Claims that a few "super hot men" are hogging all the women

Page 4 of 22 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,590
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

22 Jun 2019, 7:19 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well some old brat was hinting that the guys in the thread (me and inquistor) as self made losers; this is a defaming thread now and I will not accept it..

I take it that I'm the "old brat" you are referring to. My point was actually NOT that you guys are "self made losers." I just now edited the original post to clarify that.


It is not you.

Then I'd really appreciate it if you could try to get the offender to apologize instead of trying to get this thread closed. We need a thread to talk specifically about the reasons for the current trend of fewer men having sex, so that this subject doesn't clutter up a gazillion other threads.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Also very hard is not the same as impossible, you modified what I said.

Fixed.



Nope, my request is final.

It is up to Grand Inquisitor and the mods now.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,573

22 Jun 2019, 7:22 pm

Well I better get a word in before yet another thread gets locked...



Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Age: 61
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,285
Location: New York City (Queens)

22 Jun 2019, 7:22 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.


Here you go.

My original post was not intended to cause conflict. I have made numerous edits to it in response to your complaints, with the aim of reducing possible sources of conflict. The sole purpose of that post was to propose an alternate explanation for the data behind a claim that you and various other men here have been making.


_________________
- Finally diagnosed with ASD in May 2019, after having suspected it for over ten years, and after having deeply explored the autism community for over one year while waiting for and obtaining diagnosis.
- In longterm relationship with boyfriend who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in 2001.
- Long history of participation in various oddball subcultures.
- My "Getting to know each other" thread: Hello from NYC.


Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,919

22 Jun 2019, 7:32 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.


Here you go.

My original post was not intended to cause conflict. I have made numerous edits to it in response to your complaints, with the aim of reducing possible sources of conflict. The sole purpose of that post was to propose an alternate explanation for the data behind a claim that you and various other men here have been making.


I hope it doesn’t get locked. This is an important topic and perspective that doesn’t get enough attention on here.



breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 8 Jul 2018
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 426
Location: New York

22 Jun 2019, 7:52 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
This also includes discussion of locked topics, discussion of banned members and why they were banned and anything else that purposely causes conflict with other members.


Here you go.

My original post was not intended to cause conflict. I have made numerous edits to it in response to your complaints, with the aim of reducing possible sources of conflict. The sole purpose of that post was to propose an alternate explanation for the data behind a claim that you and various other men here have been making.


I hope it doesn’t get locked. This is an important topic and perspective that doesn’t get enough attention on here.

Why are some of you trying to get a thread that's dealing w/an important topic locked? You claim it's some kind of mention of you w/o your consent. The issue has been dealt w/via Mona's edits. What you're doing whether you're aware of it or not is patriarchally trying to shut down a discussion that no longer centers around you for frankly selfish reasons. That's not cool and shouldn't be acceptable here on WP. Whether you like it or not this discussion should continue for the reasons I've just stated. You have no legit beef here and frankly this sort of patriarchal behavior on your part is what's driven so many women and feminists off this site. And as a feminist myself I'm tird of it and it should stop now. The line against it is drawn here: Stop it!

This is particularly true given how many patriarchal other threads there are on this and other boards across the site. Can't you be an adult and deal w/the presence of something you just happen to disagree with when we have to put up w/all the sexist racist homophobic and similarly offensive threads here that should never be posted and should've all been deleted long ago? I'm really sick of it. Grow the hell up or get lost!



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 60,878
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Jun 2019, 7:56 pm

I don’t think statistics and all that “alpha male” stuff will assist these men in getting dates.

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,573

22 Jun 2019, 7:57 pm

Well that's now between the mods and those the allegations have been made about...

In the meantime back to the topic....or has everyone gone to bed?



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,573

22 Jun 2019, 7:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.


Yeah but they can be strategic about it...that's where the data comes in handy



Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,919

22 Jun 2019, 8:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.


Yeah but they can be strategic about it...that's where the data comes in handy


The problem with statistics is that they are often misapplied or made to fit someone’s preconceived notions.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,573

22 Jun 2019, 8:05 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.


Yeah but they can be strategic about it...that's where the data comes in handy


The problem with statistics is that they are often misapplied or made to fit someone’s preconceived notions.


Yeah true but these guys should go into "battle" with their eyes open



Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,919

22 Jun 2019, 8:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.


Yeah but they can be strategic about it...that's where the data comes in handy


The problem with statistics is that they are often misapplied or made to fit someone’s preconceived notions.


Yeah true but these guys should go into "battle" with their eyes open


They might not be open in the right direction, though. That’s kind of the whole point of this thread.



Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2004
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 45,361
Location: Houston, Texas

22 Jun 2019, 8:08 pm

I can’t speak for others, but my main issue is that I don’t connect with anyone in my area. Should I relocate?


_________________
Who’s better at math than a robot? They’re made of math!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 60,878
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Jun 2019, 8:12 pm

I just feel like this “battle” never works. It keeps people lonely.

I’ve known men who care about these sorts of statistics for years. They rarely find success.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 60,878
Location: Queens, NYC

22 Jun 2019, 8:15 pm

Tim Tex....aren’t you near a major city?



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,573

22 Jun 2019, 8:15 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Men have to stop thinking of women as mysterious beings.

People are individuals, not demographic trends.


Yeah but they can be strategic about it...that's where the data comes in handy


The problem with statistics is that they are often misapplied or made to fit someone’s preconceived notions.


Yeah true but these guys should go into "battle" with their eyes open


They might not be open in the right direction, though. That’s kind of the whole point of this thread.


Is there a right direction?