Make your self more atractive to pull make over thread (men)

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 6:55 pm

Hey lonely hearts out there
was thinking to share a few pointers about how to make yourself more attractive in terms of physical appearance
so that you may then have a chance of pulling (even without the personal skills).

I will try and keep this brief, as I do tend to waffle. That's Asperger's for you.
I will try and give a couple of basic points. Keeping to appearance, as I am clueless on social interaction.
Pretty good at being inappropriate though, but that's another story.

(or as the old great Asperger introduction goes, "Hello, I have Asperger, did you know that inappropriate behaviour is part of the symptoms, b@lls, b**locks, W**k, W**K, W**k...)

but anyway....

May I also add that this is a general guide for people who are social outcasts. Sure, there have been loads of people who are successful with woman who aren't conventional, although this often is due to having good social skills and personality or being popular in their own subculture. Although I wonder if the same people were to have make overs, they would be even more popular than they already are.

here are my top tips of the day.

1: Hygiene.
Clean your teeth (at least twice a day, and floss).
Shower / bath daily (at least).
Wash your hair so that it isn't greasy.
Try to get rid of any dandruff.
If you have spots, go to the doctor and get them sorted out.
If you were glasses, get some cool but understated looking glasses that make you look like a cool professor rather than a geek.
Wear clean clothes every day, including and especially your underpants and socks.
Wear deodorant perhaps even a little after shave.
Keep facial hair tidy and clean.

2: Dress.
Take a look at what cool men wear in films and in clothes adverts or adverts for cologne.
They generally don't hang around in hoodies, baggy jeans with their but crack hanging out.

But wear smart shirts, perhaps decent understated suits. Making or tasteful patterns, perhaps a little jewellery.
Perhaps consider buying a decent coat, Leather if you approve of this, or synthetic leather.

Personally now that I am getting older, I am starting to like the mod fashions of the 60s, during the time when wearing
cool suits and clothes was fashionable. although i understand that may not be for everyone.

Again, probably go for understated low key colours and patterns. Sure, wearing far out stuff (and over the years i have worn all sorts of crazy stuff, haven gone to art college, music college and haven been a raver, rocker, reggae fanatic. Anyway, you probably can imagine).

You can still wear some really individualistic clothes that are still smart, which you still get into restaurants, cafe's, bars, and nightclubs in. Just have to pick the right ones.

One tip on shoes, if you like me love wearing sneakers. I generally wear black sneakers, as I can wear them doing practically everything, and if I want to go to a restaurant, bar or night club, especially during the night.
The doormen cant tell if their shoes or sneakers and I never get turned away.

If you are wearing a suit however, I recommend something like Chelsea boots, which are fairly comfortable, easy to put on (as they slip on) and still look quiet cool in a retro kind of way. If you like that kind of thing.

Here is a link to a cool website that I found that sell leather jackets in loads of cool styles.
They also make synthetic versions of most the coats, if you aren't into leather. I for example am a long term vegetarian.
So I don't really want leather. The synthetic versions are also a lot cheaper.

https://www.soulrevolver.com/

3: Sunglasses.
I love sunglasses, and wear them a lot. Partly because i also suffer from sensory impairment, which makes me hypersensitive to light (i'm not a vampire honest...)
But hey, cool sunglasses can make you look cool if you have the rest of your game together.

4: Weight control.
Now, this may sound prejudice, and sure there are people out there who like their partners to be bigger.
But generally speaking, I think trying to be reasonably slim and perhaps even put on a bit of muscle can increase
your chances a fair deal.

I actually believe in many cases (not all) that losing weight for many people can enhance that persons appearance significantly. As most people who are overweight think they look ugly, but in truthfulness, it isn't true.
If the same people were to lose a few stone (not too much now! as looking like your starving to death isn't generally a great look either), they often go from ugly ducklings to beautiful swans, and especially if they have all the other bits together.

So how do you control your weight. Well young Padawan, you must use your mind!
A great deal about losing weight is about controlling what goes into your mouth!
Perhaps consider going to a dietician or weightwatchers (do they have those in the US?)

