Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Page 9 of 32 [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 32  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 10:26 am

rdos wrote:
It's also been discovered that some birds can detect changes in the earth electromagnetic field, which means at least these have the required detector for static fields (and it's not an antenna).

Essentially what these birds have is a compass. See We Finally Know How Birds Can See Earth's Magnetic Field. And, as we both noted earlier, what they are detecting is a static field, not a signal.

I would further point out that the Earth is big, at least compared to any animal living on the Earth. Any change to the Earth's magnetic field would result from electromagnetically very powerful goings-on inside the Earth's core. The change (and the field itself) might be locally very small, but very big and powerful overall, relative to any electromagnetic goings-on within any animal's own body.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 10:36 am

I've never experienced anybody communicating with me telepathically; nor have I ever communicated telepathically with another person.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 12:16 pm

rdos wrote:
Talking doesn't require high bandwidths.

Talking is sound, which is mechanical, not electromagnetic. And, without the aid of modern technology, our voices can be transmitted only over a very short range.

rdos wrote:
We were able to send things similar to talking with morse code using a very low bandwidth of only a few Hz. Compare that to how much you can code onto a transmitter in the MHz or GHz area. Thus, while the coding probably is complex, a high bandwidth is not required. The signal could be sent with lots of redundant information and with ineffective coding compared to what we can achieve with things like TV broadcasts.

According to my experience, everything we exchange could easily be sent using a 1Hz channel. It's not images, not brain-waves and the exchange typically takes seconds.

Specifically what all kinds of information do you believe can be transmitted this way? If I recall correctly, it included specific feelings and desires. The latter could be very complex, it seems to me.

rdos wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Speaking of EMC: Your hypothesis would require the biological equivalent of EMC directives, so that the signals between any two people don't interfere with the signals between any two other people.

I think this is "solved" by having lots of redundant information in the messages that the brain use as an "address". Could also be that everything is encrypted with a private key. That's why there is a "setup" phase before you can communicate.

Something like an address makes the signal more complex than it would otherwise be.

rdos wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
I didn't say "wires." And, if our brains did contain anything like an antenna and an amplifier, I wouldn't expect them to have any obvious physical resemblance to the ones that humans have created via technology. Nevertheless I would expect them to have been detected by now via at least one of the many investigations that have been done into the brain's electrical activity.

I find it pretty much out of the question that it is the brain's electrical activity that is transmitted. That kind of signal has much too high bandwidth requirements.

If not the brain, then what organ of the body do you believe does get used as the transmitter? Ditto the receiver?

rdos wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
I agree, your hypothesis implies very advanced coding. That's part of the problem, and part of the reason why it does require something like an antenna and an amplifier to transmit it so it isn't drowned out by noise.

Advanced coding doesn't need to mean high bandwidth. If you send the same thing 1000 times then noise can drown 999 of the messages and still detect the last one.

Mona Pereth wrote:
Another requirement: You need to be able to receive the signal at a distance. What is the maximum distance, if any, in your experience?

It varies a bit based on what can be transferred. Basic things like the direction sense work up to 300km, while more complex exchanges seem to require distances less than 10-20km (although it's gradual). I'd say the closer the more complex exchanges can be made (maybe down to 1km, when distance doesn't seem to be a factor anymore). I also think the direction sense sometimes gets messed up somewhat at close distances, and hot & dry weather seem to make the connection more error-prone.

You're talking about the kinds of distances for which even the simplest electromagnetic signal, from a source as small as some organ of the human body, definitely would require something like an amplifier and an antenna. And the amplifier would have to be big and powerful enough to be quite obvious -- unless there's something else in the natural world serving as a natural equivalent of cell phone towers, but that would need to be big and powerful enough to be quite obvious too.

rdos wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Also, in your experience, does the signal go through walls? (In that case it can't be anywhere near the visible light frequency range.)

Certainly. At least normal ones. I think the signals are in the MHz area, but it's possible, but less likely, that they could be in the kHz or GHz area too.

