Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 8:45 am

There's something I've noticed by reading some answers to threads on here is that some single people may need to be a little more flexible to find their ideal other half. This is not to say I am criticizing anyone.. But sometimes I see replies to posts and I think "Is there anyone alive on this planet who could be the idealmoerson for this person?" I am not saying this to be negative. I am saying this to open your eyes... To show you that a little flexibility and you can make room for the ideal someone in your life.
Now there are certain subjects where one can't, or will find it very difficult to be flexible, but if one really examins oneself, only a few things may actually fit into this catagory.
So before one becomes bitter, why not try a little compromise?

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 12:04 am

I really like your posts!

I also tend to agree with this sentiment. I have met quite a few people who break the mold, and are not at all what I would have expected based on a few superficial factors.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2019, 9:35 am

I noticed that too MG. I didn't have many actual requirements/deal-breakers when I was searching for a relationship. I knew it would be extremely hard for me to find anyone due to my various disabilities & issues. I was pretty lonely & desperate & mostly just wanted someone who would give me a real chance & would try to make a relationship work with me instead things being one-sided. I see nothing wrong with people having strict requirements with relationships/partners as long as they are OK or mostly OK with being single & would rather be alone than with someone who doesn't fit their ideal. However I have an issue with the people who seem to be desperate & go on & on about how lonely they are & how they wished they had someone but then they have more requirements in someone than the TSA does to fly. I also think it's even harder for someone if they have issues like Aspergers & related things/problems. They'd want someone who would accept them the way they are while they won't accept anyone else the way they are.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 10:04 am

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

I also tend to agree with this sentiment. I have met quite a few people who break the mold, and are not at all what I would have expected based on a few superficial factors.

Thank you "That1wierdgrrrl"... I am glad you like my posts. :) And Nick007. Thanks also for the reply. I am hoping that what I write will help someone. Also remember. The aspects of your condition people will learn if they love you, as they will be trying to find out what works best for you. Yes, there are those who don't believe you so they are not flexible... and these characters are not the right ones for you. That is why courting is soo important and should be taken as light hearted fun with a new friend rather then any thing serious or sexual, because courting is all about finding out if the other partner is compatable. If it doesn't work, don't feel bad about it. The only real way to find out if two people are a match is to go on a date or two. Most cases nothing may come of it, and that's ok... And don't look at the other person as your enemy if it doesn't work! Think of the other person as an experience. (And oh boy can some be an experience! Haha... Sorry. My humour!)

No, but seriously, if someone loves you they will learn what you like and don't like and they will try to adapt, and vice versa... You will try to adapt your ways as much as you can as well. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 10:06 am

Yeah. I like your posts, too.

I wish I could make trains like you do.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 10:27 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yeah. I like your posts, too.

I wish I could make trains like you do.

You probably could... :) Take a look at these kits... They are fairly simple to make. I do scratchbuild as well or adapt kits to how I want them etc.

http://www.smallbrookstudio.co.uk

Go onto his 7mm narrow gauge section which he lists as 0e. You will see some of the kits I have made... See if you can spot the little differences in the way I made the kits compared to how Mike designed them.

Look at the different chassis on the diesel. Look at the dome of the light green steam loco. Look at the bottom of the cab of the darker green steam loco. See if you can find them on his website and compare! :P Is like a "Spot the difference" competition! Haha!

Sorry. I am on a train tangent again. Ok. It is a special interest of mine. :) But in reply Kraftiekortie, they are fairly simple to make except a little time consuming, as some of it is waiting for paint to dry. Most of it is me daydreaming and not getting any work done on the things! :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 12:28 pm

So, in regards to flexibility, a lady who wants to be with me should not mind me making and running a few trains! :lol: I will even let her share the hobby if she likes, but I won't mind if she prefers other things. :)

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 12:56 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
So, in regards to flexibility, a lady who wants to be with me should not mind me making and running a few trains! :lol: I will even let her share the hobby if she likes, but I won't mind if she prefers other things. :)

You know I am a big fan MG I also love both you and your trains.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, relationshionships need flexibility in order to work in the family, socially, in the workplace and in matters of the heart.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 1:05 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I agree with you wholeheartedly, relationshionships need flexibility in order to work in the family, socially, in the workplace and in matters of the heart.

Aww Teach51. You are making me blush! :oops:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 3:42 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

I wonder if we all look how the other person imagines that we look like? Haha. I know I tend to be a bit scruffy round the edges as I wear older clothes for comfort and I don't really care about my appearance, as I don't really have a reason to care... As I am not one who wants to mix too much in society... I prefer quieter places... :) Usually places where I can just me me and relax in. :) Scenic places... :) Beaches, castles... Cliff walks with a beach or two down below... :)

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 8:38 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

I wonder if we all look how the other person imagines that we look like? Haha. I know I tend to be a bit scruffy round the edges as I wear older clothes for comfort and I don't really care about my appearance, as I don't really have a reason to care... As I am not one who wants to mix too much in society... I prefer quieter places... :) Usually places where I can just me me and relax in. :) Scenic places... :) Beaches, castles... Cliff walks with a beach or two down below... :)

I imagined you look like a mountain goat. Standing on a cliff

TheOther
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2019, 11:19 am

I couldn't agree more. Compromise is everything in a relationship.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 11:22 am

"beggars can't be choosers"

Monopolistic competition

"Pick your battles"

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 3:55 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

Maybe just a little back from the edge, but still admiring the view!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 6:55 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

I imagine you to be a lovely young lady with a beautiful mind. Someone who would make an ideal person to go on a date with. :)

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2019, 6:58 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I second this. MG is the best addition to this site all year.