Can't stop thinking about an Asperger's girl at work...

Page 3 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 2:26 am

SnPx wrote:
No updates. Nothing is going to happen with R. Time and weed has reduced the intensity of my feelings for her and my sanity appears to be returning.
I'm trying to rediscover the things about my GF that I'd forgotten.
Maybe I can carry on with the life I have, maybe it's time for something else.
Whatever the future is it's not going to be with R.

Get a hobby mate

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 2:28 am

MeganMaxwell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MeganMaxwell wrote:
just stay with your GF and use her...

Using people doesn't lead to happy long term or stable relationships

Oh come now this guy B is going to stay with his GF and she is going to feel his betrayal even if he hasn’t acted on it and essentially become a controlling jealous nut case which will make R look well mild.... we’ve all seen this a thousand times. But that’s the route and a person needs to experience it for themselves until u can see it in others it’s just a matter of how much of it B can handle or rather how much time he wastes. Argh love hey my poor characters.

This strategic stuff is counterintuitive if B loves his current GF. If he doesn't lover her then he is just stringing her along because he's scared of being alone. So that is "using".

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2019, 4:07 am

SnPx wrote:
No updates. Nothing is going to happen with R. Time and weed has reduced the intensity of my feelings for her and my sanity appears to be returning.
I'm trying to rediscover the things about my GF that I'd forgotten.
Maybe I can carry on with the life I have, maybe it's time for something else.
Whatever the future is it's not going to be with R.

That’s great! Much more convenient you won’t have to move ... at all ...

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2019, 4:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
MeganMaxwell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
MeganMaxwell wrote:
just stay with your GF and use her...

Using people doesn't lead to happy long term or stable relationships

Oh come now this guy B is going to stay with his GF and she is going to feel his betrayal even if he hasn’t acted on it and essentially become a controlling jealous nut case which will make R look well mild.... we’ve all seen this a thousand times. But that’s the route and a person needs to experience it for themselves until u can see it in others it’s just a matter of how much of it B can handle or rather how much time he wastes. Argh love hey my poor characters.

This strategic stuff is counterintuitive if B loves his current GF. If he doesn't lover her then he is just stringing her along because he's scared of being alone. So that is "using".

Yeah she’s probably using him too he’ll be fine he’s a big boy he’s nearly 40!

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2019, 4:42 am

Actually if u have time or if you’ve seen pen o friend (he writes so well) around I need some advice myself.

To get over my own situation bizarrely with a “R” I made a let’s call him a pen pal (yes the old school letter writing kind), now my pen pal and I are similar in that we are both massive jumpers in life. So that being so he’s decided he’s coming across the world in October (most ppl I would think knowing someone for 4 hours would travel to the other side of the world but this guy is different.... like a real jumper...) only problem is I... like B want what I can’t have and what I want is a nicely quarantined relationship that I can pick up and drop off and just do a whole lot of crazy s**t with without having to do the day to day stuff... like see the northern lights, build igloos he’s incredibly physical which is nice but you know.... I don’t feel that connection.. the horrible gut wrenching churn.... anyway don’t want to lose him either.. it’s another mess

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 5:21 am

Ahh I remember being single and doing crazy spontaneous stuff...those were the days...

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2019, 5:37 am

cyberdad wrote:
Ahh I remember being single and doing crazy spontaneous stuff...those were the days...

Ok ok maybe it’s not as bad as I think... everyone I’ve told so far has kinda gulped air... the other problem is he’ll expect to stay with me Jeepers I just wanted someone to go down a river with and potentially see play with a crocodile

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2019, 6:11 am

cyberdad wrote:

So cyberdad tell me ever hitched hiked around a country? Ur old! Must have been socially acceptable back then right?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 1:37 am

MeganMaxwell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

So cyberdad tell me ever hitched hiked around a country? Ur old! Must have been socially acceptable back then right?

old!! WTH! yeah not long to go before I press the reset button :mrgreen:

I travelled for about three years through Asia and earned money teaching English and stuff...it was quite interesting but I look back and perhaps I wasted three years which I could have developed my career

My dad took an Holden ute around Australia and hitchhiked back in 1970 with a bunch of dudes. Yep in those days it was a right of passage, nowadays with cheap flights young Aussie males go spend a year in UK (we basically run all the bars in London).

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2019, 4:01 am

cyberdad wrote:
MeganMaxwell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

old!! WTH! yeah not long to go before I press the reset button :mrgreen:

I travelled for about three years through Asia and earned money teaching English and stuff...it was quite interesting but I look back and perhaps I wasted three years which I could have developed my career

My dad took an Holden ute around Australia and hitchhiked back in 1970 with a bunch of dudes. Yep in those days it was a right of passage, nowadays with cheap flights young Aussie males go spend a year in UK (we basically run all the bars in London

Teaching in Asia gee that must have been interesting I’m applying for international job atm gotta hit the reset button in life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 4:40 am

MeganMaxwell wrote:
Teaching in Asia gee that must have been interesting I’m applying for international job atm gotta hit the reset button in life.

Would recommend Japan or South Korea if your a female. It's really really clean, safe and lots of opportunity for work over there.

I did my three years tour of duty in Malaysia and Singapore.

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2019, 5:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
MeganMaxwell wrote:

Would recommend Japan or South Korea if your a female. It's really really clean, safe and lots of opportunity for work over there.

I did my three years tour of duty in Malaysia and Singapore.

Lol I doubt it will be Asia but thanks we’ll see. And yes I’m a female.

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2019, 5:24 am

And this way I won’t have to tell my real life pen pal about my home situation because I won’t be in Australia this is the perfect plan!! !

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 7:19 pm

well wherever or whenever you decide to take a trip wishing you "bon voyage"

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2019, 12:16 am

cyberdad wrote:
well wherever or whenever you decide to take a trip wishing you "bon voyage"

Oh thanks but first I have to get the job lol earning in Aussie dollars is the only thing that makes sense.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 2:51 am

London then? it's an adventure but you won't be too homesick