracted the same to men and women, because of religious reasons I am unwilling to date girls.

So basically you want things a very specific way, and all your way. Unless you're lucky enough to find a unicorn who shares the same desires as you to not have sex and to adopt, either you'd best not to bother with relationships or you'll need to compromise. Most men believe sex is non-negotiable in a relationship, so you might have to settle for being alone or adopting a few cats.

Or she could just be a single mom.

Well I personally think a loving mother and father are the most optimal people to raise a child. I think particularly for boys a positive male role model is very important, and denying them that is just selfish. There's a reason it takes a mother and father to produce offspring, and if people were more responsible we wouldn't see this epidemic of single parent households.

I disagree. I was raised by a single mother (My dad died when I was five) and I turned out fine.
The only ways it affected me is not really understanding men and finding relationships extra confusing.

Regardless, one mom is better than none.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 12:15 am

Arganger wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.
Most Aces are atheists, But I am only willing to date a Christian because of how I see relationships.
I want to adopt kids, so people would have to be willing to both have kids and no sex, which seems to be a hard sell.

I included women because I was curious how the answers would very, while I am attracted the same to men and women, because of religious reasons I am unwilling to date girls.

So basically you want things a very specific way, and all your way. Unless you're lucky enough to find a unicorn who shares the same desires as you to not have sex and to adopt, either you'd best not to bother with relationships or you'll need to compromise. Most men believe sex is non-negotiable in a relationship, so you might have to settle for being alone or adopting a few cats.

Well I personally think a loving mother and father are the most optimal people to raise a child. I think particularly for boys a positive male role model is very important, and denying them that is just selfish. There's a reason it takes a mother and father to produce offspring, and if people were more responsible we wouldn't see this epidemic of single parent households.

I disagree. I was raised by a single mother (My dad died when I was five) and I turned out fine.
The only ways it affected me is not really understanding men and finding relationships extra confusing.

So what part do you disagree with? I never said people raised by single parents can't turn out fine, my mum is a single mum too. What I said was two loving parents of opposite gender is better. Growing up, you get two perspectives to choose from instead of one, you get to learn about men and women and how they are to live with instead of just one gender and in my opinion you get a more balanced view of the world with both male and female perspectives and role models. Not to mention a single parent has to make choices that two parents don't. Spend time with the kids and live off a low income (you can't work when looking after children) or throw your kids in daycare and work, making your relationship more distant to the children. You can't be a single parent to young children and a worker and do both well.

My mum largely chose to be a stay-at-home mum, so while my brother and I were able to form a strong bond with her, money was frequently an issue because no one in the house was working. It was only by the grace of the government and welfare that we were receiving any income. I have a lazy eye and poor vision and I'm going to have it for the rest of my life now, but when I was a kid, I could have had surgery on it to get it fixed (the eye's matured well past that point now), but of course my mum was never going to be able to afford it, so instead now I'm stuck with it forever. I could also have had my crooked teeth straightened as a kid if there was money in my family, but of course that was never going to happen either, so now the responsibility is on me as an adult to pay for my own braces. Having two loving parents instead of one would have made a huge difference in my life.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 2:48 am

I'd be enormously attracted to the type of woman serious and mature enough not to be obsessed with sex, but I don't think many such women are around anymore.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 2:54 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
I'd be enormously attracted to the type of woman serious and mature enough not to be obsessed with sex, but I don't think many such women are around anymore.

Isn't it the other way round though? Everything I've seen points towards men being obsessed with sex and women not finding it interesting.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 3:00 am

graceksjp wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

This is literally me lmao. Good luck though, most guys think with their dick (no offense)
I love that you want to adopt though :heart: There's so many kids out there that are just waiting for someone to love them

No, we think with our brains.

And we get horny via our brains too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 3:15 am

sly279 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I’m not on meds so why am I not competitive or ambitious?
But I also have high sex drive.

