Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Page 18 of 34 [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,985
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

25 Aug 2019, 12:49 am

BDavro wrote:
Come on everybody!

Join in and kick the incel, it's socially acceptable, kick away and what the hell, let us just piss on him and smash his skull in with a brick, it's just a f*****g incel after all.

Do you understand now?

Nature has hatred and contempt for it's creations. You're just seeing that first hand.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2019
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,232

25 Aug 2019, 12:53 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
BDavro wrote:
Come on everybody!

Join in and kick the incel, it's socially acceptable, kick away and what the hell, let us just piss on him and smash his skull in with a brick, it's just a f*****g incel after all.

Do you understand now?

Nature has hatred and contempt for it's creations. You're just seeing that first hand.


That was not directed at you.



techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,985
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

25 Aug 2019, 1:16 am

BDavro wrote:
That was not directed at you.

Didn't think I was defending myself in saying it?

Unless I completely misunderstood that and you didn't mean a word of that - in that case that's my aspieness kicking in.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2019
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,232

25 Aug 2019, 1:19 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
BDavro wrote:
That was not directed at you.

Didn't think I was defending myself in saying it?

Unless I completely misunderstood that and you didn't mean a word of that - in that case that's my aspieness kicking in.



XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,343
Location: The Oort Cloud

25 Aug 2019, 6:25 am

BDavro wrote:
If I disagree with someone then they are literally hitler.

Men I disagree with or dislike are incels.

Some of the females posting on this thread need to take a long and hard look at themselves and their twisted views on men.


Yeah, nobody on this thread is calling men they disagree with incels.


_________________
"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (moderator)


The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,716
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

25 Aug 2019, 7:34 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Men being the initiators take on the risk of making the first move. It is up to the woman to accept or reject. Don't take it personally if you are not a woman's type and she does not need to give you any reason. It is just like applying for jobs, the recruiter/employer does not need to give you an explanation why you did not get an interview for the job.


That’s the harsh truth.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,842
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

25 Aug 2019, 10:53 am

Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Simple, superficial people will seek to explain their failures in simple, superficial ways.


_________________
Who’s better at organic chemistry than a person? They’re made of organic chemistry!


LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Joined: 11 Jul 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 145
Location: Deep South U.S.A.

27 Aug 2019, 9:46 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Simple, superficial people will seek to explain their failures in simple, superficial ways.


Or perhaps because the simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

Even if looks aren't the be-all end-all, I don't think rejecting a guy because he's socially awkward (which he can only help to a certain extent) is any less superficial than rejecting him for his looks (which he can also only help to a certain extent).



techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,985
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

27 Aug 2019, 10:54 pm

Talking about superficiality, can we at least admit - this is a piece of natural selection and natural selection will gladly overlook the diabetic or the person with sickle cell but nail the autist or midget to the wall?

It's kinda clear that the perceptions are only so deep, if it weren't the case we'd be getting healthier and more robust with every passing generation! Evidence of that seems rather thin.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,842
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

28 Aug 2019, 12:40 am

LookWhoItIs wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Simple, superficial people will seek to explain their failures in simple, superficial ways.


Or perhaps because the simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

Even if looks aren't the be-all end-all, I don't think rejecting a guy because he's socially awkward (which he can only help to a certain extent) is any less superficial than rejecting him for his looks (which he can also only help to a certain extent).


I don't believe a lot of incels are willing to consider there's an issue with their personalities, temperaments or mannerisms otherwise they'd maybe attempt to improve those things instead of whining that they're ugly. The sad thing is, not all of them are physically repulsive, further reinforcing that their appearance isn't their biggest issue.


_________________
Who’s better at organic chemistry than a person? They’re made of organic chemistry!


hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,808
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

28 Aug 2019, 4:10 pm

LookWhoItIs wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Simple, superficial people will seek to explain their failures in simple, superficial ways.


Or perhaps because the simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

Even if looks aren't the be-all end-all, I don't think rejecting a guy because he's socially awkward (which he can only help to a certain extent) is any less superficial than rejecting him for his looks (which he can also only help to a certain extent).



