Can't stop thinking about an Asperger's girl at work...

Page 4 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 2:51 am

London then? it's an adventure but you won't be too homesick

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 3:15 am

After 5 pages I guess it’s time to stop thinking about her.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 3:16 am

He has...

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2019, 4:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
After 5 pages I guess it’s time to stop thinking about her.

I do still have feelings for R but the intensity is thankfully manageable now.
Our relationship is unlike anything else but it's the first time I've been friends with another very autistic person.
Although we've only known each other for a couple of months we seem to have got close very quickly. I don't know if this is just because of the ASD or something else.
It's been interesting anyway...

MeganMaxwell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2019, 8:16 am

cyberdad wrote:

Lol that’s where my pen pal is atm bahhha. Have you been? I saw a lot of it with my brother...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2019, 7:31 pm

MeganMaxwell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Lol that’s where my pen pal is atm bahhha. Have you been? I saw a lot of it with my brother...

No but my family have been to London (I was stuck in College at the time) and the upside is the brilliant culture and outstanding museums/art galleries. Downside is the crowds, slightly dodgy accommodation and the lack of hygiene (I think old countries are built up on thousand years of occupation are a little on the unhygenic side compared to countries like Canada, Australia and NZ where the air, traffic and cities are much cleaner).

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2019, 11:32 pm

A. She already has a boyfriend
B. Workplace finds it inappropriate
C. She sees you as a friend
D. She does not know you that well

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2019, 6:23 am

Zack1994 wrote:
A. She already has a boyfriend
B. Workplace finds it inappropriate
C. She sees you as a friend
D. She does not know you that well

I'll bring in the "three word story" from another thread

Hit...nail...head...

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2022, 2:36 am

Not sure if anyone is still interested: we don't work together any more, we still chat almost everyday, I'm still crazy about her - and she's marrying her BF :(

I'm happy because it makes her happy but at the same time I hate it so much.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 2:49 am

SnPx wrote:
I'm still crazy about her .

Dude you did what I did in my 20s which was allow myself to get friendzoned. Please move on, this one is long gone...

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2022, 2:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
SnPx wrote:

Dude you did what I did in my 20s which was allow myself to get friendzoned. Please move on, this one is long gone...

Thanks - this is exactly the sort of thing I need to hear. I really dislike having illogical feelings.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 3:06 am

SnPx wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
SnPx wrote:

Thanks - this is exactly the sort of thing I need to hear. I really dislike having illogical feelings.

No worries, invest your time wisely :wink:

Running after girls who have male friends already is a bad investment

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2022, 3:06 am

FWIW it's not that I want to be "with" her, she clearly should be with her BF and I'm fine with just being friends with her. I quite enjoy how she makes me feel, and I'm not bothered that nothing is ever going to happen.

I knew they were planning to get married and I'm really happy for her. It's just the actual decision has unexpectedly bounced me around a bit.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2022, 3:09 am

SnPx wrote:
FWIW it's not that I want to be "with" her, she clearly should be with her BF and I'm fine with just being friends with her. I quite enjoy how she makes me feel, and I'm not bothered that nothing is ever going to happen.

I knew they were planning to get married and I'm really happy for her. It's just the actual decision has unexpectedly bounced me around a bit.

Yeah, when I was in my mid 30s I enjoyed hanging around 18-22 yr old women. I also loved the way the made me feel. But after while I realised I needed to look after myself and find somebody who would make commitments.

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2022, 3:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
SnPx wrote:

Yeah, when I was in my mid 30s I enjoyed hanging around 18-22 yr old women. I also loved the way the made me feel. But after while I realised I needed to look after myself and find somebody who would make commitments.

Interesting that you seem to know she's younger than me even though I don't think I ever mentioned it. I guess the reason this kind of thing is stereotypical for a reason.

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2022, 4:45 am

Just to backfill a little:

I do now realise her initial flirting was just for her own entertainment. I wasn't the only one she was playing with. I should probably be annoyed about that, but I now understand that was a reaction to how men have treated her in the past.

I know she didn't expect to become friends with me, and she has said that she doesn't know why she cares about me but she does.

We did end up holding hands, and we still do when we occasionally meet and there's no one else around.

They may have been times when it could of gone further but I'm terrible at reading the signs and I can't be sure. She did ask me to stay over one night and I said no because of my GF. There are many more things that have happened over the last couple of years which have made me think "maybe" but I've chosen to believe it's all in my head. Even if something could have happened, I'm not sure I wouldn't have wanted to.