13 girls ask boy to homecoming dance after rejection

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 3:17 pm

Not a new story but...

but don't ever do such public proposals guys!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 1:35 am

Creepy

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 2:29 am

I wonder if he ended up dating one of these girls.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 4:01 am

Doubt it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Mar 2019, 6:08 am

It seems like they they only asked him cuz they felt sorry for him for being rejected. It would be one thing if they were talking about how brave he was for asking the way he did & how his way of asking was sweet but this sounds like pity date asking rather than doing it cuz they admire the guy or respect him or something for his method.
I wish I could of gotten a pity date like that for being publicly rejected but I would of saw it for what it was but I still would of been interested for the experience since I never done the whole dating thing & there would of been a very slim chance the girl would of been open to seeing me again if I would of tried my absolute best.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 6:20 am

My theory is that one of the girls has a crush on him and planned that with her friends, otherwise why would they bother?

I don't believe they did it out of pure kindness, no one ever cared for the unpopular bullying victims.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 2:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
My theory is that one of the girls has a crush on him and planned that with her friends, otherwise why would they bother?

I don't believe they did it out of pure kindness, no one ever cared for the unpopular bullying victims.

For the publicity. They semi famous now.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 5:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I agree with you on why propose in such a public way , this kid has got a lot to learn.

I think they did do it out of kindness or perhaps pity , a nice gesture none the less , plus a possible orgy at the end of the night - result :wtg:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 2:58 pm

The guy has guts, I'll give him that.

Asking in front of everyone though, no. You end up looking like a fool if you get rejected and I wouldn't trust if she had said yes because she would have been under a lot of pressure!

I would say no to the 13 girls cause I know and everyone else would as well that those would most likely be pity dates. I would have too much pride to go on a pity date.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 3:00 pm

13 girls ask boy to homecoming dance after rejection ... ?

Whose reality was this in?

Yeah, I know there's a video, but there's a video of Luke Skywalker blowing up the Death Star, too!

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 10:18 pm

The idea of 13 girls going to a dance with a guy who just got rejected seems a bit fishy, almost against nature/evolution. If my experience and personal reading taught me anything, it's that if girls see you get rejected, they'll want nothing to do with you. Even---make that "especially"---if they feel sorry for you. So at best, those girls asked him out as a gesture of kindness. Which is nothing bad. Did they actually dance with him? Yes. How did they dance with him? Well... A standard partner dance, why not. But I'm sure anything with full-body contact, like slow-dancing, was out of the question. And forget about sneaking off together to a dark corner to... I'm going to say "make out", to keep things PG; not a chance! So even if he went with a date, it feels like something is missing. Even though he was OK-looking in the video and the girls were too, so at least they won't look mismatched while dancing.

All this "giving the downtrodden guy some special attention" seems like a Generation Z/Post-Millennial thing. Back when I was in high school, it wouldn't happen in a million years. Quite the opposite: a guy who got publicly rejected would be catching heat for it until he graduated or changed schools. Maybe our society isn't as far in the toilet as I like to think.

You know, this brings back two memories for me. First, the bad one. I was in college, and friends with a guy who got sex any time he wanted. We were both 21 or 22. He had four friends with benefits and many girls he hooked up with at least once. One night, he invited me to a club with him, and promised he'd bring girls to dance with me. Going against my better judgment, I said OK. He came with three girls; no clue where he met them. Heck, he probably had sex with all of them that day. Well, the girls danced with me like he said, and props to them for not having nauseated looks on their faces. (Back then, I was so ugly, I made Quasimodo look like George Clooney in comparison.) And yet, the difference in how they danced with me versus with my friend was glaring beyond glaring; no need to specify how. When I got home that night, I tossed and turned for over an hour before falling into an uneasy sleep.

Now, the good one. I was on a cruise. One day, I got back to the ship from a port of call, and was putzing around the pier. I stood with the ship's bow behind me, and was about to take a selfie. Suddenly, two girls I recognized but never spoke to came up to me and said: "Hey, we've seen you around the ship. Are you cruising solo?" I said "yeah". They got into my selfie, put their hands on my shoulders, and told me to take the picture. Afterwards, they said: "Now your friends back home will wish they joined you. See you around", and walked off. It was minor gesture, but it made my day! I was a stranger to those girls, and yet, they had the friendly goodwill and the social brilliance to help make me look really cool.

To get back on topic, which scenario did the rejected guy and the 13 girls resemble: the bad one or the good one?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Mar 2019, 11:12 pm

AquaineBay wrote:

Asking in front of everyone though, no. You end up looking like a fool if you get rejected and I wouldn't trust if she had said yes because she would have been under a lot of pressure!
If she would of said Yes due to the pressure & had no intention of meaning it, she would of faced flack for not going to the dance with him cuz the whole skewl would of known that she said Yes & didn't go with him.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2019, 6:25 am

nick007 wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

If she would of said Yes due to the pressure & had no intention of meaning it, she would of faced flack for not going to the dance with him cuz the whole skewl would of known that she said Yes & didn't go with him.

Sadly, it depends entirely on how attractive and popular the guy is. If he is, then yes, the girl would catch heat for not going with him. Otherwise, no one would blame her, and he'd be branded a loser. Such is evolution.