Have you ever tested your Testosterone level? I thought I have a "high sex drive" too, but last time I checked my T was only around 400 dg something, which is below the ideal for my age (despite it's within the 'normal' lab range and according to docs).

You're overweight, and that usually affect T levels too.

Screenshot from my medical portal:

Even my T4 is too close to the lower end of the range, and I am only 36:

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 10:17 am

Arganger wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

So what part do you disagree with? I never said people raised by single parents can't turn out fine, my mum is a single mum too. What I said was two loving parents of opposite gender is better. Growing up, you get two perspectives to choose from instead of one, you get to learn about men and women and how they are to live with instead of just one gender and in my opinion you get a more balanced view of the world with both male and female perspectives and role models. Not to mention a single parent has to make choices that two parents don't. Spend time with the kids and live off a low income (you can't work when looking after children) or throw your kids in daycare and work, making your relationship more distant to the children. You can't be a single parent to young children and a worker and do both well.

My mum largely chose to be a stay-at-home mum, so while my brother and I were able to form a strong bond with her, money was frequently an issue because no one in the house was working. It was only by the grace of the government and welfare that we were receiving any income. I have a lazy eye and poor vision and I'm going to have it for the rest of my life now, but when I was a kid, I could have had surgery on it to get it fixed (the eye's matured well past that point now), but of course my mum was never going to be able to afford it, so instead now I'm stuck with it forever. I could also have had my crooked teeth straightened as a kid if there was money in my family, but of course that was never going to happen either, so now the responsibility is on me as an adult to pay for my own braces. Having two loving parents instead of one would have made a huge difference in my life.

I disagree with the, "denying them that is just selfish".
I don't feel a single parent is being selfish at all.

When adopting kids you actually get free heath care until 18.

I just had a major deja vu moment. Wow.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 10:48 am

If you're within the "normal lab range," you don't have "Low-T."

Same with any lab results within "normal lab range." It's not considered pathological if you are within the "normal lab range."

What's "optimal" to you might not be "optimal" to someone else.

I've never had mine tested-----because I know I don't have any problems with my testosterone level. I'm just a horny bastard LOL

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 11:09 am

Arganger wrote:
If you could enter a relationship, but it was purely companionship even in marriage, would you do so?

That'd be what I want. (I'm asexual.)

Wouldn't want kids (adopted or not), nor a religious partner. Would have to love animals.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 1:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Same with any lab results within "normal lab range." It's not considered pathological if you are within the "normal lab range."

I've never had mine tested-----because I know I don't have any problems with my testosterone level. I'm just a horny bastard LOL

Not really kraftie, according to studies, most men within my age range have it around 600; my level is equivalent to men of 70-80 years old.

Lab ranges are usually way behind modern studies.

And btw, I can feel that my drive is inferior to other men, I never get horny easily (only within a sexual act) like how men describe when they see a hot woman in the street. My gf noticed that too, this is why I did these blood tests in the first place.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 3:32 pm

I could live in a sexless relationship, but I'd rather not. However, adopting a child instead of making one yourself would be a complete deal breaker (provided it was possible). I'd prefer more diverse sex than just intercourse. I certainly don't attach with sex.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 6:11 pm

Arganger wrote:
Arganger wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

Denying a boy a male role model in the form of a dad is selfish. Ending up an unplanned single parent is just irresponsible.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2018, 9:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

My thyroid levels were within normal range, based on blood tests. I went for several months of having to take my temperature several times a day to find that my basal body temperature was very low. Around 90 F. The doctor suspected that my thyroid level could be subclinically low, even though within normal blood levels. I’ve been on two types of thyroid meds for the last year and I feel much better. So bottom level of normal might be inadequate for some.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2018, 4:16 am

Arganger wrote:
Arganger wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Arganger wrote:
Obviously no sex.

Denying a boy a male role model in the form of a dad is selfish. Ending up an unplanned single parent is just irresponsible.

So a woman is irresponsible if her husband/father of her children dies through no fault of her own and leaves her as a single parent?