I Might Have Found Someone, But I Don’t Know What To Do

Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 5:57 pm

@SilentJessica have you considered getting involved in Special Olympics? You might qualify. It would be a safe place to meet new people of both sexes. Living in the same city as you, perhaps @cyberdad might know something about local activities.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2019, 8:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This is so predictable.

I still care more about personality, which is why I “passed” everyone on the website except for about four or five.

cyberdad wrote:
I think for some weird reason the OPs story reminds me of a Billy Joel song

She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child but she's always a woman to me
She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe you
And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
Yeah she steals like a thief but she's always a woman to me
Oh, she takes care of herself, she can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh, she never gives out and she never gives in
She just changes her mind
And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding
But she brings out the best and the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself 'cause she's always a woman to me
Oh, she takes care of herself, she can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh, she never gives out and she never gives in
She just changes her mind
She is frequently kind and she's suddenly cruel
She can do as she pleases, she's nobody's fool
But she can't be convicted, she's earned her degree
And the most she will do is throw shadows at you
But she's always a woman to me

It does sound sort of like it. I don’t want to be like that again, so I’ll learn from what happened and be more careful.

MaxE wrote:
@SilentJessica have you considered getting involved in Special Olympics? You might qualify. It would be a safe place to meet new people of both sexes. Living in the same city as you, perhaps @cyberdad might know something about local activities.

I don’t play any sports, but thanks. :) I’m going to wait until I’ve worked on myself and my problems before I try to find someone, which I know I should have done to start with now I’ve thought about it more.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 12:30 am

Did he send nudes to you?

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2019, 12:55 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

He sent two normal photos without a shirt, and offered to send a “selfie of my choice,” but I didn’t ask for one.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 4:32 am

SilentJessica wrote:
MaxE wrote:

I don’t play any sports, but thanks. :) I’m going to wait until I’ve worked on myself and my problems before I try to find someone, which I know I should have done to start with now I’ve thought about it more.
You don't need to have played any sports before getting involved in Special Olympics. https://www.specialolympics.com.au/index.php.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 5:54 am

SilentJessica wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

He sent two normal photos without a shirt, and offered to send a “selfie of my choice,” but I didn’t ask for one.

And lemme guess, you liked what you have seen and became blind to his creepy behavior. :lol:

Honestly, this how I made 99% of online prospect to get attracted to me, via shirtless pics of me, but in pools/beach setting in profile, and a lot of them ask for more. One thing differs me from him tho that I would never request pics from women online (sexy pics or otherwise).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 5:57 am

MaxE wrote:
SilentJessica wrote:
MaxE wrote:

You don't need to have played any sports before getting involved in Special Olympics. https://www.specialolympics.com.au/index.php.

Umm....the OP doesn't seem to have intellectual disability, I don't think Selective Mutism is one.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Umm....the OP doesn't seem to have intellectual disability, I don't think Selective Mutism is one.
Autism can be a qualifying disability, especially if it's severe enough to prevent her from speaking. Also I believe she also has CP. She might be a borderline case, but I think it's worth looking into.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:34 am

There’s someone here in Special Olympics who has no intellectual disability and autism.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 7:08 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There’s someone here in Special Olympics who has no intellectual disability and autism.
I know of a few people in Special Olympics who are able to drive a car on their own. Again I really think the OP should look into it.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 3:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilentJessica wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

And lemme guess, you liked what you have seen and became blind to his creepy behavior. :lol:

Honestly, this how I made 99% of online prospect to get attracted to me, via shirtless pics of me, but in pools/beach setting in profile, and a lot of them ask for more. One thing differs me from him tho that I would never request pics from women online (sexy pics or otherwise).

This is interesting to me.... I always used to left swipe guys who had shirtless pics because I thought they were looking for one night stands.

But I actually think you're a cool person, and I totally get that you're just adapting to level the playing field.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 4:22 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilentJessica wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

This is interesting to me.... I always used to left swipe guys who had shirtless pics because I thought they were looking for one night stands.

But I actually think you're a cool person, and I totally get that you're just adapting to level the playing field.

You’ll swipe left on the unattractive regardless of what he’s wearing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:50 pm

MaxE wrote:
@cyberdad might know something about local activities.

Nahh I tried this a couple of times and got zero interest on WP even though there's plenty of Melbournians on this site

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2019, 6:53 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Honestly, this how I made 99% of online prospect to get attracted to me, via shirtless pics of me, but in pools/beach setting in profile, and a lot of them ask for more.

This is reflective of the kind of images girls themselves post on social media, seems to be the language of advertising (looks matter first).

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2019, 8:38 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SilentJessica wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I think photos of the face are better. :) I didn’t care about the shirtless photos he sent, and I passed everyone on the website who had photos like that on their profile. If I was thinking of liking someone, I checked how they answered the questions on there before deciding to pass or like.

MaxE wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Autism can be a qualifying disability, especially if it's severe enough to prevent her from speaking. Also I believe she also has CP. She might be a borderline case, but I think it's worth looking into.

I didn’t think anyone would remember my posts, so I’m surprised you remembered that I have CP. :) It’s mild enough that I usually forget I have it. I’m not sure if I have autism or not because I’ve never been assessed. I could qualify, but I’m more interested in doing short courses/classes, volunteering somewhere, looking for a paid, part-time job and going to some meet ups one day. Thanks for suggesting it. :)

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 7:24 pm

SilentJessica wrote:
I could qualify, but I’m more interested in doing short courses/classes, volunteering somewhere, looking for a paid, part-time job and going to some meet ups one day. Thanks for suggesting it. :)
All those ideas sound interesting but SO is something you could get involved in right away. Not only you but your family, and they could make contact with other families who in turn might have helpful knowledge with regard to jobs etc. It's a real community.