He asked me to help clean his new home?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ToWhomItMayConcern
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2019, 6:54 pm

We never been out yet just texting and for our first date he asked me to help him clean his new house hes moving into. He said he needs help painting and dusting.

I kind of want to cancel now. But I feel guilty for not helping. We've been talking for only a few weeks.... 8O

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2019, 7:02 pm

Sounds like he wants a maid or someone else you'd hire to do house-work, rather than a date. That's not someone or something you need to feel the least bit guilty about canceling over. There are better men out there, go out w/one of them. Good luck!

ToWhomItMayConcern
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2019, 7:06 pm

breaks0 wrote:
Sounds like he wants a maid or someone else you'd hire to do house-work, rather than a date. That's not someone or something you need to feel the least bit guilty about canceling over. There are better men out there, go out w/one of them. Good luck!

Fast reply

Haha I think you're right. I'm going to cancel :)

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:10 pm

Sounds fishy to me. You hardly know him, probably a good idea to meet people in public for the first time.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:14 pm

Knowing guys lately, he's basically just showing off.

House painting is not the kind of thing I text for help with. A reasonable guy would not pin this on you. Maybe they would mention it in passing but this strikes me as less than chivalrous.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:23 pm

Wow. Not only is he a jerk, but he's not even trying to hide it.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:26 pm

Pro tip: guys our age who make enough cash to buy houses in this global economy are mostly ALL jerks. There's practically no other way it's possible to get so far ahead.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Apr 2019, 7:30 pm

Is there a chance he's thinking about having you move in with him :?: I could understand a guy wanting his girl to help him with the house they're both moving into but this is something that really NEEDS to be discussed before asking for the help. If not which I think is the most likely option is that he's a total asshat & you should cancel.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:32 pm

Ask yourself, what's the likelihood this guy is $100,000 dollars richer than me, at least, all because he's such a great guy?

Just my 2 cents but I think financial self-sufficiency is usually obtained via self-importance these days. You need a day off more than this guy needs your elbow grease.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:36 pm

Are you friggin' serious LOL

I wouldn't have the nerve to ask a woman whom I dating to clean my house!

Sounds like the guy wants you as a maid.

Run.....fast!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:37 pm

cberg wrote:
Pro tip: guys our age who make enough cash to buy houses in this global economy are mostly ALL jerks. There's practically no other way it's possible to get so far ahead.

Perhaps I am being paranoid, but the first thing to come to mind after reading this was Ted Bundy putting on a fake cast, disarming a young innocent woman with a smile and preying on their good will to get them to a secluded area because he had bad intentions.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 7:42 pm

I wouldn't even ask women to wash my car & we all know that's the greatest cliche in the book.

:lol:

Tell him to put on a French maid outfit & clean everything you own. Plenty of guys, myself included, would jump at the chance.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 9:58 pm

0.o

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 10:11 pm

*goes off to rewrite his ads on craigslist*

There Are Four Lights!

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2019, 3:13 am

To me, it sounded like a way to get OP back to his place more than he was trying to get maid service out of her. The woman I first dated asked me to help her paint her condo (10 years ago); she just didn't have a lot of time to spare and it was something we could do together.

I agree with others in this thread, though--it's too early for that. I'd want to have more, y'know, traditional dates in well-lit public areas to actually get to know the person first.

cberg wrote:

Doing productive work consistently with a positive attitude, spending enough time on hobbies and interests that other people value to be able to talk about them instead of myself, making compromises, etc. I make less than the national US mean, but my friend seriously asked me to buy his (small) house and these have all contributed to being able to do that, as opposed to refusing any of the above for my twenties.