Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 1:45 am

ShyGirl7 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
ShyGirl7 wrote:
Actually, someone telling you they want to build a life with you when they haven't met you isn't creepy - sometimes people do fall deeply in love with other people's personalities (instead of looks) over the Internet.

- However, this is not one of those times - and a guy telling you that the first day he talks to you is obviously a scam.
Me & both my exes & current girlfriend told each other things like that before we met in person. However we had known each other for a while online 1st & we chatted aLOT. Someone saying something like that after only chatting for a day is full of sh!t.

Yes, that's precisely my point. ;)

He did say that he feels a connection with me. I’m ending it talking to him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:33 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
ShyGirl7 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
ShyGirl7 wrote:
Actually, someone telling you they want to build a life with you when they haven't met you isn't creepy - sometimes people do fall deeply in love with other people's personalities (instead of looks) over the Internet.

- However, this is not one of those times - and a guy telling you that the first day he talks to you is obviously a scam.
Me & both my exes & current girlfriend told each other things like that before we met in person. However we had known each other for a while online 1st & we chatted aLOT. Someone saying something like that after only chatting for a day is full of sh!t.

Yes, that's precisely my point. ;)

i'm glad to hear you are finding out how to tell fakers from the real ones.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jan 2019, 8:03 am

This is something I just saw on the news:

Quote:
Queensland Police have issued an urgent warning to the public after discovering what they’ve described as “a disturbing development in romance and online scams”.
Supt Lawrence said the US Army Criminal Investigation Command receives hundreds of complaints a month from people who find themselves involved in an online relationship with someone purporting to be a soldier.
“This is a common scam worldwide,” Supt Lawrence said.
“Usually the offender’s interaction with the victim is all online so this further step of travelling to the victim’s home is certainly something we need the public to hear and be warned of today.
“I encourage anyone using social media platforms to develop friendships or relationships online to maintain control at all times.
“I know emotions may make that harder but arm yourself with the knowledge that these scams are occurring to everyday members of the community like you.
“Take the time to evaluate the relationship, talk to friends and other loved ones about your new relationship online. We are thankful the victim in this instance took this step.”

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 4cd0163c4b

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:56 am

I’m talking to a new man now, he is not in the Army :D He didn’t talk about sex, we are just talking & getting to know each other :D :D :D :D :D I met him on OkCupid 4 days ago, he is a nice guy, he is patience with me :D I really like him & he really like me too. He knows about my Cerebral Pasly, Aspergers, Psoriasis & Dyslexia.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 11:13 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m talking to a new man now, he is not in the Army :D He didn’t talk about sex, we are just talking & getting to know each other :D :D :D :D :D I met him on OkCupid 4 days ago, he is a nice guy, he is patience with me :D I really like him & he really like me too. He knows about my Cerebral Pasly, Aspergers, Psoriasis & Dyslexia.

It's nice that you told him your diagnoses but also be careful with that. Many people could view your conditions as evidence that you are vulnerable or an easy target for emotional, financial or sexual manipulation. They won't know exactly what the conditions are but they might think you are impressionable or not very smart. I'd start asking them what they've learned or read about CP and ASD. If they are interested in pursuing a relationship they should also be reading about your diagnoses to better support you. Make them accountable to understanding you, not just feeling sorry for you or seeing it as a vulnerability.

Me: "So, have you done any research on CP?" "What is your understanding of CP and how it affects people?"

Me: "Do you know any other people / women with ASD? Where were they on the spectrum? Were their needs similar to mine or different? What have you noticed about my particular needs?"

