Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Page 7 of 32 [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 32  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 8:56 am

magz wrote:
Rainbow_Belle wrote:
People do not show any empathy towards lonely men and their common situation. If the lonely guys were lonely females the white knight males would flock to the females and act sleazy and creepy. The advice provided to random lonely guys is mainly insults and ridicule and does not change anything in their life. It is best that guys keep their issues to themselves and be silent strong men and never discuss their feelings online.

That's why suicide rate is higher among males.
But "I'm so lonely" is quite a common pickup line in my culture.

I am so lonely, magz.

Come make me less lonely.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Aug 2019, 9:00 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am so lonely, magz.

Yep, exactly this.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:03 am

I want to post a video clip from "Team America" featuring a marionette of Kim Jong Il singing "I'm So Lonely", but it could be construed as racist.

It's easy enough to find if you google it, though.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:06 am

Post a Bobby Vinton song, instead.....

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Aug 2019, 9:21 am

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:27 am

Bobby Vinton was a singer of Polish descent (who even spoke Polish) who tended to have big hits with songs about "loneliness."

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:32 am

SocOfAutism wrote:
The most important part of my post was that I defer to RDOS on this subject.

RDOS makes a lot of assertions, on various topics, that are quite controversial here. I wouldn't take him as an authority.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:33 am

rdos wrote:
I rather think that different autistic people have different coping mechanisms in regards to eye contact based on what they have been subjected to. That doesn't mean there isn't an innate eye contact pattern that everybody shares. At least, several autistic girls on autistic gatherings have shown this pattern when poked with it, and so I think this is quite reliable. At least a lot better than ignoring it when seeking compatible people, and especially potential partners.

Perhaps you could make a video showing this eye contact pattern and see how many of us can relate to it?

I suspect that it may represent a particular subtype of autism that happens to be genetically common in your local area.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Bobby Vinton was a singer of Polish descent (who even spoke Polish) who tended to have big hits with songs about "loneliness."

Eastern European culture seems to be less oriented towards keeping up an appearance of happiness than Anglo-American culture tends to be. For example, here in this neighborhood where there are a lot of Eastern Europeans (among many other ethnicities), it is common to answer "How are you?" with "okay" or "surviving" or "could be worse," rather than "fine."

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Aug 2019, 9:41 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Eastern European culture seems to be less oriented towards keeping up an appearance of happiness than Anglo-American culture tends to be. For example, here in this neighborhood where there are a lot of Eastern Europeans (among many other ethnicities), it is common to answer "How are you?" with "okay" or "surviving" or "could be worse," rather than "fine."

Ask "how are you" in Poland and - unless the person you ask knows the expected answer would be "fine" as part of their foreign language training - you will hear all the troubles and worries of the one you asked :D

I suspect the "Latvian jokes" have similar origin as they were invented by an American living in Latvia.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:46 am

magz wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am so lonely, magz.

Yep, exactly this.

I just had sex last weekend tho, I am fine. I guess.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:49 am

magz wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Ask "how are you" in Poland and - unless the person you ask knows the expected answer would be "fine" as part of their foreign language training - you will hear all the troubles and worries of the one you asked :D

I suspect the "Latvian jokes" have similar origin as they were invented by an American living in Latvia.

I will ask you in the Arab way:
How are you?
How’s the family?
How’s the hubby?
How’s work?
How’s the health?

All in a row.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:54 am

That's the West African way, too.....Down in Senegal, people often have five-minute introductory greetings.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Aug 2019, 9:55 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
How are you?
How’s the family?
How’s the hubby?
How’s work?
How’s the health?

All in a row.

Should I answer "Fine, praise God" to each separately or to all collectively?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2019, 9:59 am

magz wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
How are you?
How’s the family?
How’s the hubby?
How’s work?
How’s the health?

All in a row.

Should I answer "Fine, praise God" to each separately or to all collectively?

To each separately and if you don’t answer smartly then often it branches to more questions..!

alcockell
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2019, 10:25 am

One aspect to consider is the sheer amount of self-hatred internalised from books like Every Man's BAttle and the other aspects of Purity Culture. Also related is how the book declares sexually -enthusiastic women as out of bounds.

The "BJ Blowers" archetype in the book matches the "Stacy" archetype.

They are being taught Origen/Jerome levels of misogyny.