They would need to be at least around 1 GHz, in order for the wavelength to be short enough not to require an antenna large enough to be highly visible.

rdos wrote:
Another thing to consider is the click sounds that dolphins and whales emit. Scientists are unable to decode these, and they could actually be as complex as mind-to-mind communication. You cannot use electromagnetic fields in water, and so this could be an adaptation to sea living with similar complexity. It's also conceivable that bird song could be another example.

Scientists have not been able to decode them, but at least there's no question that these signals exist. On the other hand, the alleged signals you're talking about, from human beings, have never been detected by scientists at all, as far as I'm aware.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 11:23 pm

Some crazy Antifa guy came running after me for wearing my shiny German helmet back in June. He preceded to corner me inside the dollar store and he said the same stuff again that my helmet was sick and get out of the country. I looked him right in the eyes and this was my response...."You're just jealous of me because I'm not afraid to be myself." He said, "Be yourself....wear the helmet, than. That's a nice helmet!" I only wear the helmet once a week, now. I don't support Antifa. I've decided that I'd let The Kinks back into my life and look up to Mick Avory again. It's what I've wanted for a while, anyways so I worked hard to make it possible.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2019, 11:29 pm

I think that there are many incels who blame their situation on looks. The thing is that the same people don't do anything to change their own looks. They don't want to do the work.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 4:12 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Specifically what all kinds of information do you believe can be transmitted this way? If I recall correctly, it included specific feelings and desires. The latter could be very complex, it seems to me.

Feelings and probably a few other things (like poking with happy feelings) are basic things (and not complex at all). However, I think it is possible to carry out a normal conversation this way, which would mean there has to be a path to send verbal information. That's not more complex than sending morse code. The only thing that is needed is to code sounds of speech.

Mona Pereth wrote:
If not the brain, then what organ of the body do you believe does get used as the transmitter? Ditto the receiver?

I think both are in the brain, or possibly eyes (like the magnetic sensor of birds).

Mona Pereth wrote:
You're talking about the kinds of distances for which even the simplest electromagnetic signal, from a source as small as some organ of the human body, definitely would require something like an amplifier and an antenna. And the amplifier would have to be big and powerful enough to be quite obvious -- unless there's something else in the natural world serving as a natural equivalent of cell phone towers, but that would need to be big and powerful enough to be quite obvious too.

They would need to be at least around 1 GHz, in order for the wavelength to be short enough not to require an antenna large enough to be highly visible.

It is possible to build radio transmitters in the nanoscale: Nano transmitter

Also, creating a transmitter for the typical FM band around 100MHz that can reach a few kilometers could be done by an amateur using only a small 9v battery and a couple of centimeters of normal wire as an antenna: https://www.instructables.com/id/The-Ul ... ansmitter/

Going from a few kilometers to 300 km is only a factor 100 or so. Note that transmitters use a dB-scale which is logarithmic. If I remember it correctly doubling the signal results in a 6dB increase. Here we are talking about 7 (2^7 = 128) doublings or 43dB. If the detector was 43dB more sensitive, then the above device would work over the distance of 300km. In practice, the receiver would be flooded by noise, but by use of smart coding, it could still detect the signal.

I once was a radio amateur, and it certainly is possible to use only a small wire as an antenna for the 27MHz band as well. It might not be optimal, and you might damage the transmitter, but it certainly works.

IOW, I don't think it is impossible for evolution to figure out a solution that could transmit (and receive) electromagnetic signals a few 100kms at the nanoscale in a few 100s million years or more.

I also wonder why many ESP experiments use electromagnetically shielded rooms during their experiments? What exactly are they afraid of? :wink:

Mona Pereth wrote:
Scientists have not been able to decode them, but at least there's no question that these signals exist. On the other hand, the alleged signals you're talking about, from human beings, have never been detected by scientists at all, as far as I'm aware.

