When YouTube Red-Pills the Love of Your Life

Page 1 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 12:15 am

An interesting article I just found about hate movement recruitment and how it is impacting romantic relationships:

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 11:52 am

This has very little to do with relationships and much to do with the general direction of White European society. These sorts are on a path to extinction anyway.

Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:27 pm

MaxE wrote:
This has very little to do with relationships and much to do with the general direction of White European society. These sorts are on a path to extinction anyway.

How does it have little to do with relationships? The article is specifically about how online radicalization can ruin romantic relationships when guys get sucked into a cesspit of hateful rhetoric, because they can't contain it and it seeps out into their lives and into their relationships with women. It's a cautionary tale, that I think is important for guys on these forums to hear about because they are vulnerable to this kind of radicalization and they should be informed about how if that happens it might impact their lives negatively and their ability to have relationships with women. I think that makes it very relevant to this subforum.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 5:55 pm

I wish people would stop saying that white Europeans are on the verge of extinction.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 7:04 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
MaxE wrote:

How does it have little to do with relationships? The article is specifically about how online radicalization can ruin romantic relationships when guys get sucked into a cesspit of hateful rhetoric, because they can't contain it and it seeps out into their lives and into their relationships with women. It's a cautionary tale, that I think is important for guys on these forums to hear about because they are vulnerable to this kind of radicalization and they should be informed about how if that happens it might impact their lives negatively and their ability to have relationships with women. I think that makes it very relevant to this subforum.
To me this has more to do with a certain category of person who is stupid enough to be influenced by people who post videos on YouTube. As for myself, I gain most of my knowledge of the world by reading, in fact when I click on a link on a news site and discover that the related "content" is in the form of a video, I become annoyed and I never watch the video (odds are I am on my lunch break in an office and am not about to do that surrounded by coworkers anyway). My impression is that such people are cognitively impaired, although I admit that is a slight exaggeration. It's true however that my mental image of such a person is of a white guy who somehow manages to live on his own despite having few marketable job skills, in other words this guy would be on the street were white privilege to suddenly go away.

As for relationships, I think the woman in the article should simply leave this guy then there wouldn't BE a relationship. There are plenty of unattached decent men in the world she could be with. Most men are NOT influenced by this kind of YouTube bμllsh!t so I can't see this as some sort of societal plague along the lines of the "opioid crisis". That's why I reacted to your post as I did.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish people would stop saying that white Europeans are on the verge of extinction.
My apologies, that statement was hyperbole. I would take such talk more seriously if the speaker were non-white, nevertheless I can become quite disgusted when white people in general, who have for centuries assumed themselves to be more intelligent than the "inferior races" show so little sign of native intelligence. I could say that if they wanted to become extinct then many seem to be doing everything in their power to achieve that.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 7:32 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
OK here's a 2nd reply regarding a specific situation. Consider the Gilets Jaunes movement in France, where white suburban French have caused a historically extreme degree of civil unrest in Paris (worst in 50 years) because of a gasoline tax intended to combat climate change, and these protesters are largely driven by French people on YouTube who tell them that climate change is an elitist hoax. Consider:

https://youtu.be/dCrkqLaYjnc

(NOTE: above is not a Frenchman)

https://youtu.be/5Bu_tEq4rys

Of course this sort of extinction would affect all humanity not just whites, but these particular white folks seem eager for it.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 7:46 am

Just goes to show radicalization isn't limited to religious ideology and can take a loving partner away in a number of circumstances.

@MaxE you're entitled to your view but it's got nothing to do with the the thread and it's coming out a bit racist. Knock it off, dude.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:06 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Just goes to show radicalization isn't limited to religious ideology and can take a loving partner away in a number of circumstances.
Calling this "radicalization" grants too much dignity to the phenomenon. It's not equivalent to radical feminism, for example, it's anti-social bordering on criminal.
TheSpectrum wrote:
@MaxE you're entitled to your view but it's got nothing to do with the the thread and it's coming out a bit racist. Knock it off, dude.
I have always felt that being white, and having benefited from white privilege more than once, entitles me to say what I want about white people as a group. You don't have to agree with that, but that's my personal mishegas. There may also be cultural (UK vs. North America) differences contributing to our respective points of view. Peace.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:55 am

The problem in your argument is you are picking and choosing what can and can't be radicalised as an ideology based on your personal viewpoint and gender bias. Any ideology can be made I to an extreme version of itself and have people radicalised to it.