Cut out junk food apart from on treat days. Try a high protein high fibre diet, or a calorie controlled diet.
Add a regular training routine at the gym, mixing cardio on some days, weights on other days.

If your the courageous fearless type, perhaps considering taking up a boxercise or even a sport jiu jitsu or MMA class
(nothing would shed weight more than those!).

If you want a super easy way to lose weight and you have the money.
You could always book yourself into having cosmetic surgery weight loss op.
As apparently they can suck a lot of your fat out of your belly using liposuction and even more new treatments.
Hey, i would.

Hope that helps. And of course, this is not a strict set of rules, as there are all sorts of other looks
although certain less conventional looks often go with a particular subculture of scene
if you are not part of that scene or you are the only one in your area, then if your objective is to pull
woman from other scenes
they perhaps dress as the people who come from their scene

This often is age specific, so if you are in your 60's, you probably wont be accepted by people
in their early 20s who are goth punks for example just because you turn up wearing similar clothes to them
unless you are a famous rock star or something, which then means that you don't need to play by the rules of
conventional society.

Hope this helps/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 7:49 pm

Hmm ... I wonder if anyone else has ever posted similar advice on this website before ... ;)

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 8:27 pm

What is “pulling “?

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 10:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
Hmm ... I wonder if anyone else has ever posted similar advice on this website before ... ;)

Yes, I know that some of the other members have covered some of the advice on this site before.
Perhaps such a thread should be made sticky, in that it appears to be one of the areas that will always be apparent.
There is however in my own version some extra info which has not been included previously.
I also will post some photos of some generic fashion looks for general use.

As mentioned in the first post, I am not saying that people should be stripped of all their individuality.
Or give up what they are into.
However, if you are suffering from Autism and do not have any clue what so ever, then I am sure some basic advice with some photo examples would be really useful.

I also think the fat loss would be really desirable in many cases and my comment about looks I think is true in probably 80% of cases, in that most people who hold a fair bit of extra weight who have autism including Asperger syndrome
who have never had girl friends may suffer from a poor self image (I know I do to some extent) and think they are super ugly and unlovable.

In most cases I believe that this is not really true and objectively speaking, if each of these people were to lose the extra weight so that they end up within their safe weight range, they would actually be as good looking as the rest of society, in some cases more.

In my experience only some people actually can carry the weight and still look handsome, such as Elvis etc.
Although if you compare the photo's of Elvis when he was slim and in his youth, he was miles better looking that his
fatter self (not saying that people should model themselves on Elvis).

Quiet a few people's features are obscured when their bodies carry extra weight, so by holding all that extra weight
they do end up looking less attractive and thus, based on their lack of attention, they end up getting an obscure or distorted perception of themselves that sticks in their head, as if it is a static attribute that does not change.

However there are factors in the real material world that can be altered to improve their appearance, get attention and cure themselves of their distorted perception.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 10:53 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
What is “pulling “?

No offence meant. I use the UK term Pulling to refer to be successful in attracting a romantic partner and to start a romantic relationship with that person.

Pulling can be a term used in the UK to refer to other romantic activities which are associated to lad pub / nightclub culture, an activity that some woman and men find offensive.

The term is used by all sexes in the UK and isn't necessarily an negative or abusive term.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 11:11 pm

This reminds me of Atypical, when Sam went clothes shopping to ditch his penguin shirt.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 12:49 am

Most the male celebrities who inspire female fantasies are on diets. One of the most popular ones is the 5:2 diet where you eat a normal amount of calories on 5 days and less than 600 on 2 days. Benedict Cumberbatch and Jude Law are both known to have followed that one. 600 calories isn't that much really - it's a small meal. There are also some on the Paleo diet, a vegan diet, the low-carb and the 16:8 (you're only allowed to eat within an 8 hour window each day, for example 1-9 p.m.; the other 16 hours are restricted).

