Favorite video games affect your taste in women?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2020, 12:13 pm

Does anyone else here feel that the type of video games they most enjoy playing influence the type of women you're attracted to? I feel like my love of clean-cut athletic women subconsciously reflects my love of sports games, while my interest in edgy "bad girls" has something to do with my love of open-world action games like Grand Theft Auto.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2020, 10:47 pm

I like Smash Brothers.... what does that say about my tastes? :lol:

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

11 Apr 2020, 8:00 am

Unless your taste in women affects which games you enjoy the most?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 1:54 pm

You know, I had something strange hit me when I was somewhere between 9 and 10 years old and thinking Genesis games, something did hit me when I ran into characters who were both attractive, female, and had (comparative to your team) almost god-like degrees of power. I think of a particular game I played where there was a villain who was a genetic twin of one of the healers on my team and it took my whole team of four several tried to beat her. Clearly video games map or don't map to reality based on design, go a bit further into the same game and - like any hack-and-slash RPG whether futuristic or medieval/fantasy you 'grind' through henchmen toward the end of the game who would have killed an earlier boss without a second-thought, so looking at the broader picture it's the eccentricities and foibles of the game and story-line designers showing through.

I think what it underscored though - I was creative, high in (speaking OCEAN) trait-openness, and as a consequence of feeling like most people around me were utterly boring and clone-like these sorts of 'aberations' lets just say from the world I observed seemed like something that opened a window to a potential way of thinking - one that was a lot more 'interesting' than reality on the ground. I ended up with fantasies accordingly of god-like women.

Do I think it left me better adjusted? Nay.

At the same time though I have to point out a few things - 1) I'm unusual in the ways I described and it's something that's probably far more likely for unusual people to be prone to rather than just shrug off and say 'that doesn't map on to the reality I'm used to' and also 2) there's something going on at the bottom of my life and wiring where I think those video game encounters were more of a triggering event for something that I was supposed to make contact with rather than simply being an unlucky or maladjusting accident.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 1:59 pm

I don't play video games. I prefer real women.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Apr 2020, 3:48 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
I don't play video games. I prefer real women.

For the record, I've met quite a few of the women I've played as in sports/WWE video games in real life :wink: 8)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 6:20 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

You love to... smash it.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 9:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

You love to... smash it.

Nailed it

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 9:58 pm

There's supposedly an old 3ds game called 'Smash Cat Heroes'. Sounds germane.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 10:14 pm

I married a woman I met playing Diablo II. Her character name was Cute lil wench and was an amazon. She was neither an amazon nor a wench, but she sure was cute and she conquered my heart before I knew just how gorgeous she is.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2020, 10:54 pm

blackicmenace wrote:
I married a woman I met playing Diablo II. Her character name was Cute lil wench and was an amazon. She was neither an amazon nor a wench, but she sure was cute and she conquered my heart before I knew just how gorgeous she is.

Dawwww :heart:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2020, 9:12 am

If the video games I played reflected my taste in women I'd be dating a millionairess archeologist.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Apr 2020, 10:38 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
If the video games I played reflected my taste in women I'd be dating a millionairess archeologist.
I would be attracted to military women when in reality I'm kinda turned off by that type.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2020, 2:19 am

^ In my case, I should have then a fetish for women in battle space suits. Hmm, that would make her COVID safe.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2020, 9:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ In my case, I should have then a fetish for women in battle space suits. Hmm, that would make her COVID safe.

Safe from VD as well.