Changed my profile infor and lied and results are as expecte

Page 1 of 16 [ 253 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 3:30 pm

So I changed my job and income and over night I’m getting matches like crazy.

So it never had anything to do with my personality. Just that I was min wage.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:14 pm

This is because it’s an online dating site. People tend to have superficial standards on them—because you only see people’s pictures.

There are people who are superficial—yes there are—but there are other people who have depth.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This is because it’s an online dating site. People tend to have superficial standards on them—because you only see people’s pictures.

There are people who are superficial—yes there are—but there are other people who have depth.

This shows that’s not true. Most Women read the profiles and it’s the income that matters.
That’s all that changed and they have to go to my profile to see it.

Do you think the people on dating sites don’t exist in person? Their your friends, their your neighbors, they’re your coworkers.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 5:18 pm

This reminds me of an experiment that two women I knew made. They created a fake account for one Andrea Dworkin ( a famous radical feminist). The profile said that she was a dental student, they included a lot of ridiculous stuff in the profile but none of it deterred the steady stream of replies from unwitting guys.
(I realise that their experiment was done for kicks and yours was a controlled experiment)

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 5:22 pm

Sorry the world is mostly "shallow". It bothers me also.

If you are looking for a woman who only dates men who earn above minimum wage, then you've just attracted them. If not, why would you want to? (Yes, I know this was a test.)

My BFF has been telling me for years that people don't think like me (honest, compassionate, logical) and I didn't understand. How could they not? I'm beginning to understand.

I married a man who makes less than minimum wage and our relationship works. Albeit, I didn't find him online, I found him at a Special Interest of mine, but online dating wasn't a thing back then.

Warning "it worked for a friend" story. Which can be really annoying when something is generally not working for you. Because who knows what will work for you. But by golly something will. So if you dislike these stories, then please skip. My favorite online matchup was a schoolmate who got no hits whatsoever with his "real" picture (it was plainly who he was). He could have "dolled" himself up or whatever, but that is not who he is. So he went to shutdown his profile (not the correct mechanism for him)... a there was a single message. A photographer... "your picture is awful, I could take a better one...". They are happily married.

I'm hoping my job search goes like this. I imagine I am going to have a lot of bad fits (already two), but am hoping the one good match is out there.... and I will be myself to find it... (and it's scary as heck). Imagine how many interviews I could line up if I merely changed the name on my work resume? And I can imagine some hiring managers unconsciously trashing my resume when they pick up on my honesty and devotion to quality (= trouble in many non-inclusive workplaces). Shallow sucks.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 5:22 pm

domineekee wrote:
This reminds me of an experiment that two women I knew made. They created a fake account for one Andrea Dworkin ( a famous radical feminist). The profile said that she was a dental student, they included a lot of ridiculous stuff in the profile but none of it deterred the steady stream of replies from unwitting guys.
(I realise that their experiment was done for kicks and yours was a controlled experiment)

I cry myself to sleep every night now so I just said f**k it. The results don’t surprise me though. Doesn’t help me either.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 5:40 pm

I wish I could help.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 8:09 pm

I wish I could help, too.

Sly is a normal-looking guy. A big lug, teddy bear sort of guy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 8:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish I could help, too.

Sly is a normal-looking guy. A big lug, teddy bear sort of guy.

I’m poor and that’s what matters most.
Wish we lived in old days, a peasant woman didn’t care if she dated a peasant. But Friday that peasant woman demands a noble and nothing less. So maybe class systems weren’t so bad.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm

I see people living on the streets in relationships but that’s generally because those people are so used to living in their situation that they just accept whatever they can get.

I apparently only qualify for women who are “churchy” in that they dress extremely modest, style their hair in the bouffant style, and fear everything that would make them appear “unwomanly”. I don’t mesh with these kind of women at all despite pressuring from my parents and grandmother.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 9:31 pm

sly279 wrote:

That is sad. But a word of advice. Ignore any girl who only dates for your money. Change it back to a low income because any girl that is willing to get to know you with a low income is a real jem and a keeper.

I am one who has had both periods of a comfortable income and periods of no income at all... And then periods of very low income.
I never looked at a girls income.
But anyway... Money can come and go just like that. It is meaningless. True love lasts forever.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 10:30 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
sly279 wrote:

That is sad. But a word of advice. Ignore any girl who only dates for your money. Change it back to a low income because any girl that is willing to get to know you with a low income is a real jem and a keeper.

