Claims that a few "super hot men" are hogging all the women

Page 14 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:27 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
It gets even worse that we aren't allowed to talk about it anymore because society decided to frame any criticism men have as the opposite gender as hating the opposite gender.

Hell on earth. Will things ever go back someday?

I think this forum is a safe space to talk as long as you are respectful

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 7:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:
It gets even worse that we aren't allowed to talk about it anymore because society decided to frame any criticism men have as the opposite gender as hating the opposite gender.

It isn't if the argument you make is always framed as just sexist or misogynistic no matter what.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 8:08 pm

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

It isn't if the argument you make is always framed as just sexist or misogynistic no matter what.

It depends how you frame your arguments/questions

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 6:41 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Making negative sweeping generalizations about women (or men) IS sexist.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 9:31 am

Hollywood_Guy wrote:

Are we not allowed to call a spade a spade? If the argument you make is sexist or misogynistic, it will be described as such and you'll have to deal with that.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 9:31 am

ShinjiAyanami wrote:
Most dudes I've ever seen out in public with a girl were just average looking, if not below average.

You can't participate in this discussion if you talk about what you see in real life. You can only obsess about the pretty people.
:shameonyou:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 6:44 am

hurtloam wrote:
ShinjiAyanami wrote:
Most dudes I've ever seen out in public with a girl were just average looking, if not below average.

You can't participate in this discussion if you talk about what you see in real life. You can only obsess about the pretty people.

And, apparently, you're not allowed to talk about real life. The only thing that matters is what happens on Tinder. /s

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jul 2019, 7:05 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
ShinjiAyanami wrote:

And, apparently, you're not allowed to talk about real life. The only thing that matters is what happens on Tinder. /s

Didn't you know that everybody uses Tinder?
The world has 50 million inhabitants, 62% male and 38% female.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 8:16 am

magz wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
ShinjiAyanami wrote:

Chill, you take things too literal, now you are sounding trollish.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Jul 2019, 9:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
ShinjiAyanami wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 11:29 am

magz wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
magz wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
ShinjiAyanami wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 7:58 pm

My son doesn't seem to have trouble getting girl friends, and he is not a "super hot man." He's just an average guy with his unique pros and cons in that department (of course I don't look at my son that way, but I hear enough).

The claims are bunk, advanced by guys who haven't taken the time to understand what it is they are doing that makes them across so poorly. It is never only about looks.

I do think the earlier poster who said the phenomenon may be true on places like Tinder does have a point. On-line dating services really are not great places to go looking for compatible personalities.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 11:02 am

I saw a man about 5 foot 8 being kanoodled and kissed by a woman about 5 inches taller than him. He was not the "cat's pajamas" by any means. He was a rather scrawny fellow, actually.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 4:41 pm

When a woman wears high heels she will appear taller

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2019, 5:12 pm

This woman was wearing sneakers.....she was quite a tall woman naturally. She was quite a bit taller than the guy. At least five inches taller. I don't believe she would want to wear high heels.

One thing I can say: she was very feminine about the kanoodling. She even whispered "sweet nothings" into the guy's ear.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 2:14 am

^ what was the color of her underwear?