And,being a white American doesn't prevent you from being racist towards white Europeans. Or at the very least xenophobic towards people of other nations, especially when they are not responsible for their ancestors, as much as you are not. Please stop trying to justify your opinion. I'm not saying we have to agree but there is a certain level of mutual respect we're expected to uphold here, including to people of other ethnic origins, same skin tone or not. You also don't get get to cancel out what you said with "peace." I mean, you just made it clear you're indifferent to the extinction of an ethnic group you disagree with, that many WP regulars belong to. Feel free to have your opinion, just don't double down on it when it's clearly against the house rules, no matter how right it "feels" or how virtuous you believe you will be when you say or share it. :|

Last edited by TheSpectrum on 18 Feb 2019, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:09 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
The problem in your argument is you are picking and choosing what can and can't be radicalised as an ideology based on your personal viewpoint and gender bias. Any ideology can be made I to an extreme version of itself and have people radicalised to it.

And,being a white American doesn't prevent you from being racist towards white Europeans. Or at the very least xenophobic towards people of other nations, especially when they are not responsible for their ancestors, as much as you are not. Please stop trying to justify your opinion. I'm not saying we have to agree but there is a certain level of mutual respect we're expected to uphold here, including to people of other ethnic origins, same skin tone or not. You also don't get get to cancel out what you said with "peace." I mean, you just made it clear you're indifferent to the extinction of an ethnic group you disagree with, that many WP regulars belong to. Feel free to have your opinion, just don't double down on it when it's clearly against the house rules, no matter how right it "feels" or how gratifying you believe you will be when you say or share it. :|
I entirely understand and respect your opinion. Peace out.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:39 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
An interesting article I just found about hate movement recruitment and how it is impacting romantic relationships:

It's a pretty nasty story.

Still, I wouldn't lump right-wing and RedPill like that. I'm sure you can be right-wing and hate RedPill ideology, and left-wing and be interested in it. There is already too much polarization in our society, so let's do everybody a favor and don't extend it to more things.

Personally, I'm neither left-wing nor right-wing, and I agree to parts of left-wing arguments and parts of right-wing. For instance, I find the large migration from the Middle East and Africa into Europe horrible, mostly because it will affect NDs in a bad way. I think society should be fair & equal, but I don't believe in extreme forms of feminism that can't accept natural differences between men and women that we should celebrate instead of trying to eradicate. I don't believe anything good will come from globalism and the only reasonable solution to the environmental issues means we must travel less and produce food and things locally.

I'd enjoy having intellectual & political discussions with my partner, but I'd always be accepting of differences in our opinions, and I would certainly not expect her to accept my opinions as the only valid ones. In fact, a good discussion is often driven by mutual respect and some basic differences in values & opinions.

It's a bit sad that a few of my friends at Facebook with left-wing preferences either unfriended me or stopped reading my posts after I presented some of my right-wing preferences. They were truly unable to discuss these topics, or even accept that somebody held them. That's where polarization has taken us.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:52 am

I don't see how "friending" someone obligates you to read their posts.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 10:57 am

BTDT wrote:
I don't see how "friending" someone obligates you to read their posts.

I don't think that was the issue. The issue was that we had productive discussions on Facebook up until they understood that I was anti-migration, and then they suddenly either unfriended me or ignored everything. I don't think that was just a coincidence.

Still, this is not how everybody that was left-wing behaved, but some of them did.

Anyway, this was just an example of the reverse scenario. I'm sure left-wing people enjoy to read about right-wing guys that are full of sh*t (and I agree he did act really sh***y), but it goes both ways. When left-wing and right-wing people are in relationships, they need to be accepting of each other's different opinions and just assuming you can force the other to accept your views as valid will surely make the relationship fail. However, if you are accepting of differences, it can still work.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:26 pm

MaxE wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
OK here's a 2nd reply regarding a specific situation. Consider the Gilets Jaunes movement in France, where white suburban French have caused a historically extreme degree of civil unrest in Paris (worst in 50 years) because of a gasoline tax intended to combat climate change, and these protesters are largely driven by French people on YouTube who tell them that climate change is an elitist hoax. Consider:

https://youtu.be/dCrkqLaYjnc

(NOTE: above is not a Frenchman)

https://youtu.be/5Bu_tEq4rys

Of course this sort of extinction would affect all humanity not just whites, but these particular white folks seem eager for it.

This is off topic and not relevant to my thread. Please stop derailing it with points about white people. I didn't put this in PPR for a reason.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:29 pm

I think people need to have similar basic beliefs, as in their moral code and the source of their political leanings, for a relationship to work. Like, if one person wants children and the other person is an anti-natalist, their relationship is doomed because whether they have kids or not one of them is going to be very unhappy about it and it will create a rift that will keep growing. You have to have enough in common in regards to what you believe and what you want out of life to be able to make choices for your shared life together, otherwise the relationship will fall apart.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 5:48 pm

I think women now need to me more explicit in their intentions, as suggested by Cosmo and other sources of dating advice to women. They can't wait passively like they did before, if they want an active love life.