Claims that a few "super hot men" are hogging all the women

Page 2 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:37 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It is not allowed to talk about other members in a main topic without permission.

My permission is not granted, I request a lock or edit for the main post.

What's this about boo?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:41 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
Not the least bit inclined to homosexuality, but still, I see a definite link between a decline in my interest in women over the past few years and their lack of femininity, just as women seem to be put off by men's lack of masculinity, unless I've misunderstood your OP.

I think many women are turned off more by the wrong kind of masculinity than by a lack of masculinity. I think a lot of women, myself included, have no problem with an androgynous man per se -- it depends on his specific traits. Some masculine traits are desirable, others not so desirable -- and women vary as to which specific traits they desire.

Prometheus18 wrote:
Everything you've said here is sensible enough, though "patriarchy", like most buzzwords, strikes me as something of a bogeyman. I don't think there's much appetite among traditionalist Christians for say, denying women the vote. Certainly not for me.

Some extreme right wingers actually do advocate denying women the vote. Hopefully they will remain a small minority. Be that as it may, I'll explain more what I mean by "patriarchy" another time, in another thread.

Prometheus18 wrote:
I also wonder which of the negative trends I listed you would consider good.

Another question to be deferred to other threads, to avoid derailing this one.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It is not allowed to talk about other members in a main topic without permission.

What's this about boo?

Well some old brat was hinting that the guys in the thread (me and inquistor) as self made losers; this is a defaming thread now and I will not accept it.

I kindly ask the mods to lock it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:49 pm

Can they be persuaded to apologise for that gaffe?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:53 pm

Nope, I didn’t nor inquisitor gave consent to Mona for this topic.
Therefore I request its lock, I dunno about inquisitor’s opinion.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I was not aware of such a rule, nor did I find it via a brief review of various "rules" threads just now. Could you please post a link to it and quote it?

Anyhow, I was still able to edit my original post in this thread, so I removed your name and replaced the quote with a brief paraphrase which I hope does not offend you.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 22 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Great! Another guy teaching me about my gender. :roll:
I don’t know how I was able to get along before I had guys telling me what I think.

Sorry wasn't my intention, I'm kind off still trying to give some insight into my dating experiences to males like Marknis (who is probably still reading this stuff)

Twilightprincess wrote:
Sure, there are some women who are focused on physical appearance but that’s not most women.

I think it's a combination but the biological prerogative is still there in all females. The list of positive personality characteristics plus financial factors in not having a steady job that have been (posted here by numerous females as "desirable") are actually "hurdles" for a lot of men.

In my own experience even though I was good looking I went through cash flow problems which mean't I couldn't always afford expensive deodorant, aftershave, pay for dry cleaning jackets/clothes or (for that matter) afford good clothes. I'm pretty sure (especially in my 20s) girls sized me up as the Target/Kmart dude. Plus my accommodation situation was fluid (to borrow a term from Mona)

When I hit my 30s my financial situation changed so suddenly I was "permitted" to enter the friend zone of girls and that's when I started my "Friends" lifestyle minus getting any sex or fulfilling/meaningful relationships.

What “biological prerogative is still there in all females?” What about lesbian or asexual women? What about me who is turned off by many of the traits in your so-called “alpha males?”

Biology plays a much smaller role than you think it does. We’re a bit more evolved than that.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:00 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
What “biological prerogative is still there in all females?” What about lesbian or asexual women? What about me who is turned off by many of the traits in your so-called “alpha males?”

Biology plays a much smaller role than you think it does. We’re a bit more evolved than that.

Sorry my posts are based on probability factors for single males reflecting what is represented in the subset of "available single heterosexual females"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:01 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

To some extent, but have you heard of cognitive dissonance? in this context it's where you fight your biological urges to follow your beliefs/conditioned preferences

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well some old brat was hinting that the guys in the thread (me and inquistor) as self made losers; this is a defaming thread now and I will not accept it..

I take it that I'm the "old brat" you are referring to. My point was actually NOT that you guys are "self made losers." I just now edited the original post to clarify that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:06 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well some old brat was hinting that the guys in the thread (me and inquistor) as self made losers; this is a defaming thread now and I will not accept it..

I take it that I'm the "old brat" you are referring to. My point was actually NOT that you guys are "self made losers." I just now edited the original post to clarify that.

It is not you.

Also very hard is not the same as impossible, you modified what I said.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Jun 2019, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

To some extent, but have you heard of cognitive dissonance? in this context it's where you fight your biological urges to follow your beliefs/conditioned preferences

What makes you think that you understand these young women better than they understand themselves? Couldn’t that be cognitive dissonance?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It is not you.

Then I'd really appreciate it if you could try to get the offender to apologize instead of trying to get this thread closed. We need a thread to talk specifically about the reasons for the current trend of fewer men having sex, so that this subject doesn't clutter up a gazillion other threads.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Fixed.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 22 Jun 2019, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:15 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I was not aware of such a rule, nor did I find it via a brief review of various "rules" threads just now. Could you please post a link to it and quote it?

Anyhow, I was still able to edit my original post in this thread, so I removed your name and replaced the quote with a brief paraphrase which I hope does not offend you.

Quote:
This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.

Here you go.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:17 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

What makes you think that you understand these young women better than they understand themselves? Couldn’t that be cognitive dissonance?

I understand biology, I used to be one...
https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog ... ract-women

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 7:19 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It is not you.

Then I'd really appreciate it if you could try to get the offender to apologize instead of trying to get this thread closed. We need a thread to talk specifically about the reasons for the current trend of fewer men having sex, so that this subject doesn't clutter up a gazillion other threads.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Fixed.

Nope, my request is final.

It is up to Grand Inquisitor and the mods now.