Another Year Older, No Better Off

Page 2 of 5 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,873
Location: US

13 Aug 2019, 12:56 pm

Don’t listen to the people who say your too young, they say same thing to me and I’m almost 10 years older. They’d probaby it to a 50 year old.
Like the idea that maybe in our 80s or 90s we’d get a relationship briefly before we die with some lady that’s had tons of relationships, kids and lived life is suppose to make us feel better. :roll:

I got told that from 20 to 31 I’m still told that, and as we get older our chances get worse. Especially if you don’t have a career that your progressing through and making good money. Most 30-40 olds have a good job, new car, and own their own house , that’s whats expected as a base line. Even if we had that the fact we’ve never had a relationship at 30-40 is a huge red flag to women to avoid getting into one with us, cause “there must be a reason not a single woman would date him in 20-30 years”



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,762
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Aug 2019, 1:00 pm

I didn't have a good job, my own house, or my own car when I was 40 years old.

When I was 30, I couldn't even drive a car. And I didn't have a good job or my own house.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,873
Location: US

13 Aug 2019, 3:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I didn't have a good job, my own house, or my own car when I was 40 years old.

When I was 30, I couldn't even drive a car. And I didn't have a good job or my own house.

You also grew up in nyc which has way more women then men and in different times and in a place where most don’t own a car, so it’s not unusual.
Out west where everything is so far apart, most people own at least one car, a lot own 2-4 cars. East coast is so dense and compact you can hope a train from one place to another , in the cities you can ride the subways anywhere, west coast doesn’t have subways. The train runs twice a day not 10+ times a day. It’s hard to get across town here non less get to another city. This is why European cars failed so much when they first came over, they were built for 3-4 hour drives between cities. It’s hour by car to the next nearest similar size city. My area has way more men then women. Studies show when there more men then women women get picky, reverse and women are less picky.
So yes I’m nyc dating is easier as it’s date the men there or end up alone and better snag one before there’s none. Here they have excess men so there’s no need to rush or settle. Simple supply and demand. When supply is over demand then value goes down. Nyc has more demand for men then supply of men. That’s why there’s agencies that get paid thousands of dollars to match women up with men there. Some get paid tens of thousands when it comes to otherdaox Jewish women seeking men.

I don’t live in nyc. Neither does the op I’m guessing.
Wish I could gone to one of the colleges that was 80% women.
Same studies also found men in area with more women tend to not get in relationships and sleep around vrs ones with more men.

Same reason women on dating sites get so picky.
When there’s 2,000 more men then women why would any woman pick a loser like me?

There’s 419,870 more women in nyc then men. That’s 6 times more then the entire population of my city. No wonder women aren’t picky there.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,715
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

13 Aug 2019, 3:45 pm

You need a full transformation on several levels probably, starting with your appearance, you won’t get a different output if you remain the same every year.

And no, you are not “too young”... the time will fly so fast.



hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,808
Location: Eyjafjallajökull

13 Aug 2019, 4:15 pm

Yes, you're young enough not to panic, but old enough not to allow stagnation to set in.

There are a lot of short workout videos on YouTube you could do at home. No need to find extra time to go to the gym. Even starting with 15min every other day will get you moving a bit more.

I know it's difficult. I had dinner and fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours when I got home today.


_________________
I love your Vivienne Westwood shirt
Why won't you let me wear it?


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,762
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Aug 2019, 4:51 pm

I don't believe needs to work out.

Perhaps a few walks a week would help get the weight off. And it's Australian winter----so it's not like it is hot. Most Australian big cities are in the teens Celsius during the day, and the single digits Celsius at night. It can get rainy; but it never gets really cold. Except maybe Canberra, which can get snow and Minus 5 pretty easily.

I would say Melbourne is in the low to mid teens by day and single digits at night; it frequently rains. Never snows.

Sydney is warmer. Upper teens/low 20's for maximums, upper single digits for minimums. I don't think it rains as much as Melbourne does.

Brisbane is warmer still. Sometimes teens even for minimum temps, and into the 20's sometimes. I've seen it rain pretty often.

Perth and Adelaide are similar. Mid-upper teens by day, and high single digits by night. Rain.

All in all, pretty good walking weather.



Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Aug 2018
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,866

13 Aug 2019, 4:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't believe needs to work out.

Perhaps a few walks a week would help get the weight off. And it's Australian winter----so it's not like it is hot. Most Australian big cities are in the teens Celsius during the day, and the single digits Celsius at night. It can get rainy; but it never gets really cold. Except maybe Canberra, which can get snow and Minus 5 pretty easily.

I would say Melbourne is in the low to mid teens by day and single digits at night; it frequently rains. Never snows.

Sydney is warmer. Upper teens/low 20's for maximums, upper single digits for minimums. I don't think it rains as much as Melbourne does.

Brisbane is warmer still. Sometimes teens even for minimum temps, and into the 20's sometimes. I've seen it rain pretty often.

Perth and Adelaide are similar. Mid-upper teens by day, and high single digits by night. Rain.

All in all, pretty good walking weather.

I envy how well-travelled you are. I'd happily take you for a beer if you ever visited London.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,762
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Aug 2019, 4:58 pm

I wish I was so well-traveled! LOL

I've never been to Australia----but I keep track of the weather there.

Canberra and Alice Springs are especially interesting places weatherwise. Both cities get frosts in winter. I've seen it Minus 7 in Alice Springs. Both get hot in the summer; Alice Springs even more so. I've seen low 40's in Alice Springs---but I wouldn't put 50 Celsius past the place. Canberra a little cooler--but still 40's at times.



BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,015

13 Aug 2019, 5:05 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I envy how well-travelled you are.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're still very young. At your age, I haven't seen anything but my home country. Now not only I have my few favourite/regular restaurants in almost every European country, but worked and spend some significant time in some places I couldn't' even imagine I'll ever get to set foot in. :lol:


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,762
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Aug 2019, 5:09 pm

When I was in my early 20's, I had only been to one foreign country: Canada. And that's when I was 6 years old.



Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Aug 2018
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,866

13 Aug 2019, 5:13 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
I envy how well-travelled you are.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're still very young. At your age, I haven't seen anything but my home country. Now not only I have my few favourite/regular restaurants in almost every European country, but worked and spend some significant time in some places I couldn't' even imagine I'll ever get to set foot in. :lol:

I'm not too badly off, but I've never been to Australia. The European capitals are mostly enough for me, anyway. I'd love to see Japan, India, Russia and a few countries in South America. I once felt like travelling to Canada, having some ancestors who settled over there, but I don't like some of the things I've been hearing about the country of late. America is a big one. I'd also like to go to Peking, if it ever gains its freedom.



Last edited by Prometheus18 on 13 Aug 2019, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,762
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Aug 2019, 5:15 pm

Canada is very low-crime. The drivers are very polite. The cities are very clean. The scenery is magnificent.



Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Aug 2018
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,866

13 Aug 2019, 5:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Canada is very low-crime. The drivers are very polite. The cities are very clean. The scenery is magnificent.

I still prefer Switzerland for all those things :wink:

- and it's only two hours away by flight.



BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Feb 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,015

13 Aug 2019, 5:18 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
I envy how well-travelled you are.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're still very young. At your age, I haven't seen anything but my home country. Now not only I have my few favourite/regular restaurants in almost every European country, but worked and spend some significant time in some places I couldn't' even imagine I'll ever get to set foot in. :lol:

I'm not too badly off, but I've never been to Australia. The European capitals are mostly enough for me, anyway. I'd love to see Japan, India, Russia and a few countries in South America. I once felt like travelling to Canada, having some ancestors who settled over there, but I don't like some of the things I've been hearing about the country of late. America is a big one. I'd also like to go to Peking, if it ever gains its freedom.


From your list, never been to Australia either. I come from the North, their climate scares me :lol:

(Note, not Pekin either, just Honk Kong)


_________________
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 63,762
Location: Queens, NYC

13 Aug 2019, 5:23 pm

Australia has a very moderate climate most of the time.

It gets hot inland in summer-----it's infrequently hot on the coast in Australia.

It only really snows in the high mountains there. Canberra gets a little snow---but not much.