18-19 year olds got it bad on dating sites(especially guys)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 11:16 am

Right now I’m in a position in my life where I have had thoughts about trying to find someone on a dating site. A while ago, I tried this dating site for Aspies, problem was no one was on there who was in the 18-20 range. And being a guy doesn’t help either because women generally want to date guys who are older. They ought a just bump the minimum age to 20, in that case.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 1:30 pm

Try a normal dating sites. The one for Aspies doesn't have many people to choose from. You can find a bunch of introverts and socially awkward/weird individuals on other websites (for example OKCupid), not just aspies - it means more options. There is a lot of competition as well but if you find a right girl she won't care about the other guys. For example I actively seek out the weird ones and if I see a guy that is clearly "normal" I will just ignore him. I am sick of people expecting me to be normal and them being surprised by my quirks. It's way easier if the guy is quirky as well because they know how it feels.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 6:46 pm

Update: I actually have gotten on a Plenty Of Fish, and you’re right, there are plenty more 18-21s on there. It’s only been 3 days and I’ve already gotten some “x wants to meet you” notifications. It’ll probably take a while, but I feel good about my chances.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 4:44 am

Dating sites have been crap for me no mafter how old I was when I tried them

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 12:55 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

A dating site went well for me when I was 25 but now, when I am 30yo it doesn't. Only perverts contact me and one dating website actually blocked my profile. Is it bad that I don't want to marry?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Oct 2019, 7:40 pm

Same here but me trying to get dates offline was also cr@p for me. A lot of it is probably cuz I have physical disabilities & never had my sh!t together in life cuz of them & autism & other mental issues. I would of tried the mail-order bride route if I had the money & resources.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 1:51 pm

nick007 wrote:
Same here but me trying to get dates offline was also cr@p for me. A lot of it is probably cuz I have physical disabilities & never had my sh!t together in life cuz of them & autism & other mental issues. I would of tried the mail-order bride route if I had the money & resources.

Hi Nick :D :D

It was the same for me for dating offline. It’s easier for me to date online. It’s good you don’t have to find a date, you already found your true love.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 3:47 pm

Enjoy your youth while it lasts, while you may have a bit of a shortage of options compared to us in our thirties, you also have the least pressure as you have a lot of time.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."