I had problems with my last boyfriend

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

TazCrystal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2019, 11:14 pm

I recently dated another guy who had autism. I feel emotionally weird from it. Our relationship only lasted a month.

He was weird from the start and sort of creepy tbh. He would hug me whenever he wanted to or kiss me whenever he wanted to, whether or not I wanted to. He would also force me to touch places when I didnt want to touch. He was really clingy as well and did not understand the type of living situation I have. He would try to get me to go out as late as 9. He had a very hard time ever taking no as an answer. He was also patronizing because he has aspergers and I dont have that diagnosis. He told me a lot about it. He would talk about the same things over and over again and sort of get offended when I switched topics. He also would tell me what bands to listen to instead of the ones I like. He also made fun of the way I said things sometimes. He also made fun of these ladies on the bus who were speaking spanish. I did not think it was funny when he did that. I kind of took it personally to be honest, many of my relatives speak it. I do not understand how he did not get that it would be offensive. He also lied to me about why we seperated. He said it was because we rushed things. We got to know each other well. I questioned him on it and he admitted to lying. He said it was because he wasn't into me anymore and he felt bad about it. He was the one who was always telling me he loved me though. I think he knew I wanted to break up with them and he didnt want that to happen

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2019, 11:26 pm

yeah that is kinda messed up seems like kind of a jerk, and people with autism can be that way. It's messed up he was trying to tell you what to listen to and making fun of spanish speaking people. I mean me and my boyfriend do not like all of the same music...and we can tell each other if we want to switch it up to something else, we can always listen to the things we like that the other does not when we have time apart. But we like a lot of the same music to so we can always find something we both want to listen to. And there are plenty of people who speak spanish and I don't want to insult them by making fun of their language. That just seems kind of mean spirited, or like people who make a point to tell people speaking a foreign language to speak english if they are in this country. I just don't get it, it has never bothered me to hear people speaking in a different language if anything its interesting to hear other languages. So I don't understand people who are so negative about it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jun 2019, 10:14 am

Good post Sweetleaf. It doesn't seem that uncommon for Aspies to be jerks or other insulting things. There's plenty of Aspies who are not like that thou Taz. I hate how the jerks or whatever tend to be the 1s who get the attention & give Aspies a bad rep.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition