Is this a good sign that she likes me

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2019, 1:44 am

I am part of this college program called The Key Center and every week on Tuesday, there is a meeting where we pretty much discuss what is going on in our personal lives, school and stuff like that. In the past, I just went when I needed to but this time I decided to go to more of them and for 3 weeks straight, this pretty girl keeps sitting next to me even when there is empty seats. Heck, last time a friend of hers asked her to sit next to her and she turned it down then proceed to sit next to me again. Of course, I am going to need to talk to her for a more accurate reading of attraction but is that a good sign or may I making too much out of nothing?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 5:08 pm

It's a sign she doesn't hate you!

Recommend you get to know her a bit.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 6:26 pm

Introduce yourself :D

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2019, 11:12 pm

enz wrote:
Recommend you get to know her a bit.

Yeah I know, I mention this in my post.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2019, 11:15 pm

enz wrote:
Introduce yourself :D

Got any tips? maybe from real life experiences you can give me?

enz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:47 am

Keep it casual and low key (less is more) Friendly but not over commiting.

Introduce yourself and maybe follow with a question

Don't worry about trying to win her over, you'll either be her type or you wont be. You might not have much control of this anyway if you're like me

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 6:42 am

I don't think it's a substantial enough sign to deduce that she's interested in you romantically, but it's an encouraging start. It does mean though that she's less likely to blow you off if you try to start a conversation with her. Try talking to her and cultivating rapport with her and see what happens. Don't get your hopes up about anything and don't go into the interaction with any expectations, and let us know how it goes.

Start with subjects of mutual relevance or situational appropriateness and then go with the flow of the conversation. Be sure to give her plenty of time and opportunities to talk about herself and her life and show her you're interested in what she has to say. If you feel comfortable doing so, and it's genuine, maybe even give her a compliment.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 8:56 am

Ask her how she likes what's going on in the meeting.

Or ask if she has brothers/sisters.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 4:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Or ask if she has brothers/sisters.

Maybe not a first question

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2019, 2:34 am

enz wrote:
Keep it casual and low key (less is more) Friendly but not over commiting.

Introduce yourself and maybe follow with a question

Don't worry about trying to win her over, you'll either be her type or you wont be. You might not have much control of this anyway if you're like me

Ok thanks for the help

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2019, 2:36 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
I don't think it's a substantial enough sign to deduce that she's interested in you romantically, but it's an encouraging start. It does mean though that she's less likely to blow you off if you try to start a conversation with her. Try talking to her and cultivating rapport with her and see what happens. Don't get your hopes up about anything and don't go into the interaction with any expectations, and let us know how it goes.

Start with subjects of mutual relevance or situational appropriateness and then go with the flow of the conversation. Be sure to give her plenty of time and opportunities to talk about herself and her life and show her you're interested in what she has to say. If you feel comfortable doing so, and it's genuine, maybe even give her a compliment.

This is good help

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 5:50 am

What sort of program is this? A religious group? A support group for people diagnosed with autism?

I would have a better idea what sort of approach would work, given the purpose of these meetings.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2019, 3:34 am

MaxE wrote:
What sort of program is this? A religious group? A support group for people diagnosed with autism?

I would have a better idea what sort of approach would work, given the purpose of these meetings.

It's a school program for either first-generation students or middle age students (low income is another requirement). There is a room full of computers and counselors and there is a weekly meeting.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2019, 5:02 am

KanyeWestFan wrote:
MaxE wrote:

It's a school program for either first-generation students or middle age students (low income is another requirement). There is a room full of computers and counselors and there is a weekly meeting.
Well this situation will require some social skills. It seems this girl might not have the best social skills herself, so she may be less judgmental. If there's somewhere you can walk to after this meeting (I might suggest Starbucks except that could be problem if she doesn't think she can afford that). But that would give you a more comfortable situation in which to talk with her. Any sort of question about herself might be a good starting point, as long as you don't run the risk of asking her something she might be embarrassed to talk about e.g. too many questions about her family, considering her family situation could be something she's not proud of.

KanyeWestFan
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2019, 12:11 am

MaxE wrote:
KanyeWestFan wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Well this situation will require some social skills. It seems this girl might not have the best social skills herself, so she may be less judgmental. If there's somewhere you can walk to after this meeting (I might suggest Starbucks except that could be problem if she doesn't think she can afford that). But that would give you a more comfortable situation in which to talk with her. Any sort of question about herself might be a good starting point, as long as you don't run the risk of asking her something she might be embarrassed to talk about e.g. too many questions about her family, considering her family situation could be something she's not proud of.

My college has a knock-off Starbucks on campus and it's cheaper than regular Starbucks. I will ask her about the meetings like "do you like them coming to" or "what do you like most about them"

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 5:16 pm

Sooo, did you talk to her? What happened?