I am one who has had both periods of a comfortable income and periods of no income at all... And then periods of very low income.
I never looked at a girls income.
But anyway... Money can come and go just like that. It is meaningless. True love lasts forever.

Not a single woman is though. 15 years on the sites I should gotten a few matches.
What I’m getting is normal for other guys with good jobs.

Men don’t care about women’s income, or their job or their status. Can’t say same about most women. Their profiles always list income and job as deal breaker.

It’s pointless and hopeless man. So why change it back doesn’t matter either way. Women in my state only care about men who have good income.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 10:39 pm

SharonB wrote:
Sorry the world is mostly "shallow". It bothers me also.

If you are looking for a woman who only dates men who earn above minimum wage, then you've just attracted them. If not, why would you want to? (Yes, I know this was a test.)

My BFF has been telling me for years that people don't think like me (honest, compassionate, logical) and I didn't understand. How could they not? I'm beginning to understand.

I married a man who makes less than minimum wage and our relationship works. Albeit, I didn't find him online, I found him at a Special Interest of mine, but online dating wasn't a thing back then.

Warning "it worked for a friend" story. Which can be really annoying when something is generally not working for you. Because who knows what will work for you. But by golly something will. So if you dislike these stories, then please skip. My favorite online matchup was a schoolmate who got no hits whatsoever with his "real" picture (it was plainly who he was). He could have "dolled" himself up or whatever, but that is not who he is. So he went to shutdown his profile (not the correct mechanism for him)... a there was a single message. A photographer... "your picture is awful, I could take a better one...". They are happily married.

I'm hoping my job search goes like this. I imagine I am going to have a lot of bad fits (already two), but am hoping the one good match is out there.... and I will be myself to find it... (and it's scary as heck). Imagine how many interviews I could line up if I merely changed the name on my work resume? And I can imagine some hiring managers unconsciously trashing my resume when they pick up on my honesty and devotion to quality (= trouble in many non-inclusive workplaces). Shallow sucks.

I don’t seek them out. But it’s like trying to find a non black black cat. Black cats are black. Which is to say most of not all single women are after a guy with good income.
Atleasr in my area if not the whole USA. Seems European and Canadian women as well as Asian women are less superficial. Different societies that value poor people. Usua raises kids to hate poor people it tells little girls they deserve nothing less then a prince.

Parents tell their girls “he’s not good enough for you” like why what makes women so societal they better then another human being.

Women in person won’t even talk to me so getting to know them then dating them is impossible. They look down on me. They better then likes of me. They going date well off guys and travel the world.
I can’t offer them that. So I’m not even worth saying hi to.

I was always told I’m a rare person too kind and caring for this world

Women tell me I’d make a perfect boyfriend if only I had a real job.

No one wants to help me. So no girls going offer to take better pictures or re due my profile answers. They don’t even swipe on me other then to reject me.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 10:43 pm

Do you have a good picture and description that would appeal to NT women?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

02 Nov 2019, 11:49 pm

Sorry you're having no success with suitable women, Sly. You need someone with the personality and outlook of SharonB - someone really caring who has er priorities right - but such women are unfortunately few and far between and she's already taken! Ideally you need someone who's on the spectrum as they are more interested in their special interests than how much they, or a potential partner, have in the bank.

Perhaps your search will be rewarded when you're least expecting it.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2019, 3:07 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Sorry you're having no success with suitable women, Sly. You need someone with the personality and outlook of SharonB - someone really caring who has er priorities right - but such women are unfortunately few and far between and she's already taken! Ideally you need someone who's on the spectrum as they are more interested in their special interests than how much they, or a potential partner, have in the bank.

Perhaps your search will be rewarded when you're least expecting it.

Such women are always taken, lots of poor loser men like me not enough women who’d date such men. Worse here do to there being 2,000 more men then women, it inflates women’s egos even more. Most women won’t date long distance either so I’m limited to half my city.

Half or more of the women in wp have expressed thwt they won’t date a guy unless he makes as much or more then they do. I don’t think aspies are special we are more alike nts then we’d admit. But we aren’t different species so makes sense.