Page 14 of 26 [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:49 pm

When you're talking to women do you flirt with them?

Or are you simply making conversation?

If you aren't flirting with them, they may not know you're interested.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 2:25 pm

Try this.

When you're talking to a woman you desire romantically, make sure to gaze softly into her eyes for longer than you would look at most people. Don't make it a constant stare, but if she's making steady eye contact with you, you do it too, at least for longer than you usually would look at someone. Courting can begin through a look, a shared gaze.

Say suggestive comments to test the waters of whether she desires you. This is the safer way to approach women rather than bluntly asking them on dates. It's less pressure and embarrassment for both sides. Here's an example.

Her: I'm having issues with my computer, the internet keeps crashing.
You: Maybe I could help you with it. I like to keep on top of things (hint: this is the sexual innuendo part).

If she smiles or looks intrigued by what you just said, she might be interested. If she starts using innuendo too, that's a good sign she probably is interested.

Another thing to try. Ask her "Do you have any plans for the weekend?". If she says "nothing" or "I don't know" reply "You do now. You're going on a date with me."

This is both a joke because it sounds absurd to simply tell someone they're going on a date with you, so it might make her laugh, and it's also showing confidence and the ability to lead, two things women are often attracted to. Also, if she rejects you, it's less painful this way than asking "Shall we go somewhere this weekend?" because if you get a "no" to that question it's like you left yourself wide open to be shot down, and you will feel stupid.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 3:26 pm

I have trouble with too much eye contact. I was basically trained to maintain eye contact. (seriously, liked locked on target) after a minute or so its so stressful I tend to zone out, still maintaining the stare apparently. Its caused me a lot of trouble, but I'm struggling to un-learn it.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 4:13 pm

I don't think it is a good idea to seek partners based on similar interests, which includes geeky interests. It's so much better to create shared interests with somebody you like a lot, or even better, have a crush on.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 4:22 pm

I really dislike (sexual) innuendo. I don't think there is any valid reason for learning anything about dating or other NT tricks in the relationship area. Just act naturally and you will "attract" compatible people, which is the ones you have potential with.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 5:37 pm

fifasy wrote:
Try this.

When you're talking to a woman you desire romantically, make sure to gaze softly into her eyes for longer than you would look at most people. Don't make it a constant stare, but if she's making steady eye contact with you, you do it too, at least for longer than you usually would look at someone. Courting can begin through a look, a shared gaze.

Say suggestive comments to test the waters of whether she desires you. This is the safer way to approach women rather than bluntly asking them on dates. It's less pressure and embarrassment for both sides. Here's an example.

Her: I'm having issues with my computer, the internet keeps crashing.
You: Maybe I could help you with it. I like to keep on top of things (hint: this is the sexual innuendo part).

If she smiles or looks intrigued by what you just said, she might be interested. If she starts using innuendo too, that's a good sign she probably is interested.

Another thing to try. Ask her "Do you have any plans for the weekend?". If she says "nothing" or "I don't know" reply "You do now. You're going on a date with me."

This is both a joke because it sounds absurd to simply tell someone they're going on a date with you, so it might make her laugh, and it's also showing confidence and the ability to lead, two things women are often attracted to. Also, if she rejects you, it's less painful this way than asking "Shall we go somewhere this weekend?" because if you get a "no" to that question it's like you left yourself wide open to be shot down, and you will feel stupid.

Telling someone they are going on a date with you, rather than asking them to go on a date with you, is rather pushy and aggressive, not confident. Confidence would be the ability to ask someone if they want to spend time with you but not being personally insulted if they say no. If you have to demand people go out with you to avoid rejection, you are not acting confidently. That's just not a good strategy to tell guys, especially nowadays. You want to avoid bulldozing over other people's boundaries and choices like that.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2019, 6:00 pm

THE advice given by fifasy sounds 100% like my XH he did both of those things (innuendos and all)
However I found it disconcerting but obviously I had to pretend it was ok as I was already trapped with him

But other women found him extremely charming and attractive no matter what

so I guess it works with NT women

N im guessing NT women are the target for most men regardless of neurology, as NT women seem to be more ‘together’ ‘capable’ and socially appealing as well as well groomed and interested in Cosmo type things. Nobody wants somebody with ‘issues’

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:15 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Or the right person does exist----and you will be proven to be incorrect.

That’s just a fantasy

Sly, this isn't a reply to the quote above, but I wanted to talk to you.

If you don't mind telling, what city in Oregon do you live now?

Why?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:33 am

blooiejagwa wrote:

N im guessing NT women are the target for most men regardless of neurology, as NT women seem to be more ‘together’ ‘capable’ and socially appealing as well as well groomed and interested in Cosmo type things. Nobody wants somebody with ‘issues’

No, but because aspies are more rare than pandas, number-wise.

There are plenty of NT women with issues as well.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 2:11 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
THE advice given by fifasy sounds 100% like my XH he did both of those things (innuendos and all)
However I found it disconcerting but obviously I had to pretend it was ok as I was already trapped with him

But other women found him extremely charming and attractive no matter what

so I guess it works with NT women

In My experience it seems to me most aspie women don’t want aspie men just like most my women don’t. Aspie women are few compared to nts so if the same percentage won’t dste aspie men targeting them seems pointless as they do few aspie women and so few of those who’d dste you and then there’s weather they would like the other non aspies things about you(interests, hobbies, physically looks etc). Better off targeting the few nt women who’d date aspies.
I don’t think most aspie men would reject a compatible female aspie if they met her.

As boo said there’s nt women with issues, strange nt women, and nt women who either grew up with aspie people or had aspie friends and are accepting of aspies.

Nt men are the target for most aspie women as well.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:14 pm

It’s turning into a men vs women thing and was not intended to be so I’ll not argue on that. My point is that NT women might appreciate that advice even if it sounds odd to us as I noticed they did with my XH even if it wasn’t directed at them

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:45 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
It’s turning into a men vs women thing and was not intended to be so I’ll not argue on that. My point is that NT women might appreciate that advice even if it sounds odd to us as I noticed they did with my XH even if it wasn’t directed at them

Nope, it's simply not realistic to expect aspies, regardless of gender, to seek only aspies because they are too rare and too geographically apart around the globe. I've never met another aspie in my life, neither man nor woman.

Also the thing is not printed on people's foreheads.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:04 pm

Um. What are you guys turning this into?

My point was that fifasy’s advice may seem unlikely to work on us (ASd) but on NTs it can work. I mentioned ASd women bcuz the advuce was about women- my other point was to illustrate with an example from personal experience that to an ASD woman like myself it is disconcerting to be spoken to like that (ie that the reaction is the same as the ASD men here have voiced ahead of me) but the majority of NT ladies I saw (who seem to be an ideal anyway as they are more socially adept and perhaps physically know how to adapt themselves to appeal more based on stuff like peer or media pressure) did not seem to mind such talk at all

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:12 pm

Frankly, fifasy’s advice is unlikely to work with any woman who's not into the man already. This in no way can work on a stranger or a mere acquaintance.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:16 pm

Oh maybe. Idk
If someone has the ‘charisma’ (meaningless word but it is palpable in some) maybe they cd make it work
My XH cd make women who met him fr the first time gush over him

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:28 pm

sly279 wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Or the right person does exist----and you will be proven to be incorrect.

That’s just a fantasy

Sly, this isn't a reply to the quote above, but I wanted to talk to you.

If you don't mind telling, what city in Oregon do you live now?

Why?

I wanted to use cost of living calculator to compare your city to mine so I can determine advice for you.