Claims that a few "super hot men" are hogging all the women

Page 5 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:01 pm

A mutually supportive relationship is ideal.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:03 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
A mutually supportive relationship is ideal.

Yep I said that

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Are you in urban Australia, Cyberdad?

Just travel mass transport. You’ll see plenty of non-Alpha males with fine-looking women.

I saw a really nerdy guy with a beautiful woman the other day. Kissing and kanoodling.

Melbourne...You were here?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:06 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.

Yeah but they can be strategic about it...that's where the data comes in handy

The problem with statistics is that they are often misapplied or made to fit someone’s preconceived notions.

Yeah true but these guys should go into "battle" with their eyes open

They might not be open in the right direction, though. That’s kind of the whole point of this thread.

Is there a right direction?

This current thread is closer to the mark than the concept of “alpha males.”

It’s better to work towards specific goals and make oneself interesting than to just give up because women only want a “super hot guy” which is often untrue.

I know several guys who are in relationships that many of you would say are undatable. Apparently, they weren’t.

Self-improvement (in areas that one can improve on. If you can’t work and are on disability, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible) and a positive attitude are key.

I don’t want a provider, traditionally masculine, take charge kind of guy and lots of other women don’t, either.

Being well-read, kind, and intelligent, are more important than anything else.

Yes I think we can all agree these are admirable aspirational goals and (yes) there are guys who are "punching above their weight" but as Kraftie mentioned earlier much of this isn't going to change what happens on the ground.

I do, however, think that if a person is going to get themselves in a positive state of mind when approaching girls they still need to play to the odds.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:09 pm

Nope....but I’ve been in London and other cities with substantial mass transit. I see similar things....including many “surprising” couples.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:13 pm

I think there's some level of showboating going on though. Rich not so good looking dudes showing off their trophy girlfriends in town where they get the maximum exposure.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:15 pm

In my humble opinion, a return to a traditional lifestyle world be a disaster for everybody except for the types who support such a lifestyle. I don't.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:16 pm

Lots of these couples are not of especially high socioeconomic status.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.

Yeah but they can be strategic about it...that's where the data comes in handy

The problem with statistics is that they are often misapplied or made to fit someone’s preconceived notions.

Yeah true but these guys should go into "battle" with their eyes open

They might not be open in the right direction, though. That’s kind of the whole point of this thread.

Is there a right direction?

This current thread is closer to the mark than the concept of “alpha males.”

It’s better to work towards specific goals and make oneself interesting than to just give up because women only want a “super hot guy” which is often untrue.

I know several guys who are in relationships that many of you would say are undatable. Apparently, they weren’t.

Self-improvement (in areas that one can improve on. If you can’t work and are on disability, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible) and a positive attitude are key.

I don’t want a provider, traditionally masculine, take charge kind of guy and lots of other women don’t, either.

Being well-read, kind, and intelligent, are more important than anything else.

Yes I think we can all agree these are admirable aspirational goals and (yes) there are guys who are "punching above their weight" but as Kraftie mentioned earlier much of this isn't going to change what happens on the ground.

I do, however, think that if a person is going to get themselves in a positive state of mind when approaching girls they still need to play to the odds.

What do you mean by “play the odds?”

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:17 pm

I also think that the western world needed the 60s to unfold the way that they did. We needed to be rid of the old, Victorian ways.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Lots of these couples are not of especially high socioeconomic status.

Possibly but they are "lucky" and are likely overrepresented in urban centres where they too are showboating

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:21 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

Being realistic in terms of investing a lot of time/effort/money into an project which is likely to not bear fruit. Small steps and realistic goals with tangible outcomes are better than having expectations that if they "smile and be friendly" that they will make friends with girls immediately leading to a long term relationship.

A better goal is to be accepted into a friendship group where the girls can develop mutual respect that leads eventually to love (although to be fair that didn't work so well for me..but it at least puts the guy in a better position)

Last edited by cyberdad on 22 Jun 2019, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:22 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
In my humble opinion, a return to a traditional lifestyle world be a disaster for everybody except for the types who support such a lifestyle. I don't.

It would be lousy.

I like progress and the ability to have a voice.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Being realistic in terms of investing a lot of time/effort/money into an project which is likely to not bear fruit. Small steps and realistic goals with tangible outcomes are better than having expectations that if they "smile and be friendly" that they will make friends with girls

They do need to smile and be friendly, though. Relationships are not business transactions. There’s a little more romance in the world than that.

Still, working on improving in areas that one can is always positive. There’s no point in focusing on areas that one can’t change, though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:25 pm

I'd hate to be married to someone who I couldn't be myself around.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2019, 9:29 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

They do need to smile and be friendly, though. Relationships are not business transactions. There’s a little more romance in the world than that.

Still, working on improving in areas that one can is always positive. There’s no point in focusing on areas that one can’t change, though.

Conversely there's plenty of tough guys who don't smile, not nice and treat women like dirt...and yet?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/au/blog ... -cruel-men

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/are-bad- ... a_b_996781

I don't write this stuff...psychologists do...