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 4:23 pm

Sure. cool. Yes, I think dieting or at least adopting a healthy diet as part of your lifestyle is an essential part of weight lost/management, especially if you want to do it the healthy way.

I have struggled with weight all my life really, due to various health related reasons. that include anxiety / clinically low testosterone.

I think that such health problems are very common among people with Autism, perhaps due to the cause of autism including Asperger syndrome. Especially anxiety due to the nature of the brain dysfunction.

Interestingly exercise, can also help, and once you start at the gym, which may sound very daunting at the start, can be very energising once started, and once you start, you have more energy generally, sleep better and in my opinion are more likely to keep to a diet. Perhaps because you start to see the results, and as you start going to a gym or class, you will get encouragement from others who also go to the gym. People who go to gyms can often be very positive and a good influence, who will help you get on track and stay on track.

I have a couple of friends also who manage their stressful lives by going to the gym. They use the gym also to fight off their demons, as the gym gives them a constructive purposeful routine, reduced stress, weight loss and in many cases a casual social circle.

I thought I would post a couple of links to some weight loss make overs which I hope will help any one out there who is stuck in a rut. In hope that it will help them realise they can transform themselves if they really want to.

https://www.shape.com/weight-loss/succe ... oss-photos

https://www.health.com/weight-loss/weig ... fore-after?

https://manvfat.com/weight-loss-before-and-after/

Last edited by madbutnotmad on 06 Feb 2019, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 4:46 pm

http://www.oprah.com/style/o-magazines- ... eovers/all

I also thought that it would be useful to put some links to sites that have style makeovers on,
so that people can see the difference.

Now, please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people dressing the way they want.
Or being scruffy. Each to their own. However, if you are serious about attracting woman
or at least one woman. You have to enter their world.

As I leant growing up. The scenes that i was into over the years, which for the most part evolved around certain music genres, generally had less and less woman involved, and thus less opportunities to get girl friends.
In hindsight, if getting a girl friend was a higher priority that fitting in to a niche music scene dominated by men of similar cluelessness. I would have likely been more successful to dress as they expect a man to look.

This doesn't mean you have to give up wearing your hoodies, and slacker clothes all together.
Just wear the other smart casual gear when you are going out on dates or trying to attract woman.

One other comment I thought is useful.
Is. try not to compare yourself too much to top celebrities. Remember super wealthy super successful celebrities live in a different world to us, and are under constant criticism of the world.

There looks in particular are really important to them as a product, and will often determine as to whether they will be picked for a film or not.

Many of them have had cosmetic surgery, have personal trainers and dieticians. So, comparing yourself to them is often unrealistic. We simply do not live in their world of excess.

If you want to get grounded, try searching google for before and after photos of celebrities before and after they had their cosmetic surgery, as this will give you an idea how normal looking many of them really are before they had their ops.

Many of them look like people who I grew up with or who I went to school with before they had their surgery.

Also, films / photographs also are touched up by post production engineers, so celebrities often appear to be flawless and perhaps even Godlike.
When in reality they are not, they are as equally as human as the rest of us, in some cases, more so.

So, please don't let that put you off. Also. The way you look is just simply a part of the laws of attraction.
In long term, its more about personality. As in long term, being with even the most beautiful partner in the world can get boring, unless effort is made. And over time, our imperfect minds have a tendency to search for flaws.
So even the top model in the world will eventually appear to be not that great, and the eye, if not controlled
can have a tendency to wonder.

This is part of our make up we need to exercise some self control.
Or you can lose what you love the most. If it is what you love.

In other cases, you can think what you need is a permanent girl friend or a wife.
but actually not really have the time or patience to take on such a project.

but hey, every person is different and each relationship is also different.
so up to you what you want to do with it. cheers

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 5:05 pm

Some links to Smart Casual Clothing that wont blow the bank:

Awesome Leather and synthetic leather jackets for men and woman:
https://www.soulrevolver.com/

Budget Tailor made Suits
https://www.hockerty.uk/en-uk/men/tailo ... gIhMPD_BwE

https://www.itailor.com/custom-tailor-s ... gLx7PD_BwE

UK reasonably priced Budget Clothing
https://www.next.co.uk/

https://www.bensherman.com/

So you see, you can look cool without having to pay thousands of dollars or pounds for an outfit.
Hope that helps
Thanks

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 5:09 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
This reminds me of Atypical, when Sam went clothes shopping to ditch his penguin shirt.