There is so much electrosmog right now so this is a daunting task. Would have been much easier to do before we had some much electronics and radio transmitters. Also, as anybody that has experimented with radios know, there is a lot of background noise present, and this was the case before much of the modern electronics and cellphones came into use as well.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 4:31 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Essentially what these birds have is a compass. See We Finally Know How Birds Can See Earth's Magnetic Field. And, as we both noted earlier, what they are detecting is a static field, not a signal.

I cannot find a study that confirms that birds also can see small changes in the magnetic field and one poorly performed study from the 60s that concluded they couldn't. I've seen people claim that the primary use of this for navigation is not as a compass but the small natural fluctuations in the field that birds might associate with a place they have previously been at. We might eventually be able to confirm (or reject) this.

I think at least some people (potentially more NDs, I don't know), also can detect water. I've experimented with this as well, and concluded that my mother (which originally showed me this a long time ago) and I had the same opinions of where water currents were located, and we could also conclude that most digged wells resided in crosses. I think flowing water might create small disturbances in magnetic fields which is possible to pick up.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 5:04 am

How do you think birds usually migrate to similar locales year and year after year....some of which are thousands of miles from where they started?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 6:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
How do you think birds usually migrate to similar locales year and year after year....some of which are thousands of miles from where they started?

Maybe not so different from how we humans would? We would remember things from along the path. If you travel over a vaste sea area, or at night, you obviously cannot use visual signs along the path, but if you can notice small changes in the earth's magnetic field, that could be used as a replacement.

Also, if you ever have used a compass, you would notice that knowing where north is is not sufficient to find your destination. You also must know your position to be able to use the compass to find the fastest way.

As a side note, I sometimes use my direction sensor to my love to amuse people that I know where north is. That builds on me knowing where she is (and, of course, roughly where I am), and then I can tell people where north is. Works very well even within shopping malls with strange forms. So, no, I don't have a built-in compass, but under the right conditions, I can still tell where north is. :mrgreen:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:15 am

rdos wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:

It is possible to build radio transmitters in the nanoscale: Nano transmitter

How powerful could such a tiny transmitter be, though?

rdos wrote:
Also, creating a transmitter for the typical FM band around 100MHz that can reach a few kilometers could be done by an amateur using only a small 9v battery and a couple of centimeters of normal wire as an antenna: https://www.instructables.com/id/The-Ul ... ansmitter/

Going from a few kilometers to 300 km is only a factor 100 or so. Note that transmitters use a dB-scale which is logarithmic. If I remember it correctly doubling the signal results in a 6dB increase. Here we are talking about 7 (2^7 = 128) doublings or 43dB. If the detector was 43dB more sensitive, then the above device would work over the distance of 300km. In practice, the receiver would be flooded by noise, but by use of smart coding, it could still detect the signal.

I once was a radio amateur, and it certainly is possible to use only a small wire as an antenna for the 27MHz band as well. It might not be optimal, and you might damage the transmitter, but it certainly works.

Indeed, for the signal to be able to travel up to 300 km, it would probably need to be in the shortwave frequency range (3 to 30 MHz), so it can bounce down from the ionosphere -- a detail I forgot about when writing my previous post.

rdos wrote:
IOW, I don't think it is impossible for evolution to figure out a solution that could transmit (and receive) electromagnetic signals a few 100kms at the nanoscale in a few 100s million years or more.

I also wonder why many ESP experiments use electromagnetically shielded rooms during their experiments? What exactly are they afraid of? :wink:

Mona Pereth wrote:

There is so much electrosmog right now so this is a daunting task. Would have been much easier to do before we had some much electronics and radio transmitters. Also, as anybody that has experimented with radios know, there is a lot of background noise present, and this was the case before much of the modern electronics and cellphones came into use as well.

Even with background noise, it should be possible for an experimenter to detect, at short range, these hypothetical natural radio transmitters in the human body. So it's still surprising that these things have not been found yet, given the many investigations into electrical activity of the human nervous system.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 9:06 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Indeed, for the signal to be able to travel up to 300 km, it would probably need to be in the shortwave frequency range (3 to 30 MHz), so it can bounce down from the ionosphere -- a detail I forgot about when writing my previous post.

