Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 4:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
^^^
:lol:

A "chad"?

Let me guess.

That's a combination of a "cad", and "chav"? Right? :lol:

Boo's a legendary Chadcell. It's a man so brilliantly perfect that all women see him as utterly out of their league and are scared to go near him.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 6:14 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alternatively, if MushroomPrincess only chose a monogamous relationship with The_Face_Of_Boo (god forbids!) , then only 2 will have herpes, or maybe only one because we would probably end up not having any sex (*shivers*).

Don't kid us around. We all know a total chad like yourself has spread your herpes to hundreds of women all over the world.

I don't spread herpes.

Herpes spreads me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 6:19 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
I believe polyamory is the most natural and healthy state for a human being.

Not if your goal is to have a partner, or especially children. Polyamory detracts from your ability to pair-bond with another person, which is fine, but only if there are no children in the picture. In terms of the r/K selection theory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory, partaking in polyamory is an r-selected reproduction strategy (though now obviously birth control and protection are often used to stop any actual children from being born this way, but following it to its logical conclusion, it is still an r-selected reproduction strategy). K-selected reproduction strategies are widely seen as being better for humans who produce offspring, but again if no children are involved, be as promiscuous as you want.

Also STDs would spread way more rapidly in a polygamous society.

No it wouldn't.

The subject is polymory, not polygamy. Multiple lovers, not actual official plural marriage. And the OP means both genders are allowed multiple partners.

But polyamory probably includes sex too, then how it wouldn't?

Let's assume MushroomPrincess is in relation with naturalplastic, The Grand Inquisitor, and leahbear, and they're all having sex with each other. MushroomPrincess turned out to have herpes, now all the 4 persons have herpes.

Alternatively, if MushroomPrincess only chose a monogamous relationship with The_Face_Of_Boo (god forbids!) , then only 2 will have herpes, or maybe only one because we would probably end up not having any sex (*shivers*).

That's the very point im making.

I guess its my bad. I coulda sworn that I had written "polymory might well contribute to STDs, but not Muslim polygamy that you're talking about, but then I guess went off on other topics. like polyandry and forgot to actually write it).

The "it" that I was referring to when I said "it wouldn't spread STDs anymore than monogamy" is "Polygamy" (the word you used). Polymory(what the op is talking about) , on the other hand, might well spread stds more.

You were talking about polygamy in traditional muslim countries (polygamy which is always also polygyny, and is never polyandry). Sheiks with multiple wives are not spreading STDs anymore than monogamous couples are. In contrast traveling rockstars with groupies in every town probably are. The later is polymory but not polygamy.

From what I understand, Polyamory is usually a multi-mutual-commitment, so like the the Islamic polygyny, you are committed to f**k only certain people; but it still exposes more people to STD like how i demonstrated in my example but not as much as the open polyamory that you're describing (and like in the OP case, I have re-read thread
and noticed she talked about orgies, so yeah, you're right, she's talking about fully open polyamory).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 6:33 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:
It's just really depressing that I will only kiss a very small percentage of the approximately three billion boys I share this planet with, and oh, how cruel that I was born in this human body with all its limitations, when I should be as a goddess of love serving the whole of humanity.... :(

O poor you, If only the president Bush back then didn't ban cloning research.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2018, 2:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
From what I understand, Polyamory is usually a multi-mutual-commitment, so like the the Islamic polygyny, you are committed to f**k only certain people; but it still exposes more people to STD like how i demonstrated in my example but not as much as the open polyamory that you're describing (and like in the OP case, I have re-read thread
and noticed she talked about orgies, so yeah, you're right, she's talking about fully open polyamory).

I mean, to be fair, the largest group sesh I've ever been in was five other people, so "orgy" might be a bit of an exaggeration.

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2018, 3:11 pm

I can't help but think that if mushroomprincess was a man there wouldn't be so many hostile comments.

Arevelion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2018, 3:36 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I mean, to be fair, the largest group sesh I've ever been in was five other people, so "orgy" might be a bit of an exaggeration.

Look. Being Polyamorous is not the natural relationship setup for humanity, it is the natural relationship setup for you, and that's fine. It's just some us are built for Monogamy.

That said, if this is something you want to talk more about I for one and willing to lend an open ear. I am especially curious if you think your autism somehow predisposes you to being Poly.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 3:03 pm

lostproperty wrote:
I can't help but think that if mushroomprincess was a man there wouldn't be so many hostile comments.

Where? Are we on the same thread? Which hostile comments?

Anyway, most people are culturally monogamous in modern times and won’t digest the poly idea well.

There’s a popular degarotory term for poly men that many use it: womanizer.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 3:08 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Were they men and women or just men? are you Bi?
I can’t imagine to be in one especially if there’s other men.

MushroomPrincess
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Dec 2018, 12:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I'm pansexual :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 1:05 am

MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What’s pansexuality?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 1:35 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What’s pansexuality?

Another way of saying you'll sleep with literally anyone

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2018, 3:08 am

I'm still a virgin. I "fooled around" as teenager but haven't even touched or been touched by a girl since. I've never had a girlfriend. I don't know what its like to be liked by a girl. Its all I think about every day. I'm trapped by my autistic brain. I don't know where to go to meet woman or what to say. I think I can handle just sex because there's little talking involved. I don't know how much longer I can live with the pain. Just reading the first post of this thread caused a depression overload. :cry: :cry:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 4:51 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What’s pansexuality?

Does it include dogs? :|

They say dogs are people too. :mrgreen:

Seriously now, looking at the definition, it seems like a synonym of bisexuality to me.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2018, 5:02 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MushroomPrincess wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What’s pansexuality?

Does it include dogs? :|

They say dogs are people too. :mrgreen:

Seriously now, looking at the definition, it seems like a synonym of bisexuality to me.

It's different because bisexuality means you're interested in both men and women, whereas pansexuality means you're interested in men, women, non-binary, transgender, genderfluid, any of the 52 million genders, etc.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Dec 2018, 6:54 am

I cant imagine wanting to be with anyone other than the person I'm currently with except for my celeb crush but I had a crush on Miranda before I got my girlfriend & the crush didn't stay away after. I could get into polygamy but only if I'm with my current girlfriend & celeb crush. I'd pick Cass over Miranda & I want just Cass if I cant be with Miranda too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition