How Many Girlfriends/Boyfriends have You Had?

Page 1 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Are you single?
Yes. 63%  63%  [ 40 ]
No. 33%  33%  [ 21 ]
Don't Know! 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 63

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 6:39 pm

For some this would be "How many Girlfriends / Boyfriends (Which ever one applies) were you dating before you were married?

I am single. I almoat had a girlfriend when I was 16 to 17, but I did not recognise her so the date didn't happen. I didn't date until I was 36 and the young lady asked me out. We were going to get married after about 6 months of awesome dating but it suddenly ended. I found out what narcism was the hard way! Oh well... about two or three years ago I was distance dating a nice lady, but I decided not to continue. We did meet a few times.
I have been on two or three single dates apart from the ones above but nothing led to anything I cojld actually call dating. (After the first date, I felt a failure and it was more to prove to myself that I could ask a lady out... but I wasn't ready to date as it actually took me several years to get over the first dating I did). There was also one lady who we were chatting to romantically online but nothing happened... As in we never met etc... (Last I heard she started dating a man near where she lives).
So in my life, I can only say that I have properly dated two ladies and I have never married.
For me though, I don't believe I have found the right person yet, and neither has it been the right time. About 10 years ago I did see a beautiful lady but I didn't get the hints she made as she was trying to ask me out, and as I have issues with face blindness, I lost her!
What about you?

Last edited by Mountain Goat on 27 Jun 2019, 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 6:48 pm

I had about 5-6 serious relationships before I got married.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 6:56 pm

I had one boyfriend for 6 months to a year on and off (ugh!) and went on a couple of dates with another boy before I was married.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 8:08 pm

Is this thread intended to be a "I've had more relationships than you" thread?

If so, keep in mind that I am a Navy veteran, and likely have you all beat... :wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 8:11 pm

Really only three girlfriends. My wife and I only dated for a month before we were engaged. We were married five months later.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 8:13 pm

Fnord wrote:
Is this thread intended to be a "I've had more relationships than you" thread?

If so, keep in mind that I am a Navy veteran, and likely have you all beat... :wink:

There’s no possible way you could beat my 2 and 1/2 relationships.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 8:38 pm

If I sort by using "serious dating" being a year or longer in duration (my own criteria) then including my wife, it would be five. Longer than six months but less than a year would add three more. A handful of dates down to only one date brings the number a good deal higher.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 9:12 pm

Depending how you count. If I count the long term ones, I had three (one lasted a year and the other two lasted two years each). If I count short term ones then I guess I can count up to around 9, but that would also include some REALLY short term ones so I guess maybe its some in-between number. Who knows. For the most part I tend to say 3, since those are the only ones that left some lasting memory.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jun 2019, 1:19 am

One, two, three, or none.

One girl we officially called ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend and, like, put it on Facebook, but we lived 8 hours apart and only saw each other twice in like two weeks before we broke up. I don't know if that counts. The other two, we never called ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend but we were explicitly exclusive and saw each other for longer periods--around three months each.

I'm trying to lose weight now though so maybe more in the future. Huel is a hell of a drug. (It's not a drug.)

Last edited by Dan82 on 28 Jun 2019, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jun 2019, 3:07 am

4 including my husband.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 4:04 am

What I class as long term is seeing the same person on more then two dates. Short term is one or two dates.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jun 2019, 4:06 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
What I class as long term is seeing the same person on more then two dates. Short term is one or two dates.

Never been in a short term by this definition.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 4:09 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Wow, by this definition I had lots of long term girlfriends to the point where I would lose count. C'mon. Here is a better definition: long term means it lasted several months, short term means it was less than a month.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 4:13 am

magz wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Never been in a short term by this definition.

I have, many times: most of the time I didn't get the first date on the first place, and, out of the times when I was lucky to get the first date, most of the time I didn't get the second date. This is something that I really resent. I don't understand how people can decide so quickly that it won't work? I mean, I know that, at least for me, it takes time to get past the awkwardness. If I look at the long term relationsihps I had, I didn't have a problem on how to start or carry out a conversation -- yet that is the EXACT issue that kept ruining my first dates. So I don't get why it never occurred ot girls I would change with time.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 4:16 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Three dates wouldn't necessarily be a relationship yet. Therefore it's certainly not a long term relationship.
Or do you mean long term dating and not long term relationship? Even then calling three dates long term is a bit of a stretch.
If you mean three dates is a long term relationship, you're the first person I've ever seen using 'long term relationship' to refer to something less than at least a couple of months.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 4:41 am

I've had at least 100 dates over 20 years but almost all those girls wouldn't have considered me boyfriend material except for a few stalkers who freaked me out and I had to tell them "no means no"...