Sure. Yes, Atypical. Funny show. and fairly informative. Some of the people from the show walked past me once. Funny really, as I live in a tiny island in-between England and France.

But that's the crazy and wacky antics of people in showbiz for you....

Great show though, in all fairness. Must have increased awareness of ASD a fair amount. Especially being in Netflix.
Awesome! I look forward to the next series. More igloo's I wonder....lol

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 5:24 pm

madbutnotmad, are you married? do you have a gf?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 7:38 pm

madbutnotmad, please establish your credentials as an expert on getting laid. (American for "on the pull.")

How many times have you succeeded?

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 11:33 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
madbutnotmad, please establish your credentials as an expert on getting laid. (American for "on the pull.")

How many times have you succeeded?

Hello. Just to be crystal clear.

This thread is for people who are searching for answers in this particular area. I created it for people who may be too shy or embarrassed to ask.

I am 45 year old.
I have lived a varied life, experienced a number of lifestyles.
I have been married for a short painful period (as noted in my first post). I have had girl friends since the age of 16 and over the years I have had a number of girl friends, most of the relationships only lasting short term.

I am not married any more, thank goodness. As the marriage, in my opinion, was flawed due to the wife/wife's family/wife's religion/wife's friends and acquaintances turning out to be meddlesome in a number of ways, who for the most part mistreated me mostly due to their own flaws and mental health problems (and ritual occult practices, not to mention petty criminal behaviourisms) and due to their lack of respect for the symptoms of autism Spectrum disorder that I suffer from.

It was a disaster, but that's another story.
I don't presently have a girl friend, for a number of reasons. Some, being personal preference.

As I am a creative person, who makes music / art, as well as teaching martial arts part time to personal buddies.
So don't really have the time for a normal conventional girl friend or wife. I am not a normal conventional person.
Nor do I want to be.

>>>>
I am not offering advice on being a star woman puller, as I am not myself, nor would I want to be. Not my thing in life. No disrespect to anyone who has that lifestyle, just not my personal preference.

To put it plain and simple.
I am simply trying to help people who are in need, and not judge, or hurt people. Why anyone would have a problem with me doing this, I am not too sure.

I am not here to troll people, make personal attacks, sadistic remarks or put downs.
I feel I have explained myself fairly comprehensively at the start of the thread and in this response post, which is without prejudice. I do not believe that I have done anything that breaches code of conduct on this forum for starting this thread, nor in terms of media law (libel) by expressing my personal opinion on a subject and by exercising my right to freedom of speech. A fundamental element of the United States of America's constitution, from what I have read.

I am here to help people who want some basic help/pointers in this area, and am drawing on 30 years of life experience. If you don't need help in this area, or the information I have given you already know. I recommend you simply move on.

I also recommend that you consider that there may be people out there who would benefit from the information given on this thread that this information may indeed help some improve their life. This would be the best outcome in terms of productivity with regards to this thread.

Other than that... May I say...

May all sentient beings be happy.

Om mani padme hum!

(another pedantic answer to your question about the credentials I have to express my freedom of speech in starting this thread to help people, would for me to ask you the same, What credentials or motivation do you have to ask what credentials I have to author such a thread. But that of course would be simply antagonistic and counter productive in terms of helping this unwell universe of infinite complexity get better....).

Like I say, better to say "Om mani padme hum!"

wish the darkness gone...!

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 12:22 am

Well, the advice you gave (besides being obvious and freely available all over the net) seems to have given you naught but short-term relationships leaving you single at midlife. I don't think that's what most of our guys are looking for. But thank you for sharing.