Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:14 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
I'd say it's one of those innate bits of human programming that hasn't left us since we grew less hair and discovered fire. And FWIW it doesn't really matter if someone has their preferences. It goes both ways; I like my women shorter than me :lol: not that I'd turn my nose up at a slightly taller women if I were still single.

The problem though, is not usually in wanting a man taller than her, but wanting a man taller than a certain minimum set high (which is taller than her).
It's like you reject a woman just because she's not under 5'5, even if a 5'6 may be shorter than you.

Yeah there are women like that. If you ask me, they are making our life easier by eliminating themselves from our dating pool :lol: you wouldn't want to be with someone like that anyway

EDIT: I seem amused alot. My apathy has gotten worse!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:19 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
I'd say it's one of those innate bits of human programming that hasn't left us since we grew less hair and discovered fire. And FWIW it doesn't really matter if someone has their preferences. It goes both ways; I like my women shorter than me :lol: not that I'd turn my nose up at a slightly taller women if I were still single.

The problem though, is not usually in wanting a man taller than her, but wanting a man taller than a certain minimum set high (which is taller than her).
It's like you reject a woman just because she's not under 5'5, even if a 5'6 may be shorter than you.

Yeah there are women like that. If you ask me, they are making our life easier by eliminating themselves from our dating pool :lol: you wouldn't want to be with someone like that anyway

EDIT: I seem amused alot. My apathy has gotten worse!

Believe me, I wouldn't want to be with a lot of types.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Feb 2019, 4:23 pm

I'm 160cm tall and I've never had a crush on a guy taller than 175 cm.
I'm on the short/average boundary for females in my country and apparently I prefer short/average guys.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:28 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
I'm 1,2 cm short of being 6 feet tall. Does this explain my relative success compared to other aspie men, or my relative lack of success relative to other men in general?

Forget about your height. What other aspects of your appearance could have contributed to your relative success?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:29 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
I'm 1,2 cm short of being 6 feet tall. Does this explain my relative success compared to other aspie men, or my relative lack of success relative to other men in general?

Forget about your height. What other aspects of your appearance could have contributed to your relative success?

You're embarrassing him, we have underage people here.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 4:40 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

I'm mostly joking around, but I can brag a little if you'd like: I'm broad-shouldered and well-built. I've got a decent sense of style, and can dress well with a modicum of effort. I'm currently sporting a pretty mangy Van Dyke, but I generally groom well, and for occasions I have a small collection of semi-fancy colognes. Aside from appearances, I'm intelligent, well-read, and have a bit of a silver tongue going on (massive wink on that last one).

Quote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You're embarrassing him, we have underage people here.

*oblique reference to a child's arm holding an apple*

niksah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2019, 5:29 pm

Height is one of those things that guys who have a hard time with women often blame to deflect from other reasons. Sure, some women state preferences outwardly and dating apps are the worse expression of humanity in general, but I have a good amount of 5'6" and below friends (both NT and ND) who are happily involved with women and aren't worried about being replaced. Most people in relationships don't see their partners as a replaceable set of specifications, and if they did you'd have a lot of other problems LONG before someone taller came along.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 5:58 pm

If the Pokewedding guy can overcome the height dilemma so can you all.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 11:05 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

I'm mostly joking around, but I can brag a little if you'd like: I'm broad-shouldered and well-built. I've got a decent sense of style, and can dress well with a modicum of effort. I'm currently sporting a pretty mangy Van Dyke, but I generally groom well, and for occasions I have a small collection of semi-fancy colognes. Aside from appearances, I'm intelligent, well-read, and have a bit of a silver tongue going on (massive wink on that last one).

So that's the stuff guys need to succeed with girls. Not a height > 6 foot.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 6:07 pm

May I just make a comment here (sorry to revive an old thread, if that kind of thing is an issue on this forum. Not sure if it is).

Various ethnicity groups generally do have dominant traits which include approx. height. So if you are short in the land that you live, you at may be tall in another land.

So, if you are flexible in terms of ethnic choice and are happy to travel to increase your prospects in terms of finding suitable mates.

You may consider looking to move or at least visit a country where you can capitalise out of your size.
There are likely some ethnic groups who have dominant traits that make them smaller than you.
So if you were to place your selves in their lands, and they are open to relationships between ethnic groups.

You would then be among the tallest men or at the very least normal height, even though you are small in your own country.

It is simple logic. And without going into too much detail, other parts of the anatomy are often determined by the same dominant traits.

In some countries being a western man makes you more desirable to woman. Due to many reasons, but which of course is primarily because you come from a country that has a high standard of living.

According to one guys you tube channel, which was about pulling in the Philippines.
This American guy, who was chubby, bald and not particularly great looking was boasting on how easy it was to pull woman in the country. So, my point is you can increase your chances of success if you are willing to think logically and if you don't mind travelling.

I guess the people with the biggest problems are the people who are abnormally small, but perhaps there is a community for such people are well. As there are physical disabilities such as dwarfism which affects both
woman and men.

so good luck.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 4:51 am

My Boyfriend is tall, he’s 6’2, I’m 5’4, I will need a ladder to kiss him.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Feb 2019, 6:38 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
My Boyfriend is tall, he’s 6’2, I’m 5’4, I will need a ladder to kiss him.
Or some really high heels :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 12:40 pm

It's easier than you think.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 11:33 pm

:idea: A considerate BF will pick one up off the ground for the kissing. :heart:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Feb 2019, 2:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
:idea: A considerate BF will pick one up off the ground for the kissing. :heart:
He'll have to be strong enough too. Some guys like me are very weak. I seriously need to start exercising 1ce the weather gets better but I'll still never be able to pick up a woman of average weight & height.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 4:38 am

auntblabby wrote:

Yes! I do that everytime GF comes home!