Maybe a bit above too, but it has to be in the MHz area at least.

Also, my original perception was that it only worked up to 200 km, and I think the longer distance is based on extensive training & use.

Mona Pereth wrote:
Even with background noise, it should be possible for an experimenter to detect, at short range, these hypothetical natural radio transmitters in the human body. So it's still surprising that these things have not been found yet, given the many investigations into electrical activity of the human nervous system.

I can see several problems with detecting them. For one, I suspect they are only active when transmitting something, and few people probably use them. Even the direction sense is likely dependent on some kind of polls being sent out. If you just measure human brain activity in a scanner on some NT, the chance of something being sent this way would be minimal. It's a bit like click sounds from whales. They are only sent when whales want to communicate something. To have these things turned on all the time would waste lots of energy.

You could compare it to human talking to. Many people, although not all, only talk when they have something interesting to talk about. :wink:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 11:30 pm

rdos wrote:
Also, my original perception was that it only worked up to 200 km, and I think the longer distance is based on extensive training & use.

Mona Pereth wrote:

I can see several problems with detecting them. For one, I suspect they are only active when transmitting something, and few people probably use them. Even the direction sense is likely dependent on some kind of polls being sent out. If you just measure human brain activity in a scanner on some NT, the chance of something being sent this way would be minimal. It's a bit like click sounds from whales. They are only sent when whales want to communicate something. To have these things turned on all the time would waste lots of energy.

You could compare it to human talking to. Many people, although not all, only talk when they have something interesting to talk about. :wink:

I see your points here.

But it would be great if you yourself could devise some objective way to detect the RF signals that you believe yourself to be capable of emitting. Given your background in amateur radio, hopefully you'll be able to find a way to do this.

Until the existence of these signals can be objectively demonstrated, it's not reasonable to expect the rest of us to devote time and energy to learning how to send them.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 6:51 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that there are many incels who blame their situation on looks. The thing is that the same people don't do anything to change their own looks. They don't want to do the work.
What work? Changing your looks is a drawn-out process, not to mention expensive!

I found that out when I went in for a plastic surgery consultation, at age 21. I was inspired to do so by a waitress, when she told her colleague that I had creepy eyes. By contrast, my friend at the time had four friends-with-benefits and many hookups with the girls he met. So I knew that in order to have even 1/10th of his success, I'd have to go under the knife. I found a plastic surgeon, and called him.

The doctor took a picture of me, and used a computer program to show what my new face will look like. Unfortunately, he also told me that it'll cost $10,000 and require 6 weeks of aftercare. I had neither. He must have seen how upset I looked, because he was kind enough to waive his usual $50 consultation fee.

I aged into my looks by age 27 or 28, because girls actually started showing interest in me somewhat regularly. Today, I still look nice, but I'm also old. Time will tell if I'll still look good 10 years from now. Maybe, maybe not. Only I don't care at this point, because my sex drive today is nonexistent. Aging + Effexor does that to you. So without a desire to attract women, good looks are mostly redundant.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2019, 6:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
He didn't look ugly at all, he was a handsome Euro-Asian.

He's moron tho that he obsessively fixated on the attention of White women, he could SO easily get a lot of attention from Asian or African women or any other non-white ethnicity, a mixed white-asian in Asian communities is considered very attractive.

If I relied on Caucasian women, I would have remained a kissless virgin.

Yes most white women won't give attention to a non-white man, I did this experiment myself on dating apps and on a large scale, it's strikingly true. (Mona, if you are curious of what I am talking about: viewtopic.php?t=275336).

What is one supposed to do if they fare better romantically with minority women but have racist family? 8O

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:14 am

SportsGamer35728 wrote:
What is one supposed to do if they fare better romantically with minority women but have racist family?
Marry the girl and forget the family.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:17 am

Fnord wrote:
SportsGamer35728 wrote:
What is one supposed to do if they fare better romantically with minority women but have racist family?
Marry the girl and forget the family.

And you'll be much happier than the other way around!