Of course you don't want it to sound like a job interview, but it's reasonable to ask these types of questions.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2019, 9:44 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

A connection can be many things. Question is, do you want to find out if it's real or not?
Say your going away for a few days and you'll be back when you'll be back. If its genuine he'll wait, if he doesn't message you any more, then think it's his loss and move on. There has to be some interests but be careful like everyone here is saying. If it's meant to be it'll be.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2019, 11:13 pm

be careful Kitty.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 12:16 am

What if the man I’m talking to is a good guy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 12:25 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

I guess it is like a crapshoot in terms of picking a good one or not. just saying you can learn discernment the hard way [hard experience], or you can try something safer such as meeting people in church or other social club, where you can see them in person and they can see you in person. and if they come on too strong in the beginning, that is a big warning sign.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2019, 1:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I guess it is like a crapshoot in terms of picking a good one or not. just saying you can learn discernment the hard way [hard experience], or you can try something safer such as meeting people in church or other social club, where you can see them in person and they can see you in person. and if they come on too strong in the beginning, that is a big warning sign.

@Kitty4670:

We're not necessarily saying "Go into the relationship full of suspicion and mistrust." But if something seems 'off' or makes you uncomfortable, it's always a good idea to get a second opinion from someone you trust.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:22 pm

People sure can make things harder for me. Why can people be happy for me? There other people here that on dating sites & I don’t read be careful or he is a scam artist. I thought this is a site where you get support from your friends?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:28 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
People sure can make things harder for me. Why can people be happy for me? There other people here that on dating sites & I don’t read be careful or he is a scam artist. I thought this is a site where you get support from your friends?

I am sorry :( it was not my intent to be a spoil sport or a killjoy, we are just worried for you as there are lots of predators out there. it is a dangerous world and one must be careful and vigilant and discerning if one wants to avoid trouble. I would be very happy if the fella was good for you but in this case there is insufficient data so I worry, one aspie to another, one aspie for another.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:38 pm

Kitty,
I can only speak for myself, but I worry about your vulnerability because it's obvious you are new to dating. You have admitted many times on WP that you don't have much experience with men, you aren't sure how to read their intentions, you don't know how to "play the game" (example: "Is he my boyfriend?" "Why isn't he speaking to me after two days?"), you are unsure about basics of sexual innuendo, and you've already been scammed for money or deceived by people online. That's why I worry, and it's likely why other people worry as well.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:41 pm

Ambrose_Rotten wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

@Kitty4670:

We're not necessarily saying "Go into the relationship full of suspicion and mistrust." But if something seems 'off' or makes you uncomfortable, it's always a good idea to get a second opinion from someone you trust.

The guy I’m talking to is a good guy, he been caring, patience with me, he never pressure me into anything, we met on OkCupid 8 days ago. I told him about my Cerebral Pasly, Aspergers & Psoriasis, I even told him that I watch kid shows & cartoons, he still talking to me. We been taking things slowly, we been texting almost all day everyday. It’s not like he can come to visit me, he lives in UK & I live in California.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:51 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Ambrose_Rotten wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

@Kitty4670:

The guy I’m talking to is a good guy, he been caring, patience with me, he never pressure me into anything, we met on OkCupid 8 days ago. I told him about my Cerebral Pasly, Aspergers & Psoriasis, I even told him that I watch kid shows & cartoons, he still talking to me. We been taking things slowly, we been texting almost all day everyday. It’s not like he can come to visit me, he lives in UK & I live in California.

people here are praying that things go the way you want them to go.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2019, 11:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I am sorry :( it was not my intent to be a spoil sport or a killjoy, we are just worried for you as there are lots of predators out there. it is a dangerous world and one must be careful and vigilant and discerning if one wants to avoid trouble. I would be very happy if the fella was good for you but in this case there is insufficient data so I worry, one aspie to another, one aspie for another.

I love it that you care, this is a different guy. The guy I’m talking to is a good guy, he been caring, patience with me, he never pressure me into anything, we met on OkCupid 8 days ago. I told him about my Cerebral Pasly, Aspergers & Psoriasis, I even told him that I watch kid shows & cartoons, he still talking to me. We been taking things slowly, we been texting almost all day everyday. It’s not like he can come to visit me, he lives in UK & I live in California.