Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 2:15 pm

So I was telling this female friend about my upcoming date this weekend.

She got upset and said she wanna delete my number; I asked her why and she told me she was interested in me before and she was like "I got tired looking for someone, it's all useless"

I told her it will be just a first date with me, that doesn't meant I am already in relationship with her, and she was like "I don't want to be an obstacle". I told her she won't be and she was like "yes, I will if I stay in contact with you". Oh.

Duh! Why she kept it that long!

She acted so cold with me before, never ever showed any obvious sign to me; but she's really a good person and I feel it would be a waste of great opportunity if I don't try it with this one too. When I suggested a date with her she was like "Stick to dating one, don't be a playboy" but I am not being a player! I am not in relationship with anyone yet! I don't understand people. Any ideas how can I convince her otherwise?

hurltoam, you are not allowed to comment in this thread. :mrgreen:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 2:19 pm

Who's hurltoam? :scratch:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 2:21 pm

umm.... f**k the iphone virtual keyboards.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 2:22 pm

Perhaps you could tell her you will cancel the date you have with this other person if she will go on a date with you? Give her first dibs on the Boo.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 5:02 pm

She sounds overly emotional, or maybe I mean has labile emotions. Anyway, I probably wouldn't go there, I have enough problems in my life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 5:07 pm

Agree with Bea.

She's not the type of woman I would want to date----always changing her mind!

I happen to dig stalwart women.....

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Mar 2019, 4:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
umm.... f**k the iphone virtual keyboards.

And the iphone virtual keyboards don't get jealous!

My opinion: Her ways of communicating emotions are not compatibile with ASD literal thinking. You are not a match.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 6:43 pm

Meh...Boo, like you said, it's just a first date. If you like this girl, just tell her you went out and you weren't really feeling it. Ask HER out now that you know how she feels and see if it looks like something that might work out.

I don't think we know enough to say whether it's a compatibility thing, so I have to disagree with Bea and magz.

You know what she sounds like to me? She sounds like someone who thinks you're TRYING to make her jealous and she's just playing a role. Either that, or she just likes you as a friend (like, ACTUALLY likes you, not that so-called "friend zone" crap) and is just saying stuff like that to make you feel good. I dunno. If I were in your position, I'd take the bait and see what she says. If I try, and no matter what I do, I absolutely CANNOT get a date with her, I'd know she wasn't really serious to begin with.

You're not quite at a stage yet, IMO, that you want to get too serious, too fast, with ANYONE. You're gonna find as time passes that serious relationships are difficult to avoid, at which point you won't avoid them anymore.

Rad Rockit
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2019, 6:50 pm

If she utters the phrase "it's not like I like you or anything, baka!" Run. As fast as you can.