I disagree. If you are attracted to someone, but the conversation is like drawing teeth, it's not enjoyable to be around them. The relationship isn't sustainable.

I've been rejected for my lack of conversational skills. "You just don't talk enough", he said. That was 20 years ago, I've improved since then. The last date I went on I was the one doing all the talking and he hardly spoke.

Do you really want to be with someone who's personality doesn't interest you?

That's not superficial. It's a question of compatibility. This is a person that you're going to be spending A LOT of time with. You want to be with someone that is nice to be around, not someone who makes you feel awkward, uncomfortable and embarassed for them.


_________________
I love your Vivienne Westwood shirt
Why won't you let me wear it?


hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,808
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

28 Aug 2019, 4:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
LookWhoItIs wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Simple, superficial people will seek to explain their failures in simple, superficial ways.


Or perhaps because the simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

Even if looks aren't the be-all end-all, I don't think rejecting a guy because he's socially awkward (which he can only help to a certain extent) is any less superficial than rejecting him for his looks (which he can also only help to a certain extent).


I don't believe a lot of incels are willing to consider there's an issue with their personalities, temperaments or mannerisms otherwise they'd maybe attempt to improve those things instead of whining that they're ugly. The sad thing is, not all of them are physically repulsive, further reinforcing that their appearance isn't their biggest issue.


I totally agree.


_________________
I love your Vivienne Westwood shirt
Why won't you let me wear it?


hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,808
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

28 Aug 2019, 4:11 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Talking about superficiality, can we at least admit - this is a piece of natural selection and natural selection will gladly overlook the diabetic or the person with sickle cell but nail the autist or midget to the wall?

It's kinda clear that the perceptions are only so deep, if it weren't the case we'd be getting healthier and more robust with every passing generation! Evidence of that seems rather thin.


This should be stickied!


_________________
I love your Vivienne Westwood shirt
Why won't you let me wear it?


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,876
Location: US

29 Aug 2019, 1:39 am

funeralxempire wrote:
LookWhoItIs wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Simple, superficial people will seek to explain their failures in simple, superficial ways.


Or perhaps because the simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

Even if looks aren't the be-all end-all, I don't think rejecting a guy because he's socially awkward (which he can only help to a certain extent) is any less superficial than rejecting him for his looks (which he can also only help to a certain extent).


I don't believe a lot of incels are willing to consider there's an issue with their personalities, temperaments or mannerisms otherwise they'd maybe attempt to improve those things instead of whining that they're ugly. The sad thing is, not all of them are physically repulsive, further reinforcing that their appearance isn't their biggest issue.


I get told I’m ugly a lot. Y women, I should just one that? They’ve never even seen me in person just pictures of my face.

World runs off looks people judge others by thefar r looks we aren’t books. And people judge most books by their covers that’s why they spend so much on cover art.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,842
Location: I'm on the streets like curbs

29 Aug 2019, 1:45 am

sly279 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
LookWhoItIs wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Why do almost all 'incels' blame their situation on looks?

Simple, superficial people will seek to explain their failures in simple, superficial ways.


Or perhaps because the simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

Even if looks aren't the be-all end-all, I don't think rejecting a guy because he's socially awkward (which he can only help to a certain extent) is any less superficial than rejecting him for his looks (which he can also only help to a certain extent).


I don't believe a lot of incels are willing to consider there's an issue with their personalities, temperaments or mannerisms otherwise they'd maybe attempt to improve those things instead of whining that they're ugly. The sad thing is, not all of them are physically repulsive, further reinforcing that their appearance isn't their biggest issue.


I get told I’m ugly a lot. Y women, I should just one that? They’ve never even seen me in person just pictures of my face.

World runs off looks people judge others by thefar r looks we aren’t books. And people judge most books by their covers that’s why they spend so much on cover art.


For what it's worth I can neither speak to your experiences or say whether or not you'd self-identify as an incel.

I'm making a generalized observation about a group of people based on what they say and post about themselves.


_________________
Who’s better at organic chemistry than a person? They’re made of organic chemistry!