Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 6:03 pm

Well I'm growing my hair out because frankly I hate getting it cut and have for as long as I remember.

I don't know why I bother worrying about these things because its been 4 years since my last date, but I'm wondering how this will affect my perception with the ladies? Will they make any assumptions about me based on my hair length?

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 6:06 pm

I'm not a woman, but in most cases, for me guy with long hair = neglect of grooming and hygiene. There are a few exceptions, though.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 7:15 pm

https://www.quora.com/Do-girls-like-lon ... ir-on-guys
lots of viewpoints here

Whatever makes you the most confident with women.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 11:20 pm

It largely depends what it looks like.

Longer hair can look good on some guys, and others not as much. But beyond that is how well you care for it.

You might hate getting your hair cut but long hair still requires occasional trims. Hair can get dry, split and the longer it gets the more common split ends are. If your hair has a ton of split ends it will look and feel like junk. On the other side of that, long oily/greasy hair is also really unappealing.

I tend to be rather confounded by some guys who will have long hair but can only seem to figure out how to even use a brush like once a month???

So if you take care of it I don't think it'd be a detractor.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 11:26 pm

I'm not a woman either, but my perception is that guys with long hair look more feminine, unless they have a masculine physique or facial structure, or a beard.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2019, 11:29 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I'm not a woman, but in most cases, for me guy with long hair = neglect of grooming and hygiene. There are a few exceptions, though.

Does a woman with long hair elicit the same perception?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 1:48 am

I've always liked long hair and I think there are a lot of women who do. Granted my boyfriend doesn't have long hair, his hair is kind of receding so he doesn't want to grow it out and prefers more of a mohawk style. But I still think long hair looks good on guys.

Some people might judge it negatively but you probably would not want to date women in that category.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 1:51 am

Prometheus18 wrote:

That is ridiculous, I mean if its greasy, dirty long hair that could be a fair conclusion, but based on long hair alone?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 1:58 am

BTDT wrote:
https://www.quora.com/Do-girls-like-long-hair-or-short-hair-on-guys
lots of viewpoints here

Whatever makes you the most confident with women.

^that is true.

I was watching a british show about people going through dating agencies, to try and find a relationship. Well one guy who had pretty nice looking hair under the advice of his maybe not best advice giving friend he got a buzz cut that he didn't like...and it was obvious he was uncomfortable with that hair cut, like his body language was more confident before. But unfortunately he got that hair cut right before his date so he had no choice but to go on the date with this haircut he felt weird in. And the girl ended up not wanting to pursue any relationship(it may have happened either way, but perhaps if he had kept the hair he was comfortable in, he may have expressed himself better and kept her interest).

Though he did also mention weddings right away, like he was just trying to break the ice I think, but the first thing he talked about on the date was that...He talked about how he wanted some big 'bollywood' esque wedding with guests and ect like right off. Then asked what her dream wedding would be and she just kind of said she wasn't sure but probably not something too big. So that may have also been what put her off...I mean she just met him and he jumped into talking about all his dream wedding plans so she may have figured he'd want to jump right into marrige which she wasn't ready for.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 2:02 am

back in the days where everybody had long hair, hair got in the way all the time
nowadays it seem the more selfobsessed have it, the guys who ignore you even when they're in your house
did they think i'd fall on the floor in admiration?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 2:41 am

traven wrote:
back in the days where everybody had long hair, hair got in the way all the time
nowadays it seem the more selfobsessed have it, the guys who ignore you even when they're in your house
did they think i'd fall on the floor in admiration?

??? I am having a hard time understanding how the video relates to the text of this post...a guy who doesn't even have long hair makes a weird video with a wig and a headband, means guys with long hair go into your house and expect you to fall on the floor in admiration? Or is this more one guy with long hair you dated did that...so you assume any guy with long hair will act like that...?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 3:07 am

periodically i stop cutting my hair, since late childhood. most recently, i stopped in 2013 and never went back to cutting it, in two years it stabilized at mid-back, no more. that tells me that those people in the musical "hair" were right when they said "no need to cut it, it stops by itself." :afro: but i must reveal a bit of anti-PC bigotry here in that i never cared for the sight of somebody like fabio who, with his twinkish blond tresses framing his uber-masculine blockiness, is a striking visual contradiction, IMHO he'd look "more appropriate" with a butch haircut. some people can pull off a good long hair look better than others. some people look good no matter what hair [even with none] style they choose. keanu reeves is one such genetically gifted specimen.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 3:30 am

I'm with Arnold J Rimmer... sensible haircuts all round.
If you grow it long and are going bald on top, you'll look like a Klingon... not good. If you're not going bald on top, you'll look like an ageing 70's rocker... also not good.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 3:37 am

the main reason i stopped cutting it was two-fold- first, my flowbee [vacuum hair cutter device] broke for the umpteenth time and i just grew weary of disassembling it yet again to figure out how to fix it. 2nd reason was as a subtle protest against conservatives, similar to why dick cavett grew out his sideburns in the 50s.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Mar 2019, 3:58 am

My husband grew long hair in his 30s, after his hairline receded quite significantly...
He clips his hair Vesemir-like
for comfort (my husband's hair is not grey but hair clipped like this with receded hairline resembles this character a lot to me) and I find it super-masculine. But I believe the most important part is that this is his self-expression. Someone wearing hair like that for reasons other that they like wearing their hair like that wouldn't have any attractive vibe about it.

As hor hygiene, it's a myth. Long hair, beard, body hair - there is nothing unhygienic about them if you wash them regularily.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2019, 4:06 am

^ Your husband looks like a big question mark.